Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
PLEASE HELP ......Someone has to know......

Oct 14 2012, 12:09am

Post #1 of 5 (470 views)
PLEASE HELP ......Someone has to know...... Can't Post

HELP! A few weeks ago I was cleaning out my momís house before it sells and came across 7 really neat Lithograph Drawings by an Artist named Susan Greenwood Sweeton aka Lindsey from 1973. Are the drawings collectable they also came with some additional materials?? Iíve only seen 2 on the net after a long search, this is the complete set and they are in mint condition. Iím wondering if anyone knows the value of these. Iím not very familiar with anything related to LOTRs or the Hobbit, so Iím helping someone here can help. Iíve taken photos of the drawings and loaded them to photobucket - The link is below, please forward this on to anyone you know that might have an idea of what these areÖThanks

also please feel free to email me at;

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Oct 14 2012, 1:45am)

Oct 14 2012, 12:28am

Post #2 of 5 (176 views)
is the link working ??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm new to this so would anyone let me know if I copied the link right and you can see the photos?? Thanks...

Oct 14 2012, 12:39am

Post #3 of 5 (209 views)
It's working [In reply to] Can't Post

I took a look at the images but I can't help you any.

I think there were a lot of people doing illustrations from Tolkien's work. I found an artist's proof by Holley Chirot of Durthang and the Isenmouthe.

I can't find much about the artist and found only one other example of a Tolkien illustration by her up for auction est. to go for 20-40 dollars.

In casual conversation here on the boards, I'm not sure anyone will have enough knowledge to help you. You may need to consult an auction house to see if you can capitalize on buzz from the upcoming movies.

But, someone may surprise me with just the info you need.

Good luck.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Oct 14 2012, 12:46am

Post #4 of 5 (229 views)
contact the artist via her website? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure you found this site: http://www.susangreenwoodlindsaydesign.com/

Although I can't find it on the home page of that site, the google preview reads: S.G. Lindsay aka S.G. Sweeton

It looks like these illustrations were used for (at least) notepads and tshirts.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Oct 14 2012, 1:38am

Post #5 of 5 (538 views)
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info, I'll keep everyone posted if I find anything out. I'm thinking about contacting an auction house in the mid-west. Thanks

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.