Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Future Hobbit figures

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Oct 17 2012, 10:13pm

Post #1 of 8 (417 views)
Shortcut
Future Hobbit figures Can't Post

I'm in a groove today! I have so many topics in my head! What characters do you all feel will receive action figures from Bridge Direct going forward? I know we'll get my favorite Beorn ( I believe he will include his massive bear form as a Beast Pack) as well as Thranduil and a Beast Pack Mirkwood Spider with probably a Bilbo with it these will be for the Desolation of Smaug movie. For There and Back Again i believe we will get Smaug (HUGE) with either a Bilbo or Bard figure and also a Dain Ironfoot in 6" and a 4" Dain with his Boar steed (if indeed this is true) as well as Azog and the White warg.

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 17 2012, 11:24pm

Post #2 of 8 (271 views)
Shortcut
Those all sound good [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we will see plenty of beast packs for things like the spiders, orcs, and wargs. I also expect to see variations of the main characters in different outfits as the movies go on. Also any big name character will get something as each wave is announced.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 18 2012, 1:57am

Post #3 of 8 (264 views)
Shortcut
Catatonic Bombur with litter. [In reply to] Can't Post

or maybe Thorin with bow and a hart (or maybe the white doe and fawns).

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Oct 18 2012, 5:24am

Post #4 of 8 (268 views)
Shortcut
Defintitely Bard [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps at least two different versions: 1) Bard the Bowman with bow, quiver and Black Arrow; 2) Bard at Erebor, fully armoured and equipped for war.

Maybe there will be a two-pack with the Master of Lake-town and Alfrid his henchman.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

steve2477
The Shire

Oct 18 2012, 4:28pm

Post #5 of 8 (221 views)
Shortcut
Hoping for!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Only going by what characters i have seen in trailers, I am hoping for a Saruman & Radagast, Galadriel & Elrond, Goblin & Orc two packs, more Dwarf two packs, horse with figure packs, White Warg with Yazneg, Pony with Dwarf, Stone Trolls.

I really hope that Goblin King playset is released and hopefully it does well that maybe they make a cool playset of Bag End.

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Oct 19 2012, 6:17pm

Post #6 of 8 (188 views)
Shortcut
Beorn figure [In reply to] Can't Post

A Beorn figure with his bear form totally excites me as far as action figures go. A must have if it is as awesome as I believe it potentially will be.

steve2477
The Shire

Oct 19 2012, 8:29pm

Post #7 of 8 (204 views)
Shortcut
2 Beorns should be done [In reply to] Can't Post

One as a man with Bilbo and another as a bear with an Orc.

bgiles73
The Shire

Oct 29 2012, 1:52am

Post #8 of 8 (295 views)
Shortcut
A Necromancer figure? [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope we will get a figure of Benedict Cumberpatch as the embodiment of Sauron! I really, really hope that The Bridge Direct will keep going until they produce figures from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy as well. I'll never forgive myself for parting with my old Toy Biz collection Frown It would be nice to atone for that past bad judgement by having a nice 3 3/4" collection, an "Army Worthy of Mordor"! Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.