Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*unlocks doors* It's time for Friday Fiesta! :D
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 4:00pm

Post #1 of 85 (1120 views)
Shortcut
*unlocks doors* It's time for Friday Fiesta! :D Can't Post

Hey, everyone!

I'm subbing today; so, as always, feel free to choose your food/drink/music/etc., and tell us about your past week and/or upcoming weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 5 2012, 4:09pm

Post #2 of 85 (829 views)
Shortcut
Happy Friday & weekend Eventides (and to everyone else as well!) [In reply to] Can't Post

I've had a fairly uneventful week, apart from my work computer dieing on me! Wink My weekend seems to be booked up of driving family around various parts of the country - how come they all decide to do something in the same weekend? I've got the short straw of being the taxi!Shocked

In more exciting news, immortality is nearly upon me! I have a very special and exciting announcement to make when I reach it! Laugh Exciting for me, anyway. Sadly, it doesn't involve The Hobbit, or Tolkien.

What plans do you have have Eventides?

Have a great weekend everyone. Smile

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Oct 5 2012, 4:10pm)

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 4:14pm

Post #3 of 85 (828 views)
Shortcut
Greetings and felicitations [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay, that's Star Trek, not LotR, but it reminds me of the dwarves arriving on Bilbo's doorstep.

I'll take a quick shot of miruvor, please, Evey. It's been a rough week---a very dear friend of ours had a stroke last Sunday, and this was just a couple of weeks after his wife (also a dear friend, of course) had to have emergency surgery. She's hanging in there and he's doing amazingly well, considering, but it's still been horribly stressful for them. We're trying to do what we can to help.

We're anticipating a cold, rainy, cloudy front tomorrow which will drop the temperature here in North Texas by 30 degrees or so, from the 80s to the 50s. I just plugged in our electric fire, which hasn't been on since March, so it will be ready to go. It's just mock logs and a light, it doesn't actually throw off heat, but it makes the fireplace look pretty and homey without the mess of a real fire.

We're hoping for a quiet weekend before we get busy next week.

*stuffs tip jar with a shiny orange pumpkin and thanks for our lovely substitute barkeep*

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 4:14pm

Post #4 of 85 (749 views)
Shortcut
It must be fall here [In reply to] Can't Post

because the guy at my regular coffee place has my order memorized now. It's getting cold out and my body wants to nest.

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 4:17pm

Post #5 of 85 (785 views)
Shortcut
Hi DanielLB! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ack, not the computer! Glad you were able to get to Fiesta, though. :)

As for me, I don't really have much planned now that Doctor Who is done until Christmas, LOL-- I'll probably work on my website a bit. :)

*gets drink-of-choice* Hope you have a great (even if driving-filled ;D ) weekend!

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 4:17pm

Post #6 of 85 (779 views)
Shortcut
May your computer reach immortality, too [In reply to] Can't Post

Enjoy your weekend with your family---I hope you have lovely landscapes to cross, not busy freeways Tongue

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 4:18pm

Post #7 of 85 (823 views)
Shortcut
Coffee is especially good in chilly weather! [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't yet had a Pumpkin Spice Latte, but it's on my agenda.

Have a nice weekend!

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 5 2012, 4:21pm

Post #8 of 85 (762 views)
Shortcut
It's the best time of year! [In reply to] Can't Post

The night's are drawing in, and there is frost on the grass in the morning. I Heart autumn and winter!

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 5 2012, 4:22pm

Post #9 of 85 (723 views)
Shortcut
The series went so quick, didn't it. [In reply to] Can't Post

I might catch up on some classic Doctor Who in the long wait. I always buy them on DVD but never watch them, so they've been on my list of things to watch for a long time.

Have a great weekend Eventides. Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 5 2012, 4:23pm

Post #10 of 85 (772 views)
Shortcut
Hiya, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

How's the weather in your area - and the trees? It is becoming sooo colorful here! This time of year is a "feast for the eyes".

I'll have just tea, please, with honey. My co-workers are all sniffling and coughing! Three-day weekend coming up (Columbus Day), so hopefully everyone will get plenty of rest.

