Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Dominic Monaghan takes aim at reality show 'Swamp People'

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Oct 15 2012, 9:25am

Views: 871
Shortcut
Dominic Monaghan takes aim at reality show 'Swamp People' Can't Post

SFGate

Saturday Oct 13, 2012 6:20 PM PT

Lord of the Rings star Dominic Monaghan has vowed to end reality TV shows that feature people who are cruel to reptiles - and he's starting with Swamp People.

The animal lover has blasted the producers of the History Channel show, which features alligator hunters in Louisiana's Atchafalaya River Basin swamp.

The third season of the show debuted in February, and Monaghan can't believe it has lasted that long.

Taking to Twitter.com on Thursday, the actor snaps, "If my hero (Crocodile Hunter star and conservationist) Steve Irwin was around, those shows about killing alligators wouldn't be on TV. I'm gonna (sic) stop them."

Calling Swamp People "death entertainment that continues to demonize reptiles as monsters and animals that are okay to torture and kill", Monaghan adds, "If alligator populations need to be controlled, I understand. But the act should not be glorified on TV. Disgusting."

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Oct 15 2012, 6:07pm)

Subject User Time
Dominic Monaghan takes aim at reality show 'Swamp People' News from Bree Send a private message to News from Bree Oct 15 2012, 9:25am
    Good for him! Go Dom! Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 15 2012, 7:21pm
        Another celeb with a cause....ugh. Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Oct 15 2012, 10:02pm
            Dom's rallying against the inhumane way in which the alligators are treated/killed Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 17 2012, 2:03am
                Obviously we disagree which brings me back to several points: Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Oct 17 2012, 2:20pm
                    Yes, we're going to have to agree to disagree here. Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 17 2012, 3:53pm
                        A gator farm....to what end? Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Oct 17 2012, 5:54pm
                            "Alligators, fish, deer, pheasants, etc. are not people and therein seems to be the difference between us." Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 17 2012, 6:41pm
                            Nature JWPlatt Oct 17 2012, 6:43pm
                    Exploitation JWPlatt Oct 17 2012, 4:25pm
                        Agreed and well said. // Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 17 2012, 6:44pm
                            Education on the topic is key - Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Oct 17 2012, 7:30pm
                                Ignorance Is Bliss JWPlatt Oct 17 2012, 7:42pm
                                    Who determines what is entertainment? Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Oct 17 2012, 8:26pm
                                        Specious JWPlatt Oct 17 2012, 9:08pm
                                            No more than the guys who have always done it before t.v. Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Oct 17 2012, 9:57pm
                                Yes, interesting figures on the practice, however Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 17 2012, 7:59pm
    I think the world would be better served AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Oct 15 2012, 10:20pm
        Amen! // Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Oct 16 2012, 2:09am
        Halleluja! NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Oct 16 2012, 2:41am
    Good for him Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Oct 16 2012, 1:15am
        Agreed Eye's on Guard Send a private message to Eye's on Guard Oct 16 2012, 2:16am
        Richard Bachman JWPlatt Oct 16 2012, 2:29am
        All televisions come with remote controls to turn off or change the channel. Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Oct 16 2012, 2:04pm
            He's off the mark here Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Oct 16 2012, 3:47pm
            The Far Side JWPlatt Oct 16 2012, 4:46pm
                Humans are on top for a reason and can responsibly manage resources. Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Oct 16 2012, 6:36pm
                I once saw a bumper sticker entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 16 2012, 6:43pm
                    That sticker would SELL on Martha's Vineyard! Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 17 2012, 2:19am
                    I saw that one in Estes Park just the other day :-) // Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 19 2012, 7:51pm
                That's funny Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Oct 16 2012, 6:59pm
    Dom has never hesitated from speaking out grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Oct 16 2012, 9:17am
    I think you have to be careful Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Oct 17 2012, 6:19pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.