Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Line Parties

cworl

Oct 19 2012, 10:16pm

Post #1 of 16 (425 views)
Shortcut
Line Parties Can't Post

Hey, any word on the Line Parties? I know for ROTK they started selling tickets for the Line Parties in October... but I haven't been able to find anything and I do NOT want to miss it! I will be looking for a line party in the Midwest, either in Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, or MO. I will travel! I have no idea how Line Parties work... is it something the Cinema has to set up.... or is someone suppose to take initiative and start something themselves? Cause I would totally start advocating for a Line Party, if that is the proper course of action. Wink Can anyone shed light on this issue???

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 20 2012, 12:18am

Post #2 of 16 (362 views)
Shortcut
Very soon! [In reply to] Can't Post

Our Home Page just had an upgrade, and one of the benefits is that Line Party capability is part of the upgrade. We're finalizing the logistics, but hope to announce Line Parties in the next few days.

Watch the Home Page for updates, and in the meantime, join the discussion in the forums.Smile

Tamara
Rivendell

Oct 23 2012, 8:29pm

Post #3 of 16 (795 views)
Shortcut
3 locations are now live... [In reply to] Can't Post

...on the line parties website!

It has begun. :)

Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm still headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) in December 2012 with Red Carpet Tours for the Hobbit premier!

Refurin
The Shire

Oct 25 2012, 6:30pm

Post #4 of 16 (176 views)
Shortcut
What exactly are they? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it just about gathering outside the theatre on release day? Does it involve lining up days (or longer) ahead of time? Do people generally plan activities/contests/etc or is it just about sharing the excitement with like minded-hobbits? I'm just unsure how it all works/what's involved.

cworl

Oct 25 2012, 9:05pm

Post #5 of 16 (163 views)
Shortcut
Line Parites.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not sure what The Hobbit line parties will entail... but for The Lord of the Rings... mainly ROTK they had line parties where they showed FOTR and TT extended edition in theaters and then they premiered the ROTK at 10:10pm (2 hours earlier than the regular release.) I doubt they will show all 3 LOTR films this time though. It will mostly just be dressing up and probably contests, ect.

divine hobbit
The Shire

Oct 26 2012, 3:47am

Post #6 of 16 (123 views)
Shortcut
where is the line party website? / [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 26 2012, 3:53am

Post #7 of 16 (153 views)
Shortcut
Read this Home Page article for more info on how to start, find, and/or sign up for line parties (link inside) [In reply to] Can't Post

Calling all Line Party Leaders!

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Oct 26 2012, 3:54am)

divine hobbit
The Shire

Oct 26 2012, 4:26am

Post #8 of 16 (143 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

All I saw on that link earlier was the button to start a line party and I'm not sure I'm up for that! I'd love to get in on one though, so will keep my eyes posted to see if anyone in my area goes for it. peace.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 26 2012, 6:46am

Post #9 of 16 (363 views)
Shortcut
Actually... [In reply to] Can't Post

what you're describing is Trilogy Tuesday, which was a studio promotion that only happened once - for Return of the King, and only at selected theaters. But there were fan Line Parties for all three movies at theaters all over the world. Smile

Line Parties are made up of the folks who come out to wait in line for the midnight premiere (some parties may have been organized for other showtimes, but the majority are held for the first midnight showing only). How early they start depends on the people leading it and the theater itself. At mine, I think the earliest people showed up 6-12 hours before the midnight show, while most of the others showed up 3-4 hours ahead (not all theaters allow camping out). Some Line Parties include trivia games or costume contests, and they often have gifts to give away to the people in line. At my local TTT Line Party, we passed out mini-posters to the crowd. For the rest, we just had fun hanging out with fellow fans and reveling in the excitement and anticipation.

Silverlode

macfalk
Valinor

Oct 30 2012, 1:47pm

Post #10 of 16 (141 views)
Shortcut
According to the map... [In reply to] Can't Post

There isn't a single line party in the whole northern Europe! In fact, the only line party in Europe seems to be situated in Bulgaria. Hmm. Not good enough!

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Oct 30 2012, 4:46pm

Post #11 of 16 (208 views)
Shortcut
solution [In reply to] Can't Post

start your own, this is a grass roots event, where everyone can either start one or attend one, so that no one is left seeing the film on their own.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Nazgul_Kidney

Nov 6 2012, 12:33am

Post #12 of 16 (120 views)
Shortcut
I'm Confused [In reply to] Can't Post

So I see a line parties page and I see Silver still active on the board. Yet I don't see a listing for the bay area having a line up. Confusing.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 6 2012, 4:10am

Post #13 of 16 (80 views)
Shortcut
Puzzling, isn't it? [In reply to] Can't Post

The truth is, I've been hoping someone else will start one as I don't have the time for organization, nor the likelihood of being able to arrive very early. I'm also thinking about heading to the local AMC rather than the Mercado, although if there were going to be a LP at one and not the other I would reconsider.

Nice to see you about, NK. Hope life is treating you well. Smile

Silverlode

Nazgul_Kidney

Nov 6 2012, 4:23am

Post #14 of 16 (97 views)
Shortcut
Which is local to you? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have always hated the Mercado if there is the option to do somewhere else. AMC Saratoga is nice. Maybe we could go somewhere else for the line party.

I am just a disorganized person and have a kid now so me planning things usually results in utter failure.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 6 2012, 4:58am

Post #15 of 16 (110 views)
Shortcut
Closest to me [In reply to] Can't Post

is the AMC Cupertino, which is where I was planning to go, but Saratoga is also possible. So what we clearly need now is some young(er) person with time on their hands to do the organizing.

Silverlode

Moahunter
Rohan

Nov 6 2012, 8:01am

Post #16 of 16 (228 views)
Shortcut
Line Party in Wellington tonight. [In reply to] Can't Post

In just a few hours The Embassy starts advance ticket sales....1 minute past midnight (NZ time of course).
There is a webcam on Courtenay Place that shows the entrance of The Embassy. But it doesn't stream and the lighting is very poor
http://wn016-ws1.clnz.net/...ts/webcam/courtenay/
Top left if you want to use your imagination....lol

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.