Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
R/B Return of the King

elevorn
Lorien

Oct 11 2012, 8:06pm

Views: 691
Shortcut
R/B Return of the King Can't Post

Okay so as I was home nursing myself back to health yesterday I stumbled across the fuill version of R/B's animated "Return of the King" I watched it waiting to be horrified and at the same time found that it had a quaint charm to it. the characterizations of the Hobbits made the whole story of LOTR a little bit more Hobbity if you will. Yes it lack some major plot points of the story and the animation is typical Rankin/Bass production. but overall, I could no longer be mortified of the cartoon. I was wondering if some of you would weigh in with your thoughts on this old cartoon. I'll bring more in later as work is almost finished and I need a chair and a nap (chair is coming on saturday so the couch will have to do Wink)

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

Subject User Time
R/B Return of the King elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Oct 11 2012, 8:06pm
    I liked! Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Oct 12 2012, 6:54am
    I used to like it when I was younger. Mooseboy018 Send a private message to Mooseboy018 Oct 12 2012, 3:27pm
    Everyone, proceed to pelt me with vegetables in the stocks, but I hated it Radagast-Aiwendil Send a private message to Radagast-Aiwendil Oct 13 2012, 8:14pm
        The artwork was good, the adaptation was poor. guitarzankansasfan Send a private message to guitarzankansasfan Oct 14 2012, 5:23am
    "quaint charm" describes it perfectly, IMO. Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 15 2012, 7:11pm
    Good / Bad Malveth Send a private message to Malveth Oct 16 2012, 2:16am
        Ha ha I love the music! aruman Send a private message to aruman Oct 16 2012, 2:23am
            Songs Malveth Send a private message to Malveth Oct 16 2012, 3:21am
                Correction... Malveth Send a private message to Malveth Oct 16 2012, 3:36am
                    You know... aruman Send a private message to aruman Oct 21 2012, 5:19pm
                Ahhhh! aruman Send a private message to aruman Oct 16 2012, 8:08am
                    Brevity... Malveth Send a private message to Malveth Oct 16 2012, 12:48pm
    I like them, and it sounds like the only complaints... aruman Send a private message to aruman Oct 16 2012, 2:25am
        Well, there has been some discussion of character design... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Oct 16 2012, 8:34pm
            I thought the feline features Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Oct 17 2012, 4:36am
            I loved Smaug! aruman Send a private message to aruman Oct 20 2012, 6:51pm
                I (mostly) did like Smaug's design... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Oct 21 2012, 12:20pm
    You know gang...(my biggest complaints about R/B ROTK) aruman Send a private message to aruman Oct 16 2012, 8:21am
    How have we not mentioned Gollum? aruman Send a private message to aruman Oct 20 2012, 6:54pm
        His design may be odd Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Oct 21 2012, 2:31pm
            Agreed! aruman Send a private message to aruman Oct 21 2012, 5:14pm
                Gollum? Malveth Send a private message to Malveth Oct 21 2012, 5:27pm
    Last Unicorn anyone? aruman Send a private message to aruman Oct 20 2012, 6:55pm
    Last complain (I promise)- Hobbits evolving into humans! aruman Send a private message to aruman Oct 20 2012, 7:05pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.