Other
View Results (66 votes)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 16 2012, 2:38am

Post #51 of 59 (460 views)
Shortcut
psst kitty [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't find an answer key to the (2011) game... and I agree, that's a cute picture of Magpie.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 16 2012, 2:42am

Post #52 of 59 (392 views)
Shortcut
Quite... [In reply to] Can't Post

(See, I derail my own threads too.)

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Oct 16 2012, 2:44am

Post #53 of 59 (451 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, unfortunately [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the game that year ran foul of one of my illness attacks Frown

The baby one of you isn't too bad on the cute scale either WinkLaugh

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 16 2012, 3:10am

Post #54 of 59 (425 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Kel [In reply to] Can't Post

That picture looks ancient because, well, it is... but also because it was printed by me about 20 years ago in a black & white darkroom, from a 20 year old (at the time) 126 colour negative. (ETA: I actually dodged out the shadow of the picture taker -- which you can still sort of see -- with my hand during the print exposure lol.)

The b&w image of you in the 2011 thread is all kinds of cute as well.

Heart

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Oct 16 2012, 3:18am)

sador
Half-elven

Oct 16 2012, 12:38pm

Post #55 of 59 (424 views)
Shortcut
But it probably applies to me far more than either of the others. // [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 16 2012, 6:32pm

Post #56 of 59 (508 views)
Shortcut
Aw Sador, I have great difficulty believing that... [In reply to] Can't Post

perhaps not so much based on the origins of the term, but definitely based on its current usage.

And isn't that what this thread is really about? The current usage of terms? It's cool to be a geek, and to a lesser extent, a nerd (depending on inflection) right now. And many of us can honestly say that "we were geeks before it was cool" -- which makes us hipsters I guess Laugh

imin
Valinor

Oct 23 2012, 11:41pm

Post #57 of 59 (689 views)
Shortcut
Geek but not that much [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it depends who you are with. At high school compared to some i was geeky, not at uni i am not geeky at all even though i havent changed the level of studying i do etc.

At heart i think i am a geek and i genuinely dont care, lol.

DraugEilianiel

Dec 8 2012, 5:49pm

Post #58 of 59 (430 views)
Shortcut
It doesn't really matter to me.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Based on my memories of childhood (early 90s), at least in my area:

Geek and nerd were used more or less synonymously, but the latter was more common. Common 'preference' of geek evolved because the word nerd hit too close to home, in my opinion. Now that it's actually starting to be cool to be geeky, I am hearing more actual profanity or body-related criticisms coming from children who wish to insult each other. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Aethelwyne Bolger
Bree

Feb 13 2013, 2:28am

Post #59 of 59 (336 views)
Shortcut
I guess I'm a Geek [In reply to] Can't Post

In the 80's, I called myself a nerd once, and the mean girls looked down their noses at me and said, no, nerds were cool and there was nothing cool about me. They told me I was nothing but a huge geekUnsure
So I guess I'm a geek, but I need to find a nice way to look at it, not as a self-put-down.
Note: the mean girls tried to dress "nerd chic" by wearing big clown like shoes and high waisted pants and suspenders and ties and fake broken glasses. I just thought they looked goofy!
I preferred my true friends: the band and drama geeks, heavy metal loving, blue jean wearing, some of them rebellious tough attitude in leather and smoking cigarettes...but gentle and kind to all, tough kid or weirdo like me, once you got to know them.Heart

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.