Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I Sold My Book After All!!

Malveth
Rivendell

Oct 6 2012, 1:42am

Views: 369
Shortcut
I Sold My Book After All!! Can't Post

Some of you might remember the trials and travails of my novel "Carrot Field" (think The Wind In The Willows meets The Lord of the Rings with a touch of Philip Pullman) which I've been working on for nearly 20 years and has had all sorts of misadventures in the publishing world. Last year my agent took it to the market again, and although many editors tried to acquire it, the publishers all got cold feet and it remained unsold.

Well, my agent's diligence finally paid off: a small publisher has acquired the book!! They really seem to understand and appreciate the quality of CF and the mountains of work that have gone into it and they also understand its potential.

If anyone wants more info, PM me. But I just thought I'd share the good news.

(This post was edited by Malveth on Oct 6 2012, 1:43am)

Subject User Time
I Sold My Book After All!! Malveth Send a private message to Malveth Oct 6 2012, 1:42am
    Any links Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Oct 6 2012, 1:46am
        Unfortunately... Malveth Send a private message to Malveth Oct 6 2012, 2:35am
            Congratulations! Yes, I'd love to know when it's available. Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Oct 6 2012, 3:32am
    Congratulations! Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Oct 6 2012, 2:14am
    Congratulations to you! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Oct 6 2012, 2:29pm
        Thanks! Malveth Send a private message to Malveth Oct 6 2012, 11:43pm
            Well done! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Oct 7 2012, 8:50pm
    Congratulations!! Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Oct 7 2012, 12:35pm
    Oh Well Done! Congratulations :D // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Oct 7 2012, 1:04pm
    Excellent news, Malveth Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Oct 7 2012, 4:00pm
    Congratulations! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Oct 7 2012, 7:23pm
    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! // kareniel Send a private message to kareniel Oct 8 2012, 1:19am
    Very hearty congratulations! Laitholiel_the_SeaElf Send a private message to Laitholiel_the_SeaElf Oct 8 2012, 1:31am
    Congratulations, Malveth! / Kimi Send a private message to Kimi Oct 8 2012, 4:15am
    Congrats! shirehobbit Send a private message to shirehobbit Oct 8 2012, 9:55pm
    Congratulations!! // Luthien Rising Send a private message to Luthien Rising Oct 9 2012, 12:08am
    Belated congratulations! weaver Send a private message to weaver Oct 9 2012, 4:24am
        Thanks all :) Malveth Send a private message to Malveth Oct 10 2012, 3:11am
            Woohoo! T_Meyers Send a private message to T_Meyers Oct 11 2012, 3:04am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.