Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
If you could ask PJ just ONE burning question,
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Elenorflower
Gondor

Oct 15 2012, 4:23pm

Post #1 of 52 (1859 views)
Shortcut
If you could ask PJ just ONE burning question, Can't Post

what would it be?
I would ask him if he ever thinks he will do a sooper dooper EEE version, with ALL the extra footage they never used in the originals due to lack of time etc. I bet PJ has a secret cupboard somewhere he keeps all this interesting stuff I am LONGING to see. Like did he ever film the section from Crickhollow to Bree, and I am thinking Tom Goldberry Barrows et al. I would also love to see the Crystal Caves with Eowyn, and moooooor elves in Rivendell. sigh.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2012, 4:34pm

Post #2 of 52 (752 views)
Shortcut
I thought you would ask him what the heck did he think designing Bolg. // [In reply to] Can't Post

emre43
Lorien

Oct 15 2012, 4:35pm

Post #3 of 52 (739 views)
Shortcut
You have the gift of foresight, tell me what you see? [In reply to] Can't Post

In all seriousness I would ask him why The Hobbit has been stretched to three films despite being such a short book and yet LOTR had so much extra material that wasn't touched and the same amount of films were made.

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Oct 15 2012, 4:42pm

Post #4 of 52 (734 views)
Shortcut
Barrow Downs [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm 99.99999999999% sure nothing related to Tom Bombadil was ever shot or even written into the script. We would have heard of it by now.

There is plenty of stuff we haven't seen though, but most of it has been revealed in various ways like trailers and movie tie in books. Hopefully when the Hobbit movies are done, he'll have some time to get it all together and finally give us something new on a blu-ray release. I'm getting tired of Warner Bros re-releasing LotR on blu-ray over and over with repackaged bonus material. At least we got new material with all three of the dvd releases...

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Oct 15 2012, 4:44pm)

geordie
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2012, 4:54pm

Post #5 of 52 (662 views)
Shortcut
Please! [In reply to] Can't Post

- don't put temptation in my way!

Tongue

Danielos
Rohan

Oct 15 2012, 4:54pm

Post #6 of 52 (755 views)
Shortcut
Deleted for a reason! [In reply to] Can't Post

I suspect the material that are still deleted even after the extended editions are excluded for a reason. They are probably of poor quality and would if included only make the films worse.

It would have been cool to see them in an "Deleted scenes"-section, though...

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2012, 4:57pm

Post #7 of 52 (677 views)
Shortcut
Yes, probably "how are you going to get three films out of Tolkien's novel", or less generally [In reply to] Can't Post

I suppose "how much of the trilogy is going to deal with the Necromancer, and what are the major story beats involved in that side of the films"? That's technically two questions, but whatever. Tongue

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 15 2012, 4:59pm

Post #8 of 52 (674 views)
Shortcut
Do you love the talking purse as much as I do? [In reply to] Can't Post

And do you really appreciate it's wider role in the War of the Ring?

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Oct 15 2012, 5:04pm

Post #9 of 52 (684 views)
Shortcut
The Green Tint [In reply to] Can't Post

I would ask him why there is a blanket Green Tint overlayed onto the entire length of The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition Blu-ray, including the titles, credits and everything in between.

Okay, who didn't see this post coming? Wink

Danielos
Rohan

Oct 15 2012, 5:05pm

Post #10 of 52 (636 views)
Shortcut
Strange [In reply to] Can't Post

I would ask:

How can a project as meticulously planned as The Hobbit suddenly and this late change from a duology to a trilogy? Was the original script 600 pages or something?? Crazy

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Oct 15 2012, 5:16pm

Post #11 of 52 (663 views)
Shortcut
You are so predictable, JWP [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Crunchable Birdses
Rohan

Oct 15 2012, 5:20pm

Post #12 of 52 (643 views)
Shortcut
I'd ask him to reveal his post-ROTK fitness routine [In reply to] Can't Post

That shizzle was tight.

* crunch *

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2012, 5:26pm

Post #13 of 52 (582 views)
Shortcut
I'd ask him a question about the 10 questions. // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 15 2012, 5:31pm

Post #14 of 52 (563 views)
Shortcut
And another question for the other 10 questions? ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Oct 15 2012, 5:35pm

Post #15 of 52 (580 views)
Shortcut
and Peter will squeak back [In reply to] Can't Post

o ere you [to ask such questions]?

and then he'll eat you.

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2012, 5:36pm

Post #16 of 52 (552 views)
Shortcut
It was 20? Oopsy daisy. *embarassed* // [In reply to] Can't Post

Patty
Immortal

Oct 15 2012, 5:55pm

Post #17 of 52 (607 views)
Shortcut
I saw it coming and I applauded it. But I guess even more burning for me is... [In reply to] Can't Post

what was posted earlier--are we ever going to get to see all the deleted scenes? With a request that they be doctored up and a musical score put to them and make them available to insert with seamless branching. Yeah, I know many of them slow down the pace, but since I'm talking about something that I can watch at home with a pause or stop button until I can get back to it, pacing isn't an issue. Just more of Middle-earth, please, all that you've filmed, with music and appropriate cgi.

Incidentally, re: the green tint. I don't care if it is a mistake or not. Can we please just have a version of the EE with the old color? Thanks!

Permanent address: Into the West

Arandir
Gondor

Oct 15 2012, 6:05pm

Post #18 of 52 (543 views)
Shortcut
What on earth happened to Jamie Selkirk? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2012, 6:07pm

Post #19 of 52 (535 views)
Shortcut
Good question indeed! I guess he's taken an extended vacation with Alex Funke somewhere. // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Valandil ed Imladris
Lorien

Oct 15 2012, 6:30pm

Post #20 of 52 (540 views)
Shortcut
I would ask him .. [In reply to] Can't Post

if he would like to adapt the Silmarillion if the rights were available to him.

Danielos
Rohan

Oct 15 2012, 6:46pm

Post #21 of 52 (515 views)
Shortcut
Not Sil AGAIN! [In reply to] Can't Post

Why does this question keep popping up? Have people that ask it never read that book? It would be like asking PJ to make a trilogy of the Bible or the history of the human race!

What could be done, perhaps, is to choose some specific story within Silmarillion and make a trilogy out of it. For example:

* Last Alliance
* Fall of Numenor
' Fall of Gondolin
* Beren and Luthien
* Children of Hurin

Still, I don´t think rigid and stiff elves would charm the casual audience the way hobbits do! These obscure, hardcore fantasy stories would most likely never be the big box office blockbusters LOTR were, and considering the cost to make them, that would make them unlikely.

(This post was edited by Danielos on Oct 15 2012, 6:56pm)

Fardragon
Rohan

Oct 15 2012, 6:49pm

Post #22 of 52 (473 views)
Shortcut
How did he loose so much weight? [In reply to] Can't Post

And would it work for me?

A Far Dragon is the best kind...

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2012, 6:51pm

Post #23 of 52 (468 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. // [In reply to] Can't Post

stoutfiles
Rohan

Oct 15 2012, 6:55pm

Post #24 of 52 (467 views)
Shortcut
Could I please have a million dollars? [In reply to] Can't Post

You have so much money you wouldn't even notice the difference.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 15 2012, 7:06pm

Post #25 of 52 (475 views)
Shortcut
As causes célèbres go, why Damien Echols? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not saying he shouldn't be involved... but of all the other things to throw support behind -- the fight against human trafficking for instance -- what is it about Damien Echols' story (and not the other two) that speaks to you personally?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.