Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Frodo VS Sam

hobbit N.Z

Oct 12 2012, 6:35am

Post #1 of 12 (1579 views)
Shortcut
Frodo VS Sam Can't Post

say Frodo kept the ring halfway to Mordor and turned evil.
Would he..
(a.) Slit Sam's throat in sleep?
(b.) go head on into a fist fight?
(c.) kill with a knife?
or
(d.) choke him?

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 12 2012, 8:02am

Post #2 of 12 (713 views)
Shortcut
That's morbid! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd hope Frodo would still have some humanity inside him. Even if turned "evil", I'd hope he would spare Sam's life. Frown

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Oct 14 2012, 3:50am

Post #3 of 12 (573 views)
Shortcut
I don't know why he would kill Sam... [In reply to] Can't Post

but if Sam tried to stop him I guess he would (b) go head on into a fist fight. If Sam was sleeping as in (a) then Frodo would sneak off, Gollum would attack him, and he would (d) choke Gollum. Retribution.

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 15 2012, 4:05pm

Post #4 of 12 (496 views)
Shortcut
None of the above? [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if he did take the Ring why would he hurt Sam? It seems the person taking the Ring would only hurt someone if that person was trying to take the Ring away from them.

Noel Q. von Schneiffel
Rivendell

Oct 20 2012, 1:16pm

Post #5 of 12 (560 views)
Shortcut
Yes, more probably he would simply enslave Sam. [In reply to] Can't Post

He would probably tie Sam up with the Elvish rope and make him carry both their backpacks. He would, after all, still need a servant for his way to Mordor, where he would then overthrow Sauron and set himself up as the new Dark Lord.

Sam wouldn't be able to escape or resist, precisely because of being too tired after having been forced to carry two backpacks all day long. What a devious plan.

The Glorious Truth of J.R.R. Tolkien
Radiates from his Holy Writings

http://www.tolkientruth.info/

Durin's Folk
The Shire

Oct 23 2012, 3:04pm

Post #6 of 12 (341 views)
Shortcut
Now I've been thinking about this... [In reply to] Can't Post

Imagine this for a second. Frodo and Sam are back in the Shire after their long journey and are getting wasted. Frodo is missing a finger and in the beat of the moment spills his beer all over Sam. Sam is complitely wasted and frustrated that he still hasn't been able to bang the barmaid and Frodo spilling his beer on him in front of everybody is just too much.

So who do you think would win this battle?

"But a small dark figure that none had observed sprang out of the shadows and gave a hoarse shout: 'Baruk Khazd! Khazd ai-mnu!' An axe swung and swept back. Two Orcs fell headless. The rest fled."

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Oct 23 2012, 4:16pm

Post #7 of 12 (641 views)
Shortcut
And here I was... [In reply to] Can't Post

thinking this thread couldn't go any lower. UnsureCrazy

RhodeCamelot
The Shire

Oct 27 2012, 12:00pm

Post #8 of 12 (395 views)
Shortcut
i think i see where this might come from...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Remember towards the end of ROTK(movie) frodo was like, "the ring is mine" and the slips it on, vanishes and fights with gollum who ofc was pretty desperate to claim back his precious. In the end, both fall off the cliff(?) and frodo was saved by sam while gollum & the one ring fall to their deaths-- pure chance there i would say!Shocked

Also, i have to reeeeally hand it to sam for being such an awesome friend; frodo had ditched him on their way to mt. doom yet he continued following him bcos he knew gollum was a big threat and ended up saving frodo from shelob. /standing ovation/ :'>

#dftba

flameofudun
Lorien

Nov 8 2012, 11:33pm

Post #9 of 12 (444 views)
Shortcut
Sam would win! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sam would win! Sam took on a giant spider and frodo couldn't!

BeornBerserker
Lorien

Nov 20 2012, 2:11pm

Post #10 of 12 (305 views)
Shortcut
Sam prevails [In reply to] Can't Post

ThorinII
The Shire

Dec 10 2012, 12:47pm

Post #11 of 12 (808 views)
Shortcut
Sam [In reply to] Can't Post

"Loyalty. Honor. A willing heart. I can ask no more than that."

Cuwen Maegmacil
Rivendell

Jun 3 2013, 8:10pm

Post #12 of 12 (401 views)
Shortcut
Frodo would... [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably charge into a fist fight that would end up with Sam getting his throat slit, because he couldn't bear to hurt his friend!ShockedUnsureSmile

I love situations like this! They're so sad and dramatic, and yet work so wonderfully! (Evil laugh)WinkTongue

"The Ring is Mine!" ~ Frodo Baggins

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.