Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Nothing new, but I have to share (we're simply so close)

Valandil ed Imladris
Lorien

Oct 15 2012, 1:15am

Post #1 of 11 (1608 views)
Shortcut
Nothing new, but I have to share (we're simply so close) Can't Post

Oh my god.
I just rewatched the 1st and 2nd trailer and I can honestly say I have watched them a hundred timed (at least) ......... and I just cried.

When I picture myself in the cinema and the curtains opening .. I picture myself crying... and when I watch TLOTR and scenes like black gate "I never thought I'd die side by side with an elf" - "how about side by side with a friend" I SIMPLY HAVE TO CRY!!!!

This is one of the many reasons why I trust Peter Jackson so bad. He made me realize why this medium is important and such a good way to transport contents. He told me about feminism, love, friendship, war, betrayal, and so on and on.

When I am sitting (THIS YEAR) down, the lights go out and the curtain closes, I WILL BE CRYING and I will be glad that we will have made it this far.

I really have to open a thread. Sorry... but it's unbelievable................ oh my god... I'm speechless. have to watch trailers again! Tongue

(This post was edited by Valandil ed Imladris on Oct 15 2012, 1:17am)

Ring-Bearer
Rivendell

Oct 15 2012, 3:19am

Post #2 of 11 (525 views)
Shortcut
You put it all into words perfectly! [In reply to] Can't Post

Only two more months to the day!!! Smile

'What are we holding on to, Sam?'
'There's good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for!'

'I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!'

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 15 2012, 7:13am

Post #3 of 11 (442 views)
Shortcut
Make sure you take plenty of tissues! [In reply to] Can't Post

Otherwise your water-y eyes will blur your vision of the film. Wink

The build up to these films has been almost identical (for me) to the lead up to the LOTR trilogy. I'm glad I've been able to do it with like minded people! And now we're only 2 months away Shocked.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 15 2012, 9:07am

Post #4 of 11 (393 views)
Shortcut
Thus undoing... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Otherwise your water-y eyes will blur your vision of the film. Wink

... the 48 fps' effect Evil

Valandil ed Imladris
Lorien

Oct 15 2012, 11:47am

Post #5 of 11 (318 views)
Shortcut
I will! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Normally I really don't cry when watching movies (with a few exceptions, namely: LOTR, Forrest Gump, Hachiko), but I'm never embarrassed for my watery eyes when I'm in middle-earth :P

burgahobbit
Rohan

Oct 15 2012, 1:12pm

Post #6 of 11 (311 views)
Shortcut
The death of the talking purse should be a real tearjerker. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

stoutfiles
Rohan

Oct 15 2012, 1:18pm

Post #7 of 11 (327 views)
Shortcut
PJ's good, but not groundbreaking on established themes [In reply to] Can't Post

"This is one of the many reasons why I trust Peter Jackson so bad. He made me realize why this medium is important and such a good way to transport contents. He told me about feminism, love, friendship, war, betrayal, and so on and on."

To be fair, there are many, many other films that cover these themes, probably better when they focus on less of them at once.

On the whole though, PJ did a good job with LOTR and I trust The Hobbit will be good even with the unnecessary characters and scenes. Here's hoping for a film that feels more like the first trailer did, and less like the second.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Oct 15 2012, 1:49pm

Post #8 of 11 (289 views)
Shortcut
I hope I will cry [In reply to] Can't Post

For the same reasons as you do! Wink

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 15 2012, 5:01pm

Post #9 of 11 (261 views)
Shortcut
Oscar worthy, I bet! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be devastated. Maybe I should start mourning already?

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

burgahobbit
Rohan

Oct 15 2012, 6:10pm

Post #10 of 11 (215 views)
Shortcut
Nah! [In reply to] Can't Post

Best wait until you see it on screen. Otherwise it'll lose the dramatic effect!

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Oct 15 2012, 10:20pm

Post #11 of 11 (274 views)
Shortcut
I have the same feeling! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I have to see my tickets to the premiere every day!
I am looking forward to the film so much!
I can't even begin to imagine the feeling I'll have when the lights in the cinema goes out!
When LotR was released I was to small to grasp the whole concept, and my passion for Tolkien grew over time, so watching the Hobbit in cinema will be a total new experience for me than LotR was!

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.