Strange to be celebrating a guy for "discovering" a place which the natives already knew was here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 5 2012, 4:24pm

Post #11 of 85 (728 views)
Shortcut
I'm afraid it's busy roads all the way [In reply to] Can't Post

No stunning landscape Frown.

I'm sorry to hear about your friends - I hope they both make a speedy and full recovery.

Have a lovely weekend, Lily. Smile

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 4:25pm

Post #12 of 85 (738 views)
Shortcut
Wow... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll send some thoughts and prayers for your friends, Lily!

*gets Miruvor*

Thanks for the tip :) , and I hope you have a good weekend!

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 5 2012, 4:27pm

Post #13 of 85 (783 views)
Shortcut
You need a bumper sticker [In reply to] Can't Post

proclaiming your pre-occupation as "Taxi Driver"! Laugh Wishing you safe travels!

Immortal, eh? You do know, that you'll be only the third member to achieve that status! Shocked

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 5 2012, 4:31pm

Post #14 of 85 (776 views)
Shortcut
Oh, no! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope your friends are able to be together someplace - hospital, nursing home, wherever they'll be able to recover together!

And keep warm! Smile

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 4:32pm

Post #15 of 85 (703 views)
Shortcut
LOL. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep, it's starting to get chilly now. :)

*gets coffee drink of choice*

Hope you have a great weekend, Arwen's daughter! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 5 2012, 4:34pm

Post #16 of 85 (724 views)
Shortcut
Just make sure [In reply to] Can't Post

to warn him, as soon as you walk in the door, if you plan to change your order! Wink

So, what is your regular order?

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 4:35pm

Post #17 of 85 (756 views)
Shortcut
Hey, dernwyn! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's getting a bit chilly now, and yep, our trees are starting to turn colors, too. :)

*gets tea and honey*

LOL on Columbus Day :D -- and I hope you have a great weekend! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 5 2012, 4:38pm

Post #18 of 85 (733 views)
Shortcut
It's crazy isn't it?! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just can't stay away from this place. Cool There's no stopping me!

Have a great weekend dernwyn Smile

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 4:39pm

Post #19 of 85 (734 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, it did go a bit fast. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah, classic Who! Ever since I got into the new series, I've always been meaning to watch some of the older stuff, too-- Tom Baker's era (plus possibly some of Peter Davison's era) in particular. I'll get around to it eventually... :)

Thanks, and again, I hope you have a great weekend, too! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

ShyElf
Lorien

Oct 5 2012, 4:46pm

Post #20 of 85 (756 views)
Shortcut
It's been so long since I've made it to a fiesta! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hooray! I'll have tea please!

I haven't been at the computer during a Friday Fiesta for I can't remember how long.

Looking forward to our Thanksgiving weekend. I like turkey (with all the fixings!) - but I think I love the leftovers best. It will just be the three of us this year, so we've got a very small turkey - but there will be enough for some yummy Turkey sandwiches and some wonderful Turkey-bone soup. Yum!

It's going to be a chilly weekend up here in the great white north - but that's OK. I hope to be able to help Mr. ShyElf with some raking and light yard work.

Cheers!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 5 2012, 4:47pm

Post #21 of 85 (847 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

My daughter, 2 g'sons and I are driving to Lake Michigan to enjoy a brisk, windy day at Pentwater, Michigan... just over 2 hrs away. I go every October when the tourists are gone, the wind is fast enough to make 3-6 ft waves, the trees are in full colour, and hot chocolate is the drink of the day! Winter coats are a must and a bag for collecting shells, feather and pebbles.

It's soul-refreshing and the place I think about whenever Legolas talks about the sea. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! Thanks so much for taking care of us, Evey! I'll just snag a quick hot chocolate to prep me for tomorrow ;)

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

ShyElf
Lorien

Oct 5 2012, 4:49pm

Post #22 of 85 (727 views)
Shortcut
Oh! That sounds wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a great time!!!!

Cheers!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 5 2012, 4:57pm

Post #23 of 85 (762 views)
Shortcut
That sounds glorious, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a lovely time. Smile

I used to live by the sea, and miss it greatly now. I'll never forget the evening I went for a walk along the beach knee deep in snow. The snow was right up to the sea, and there wasn't a sole in site. It was very surreal, especially as this was in the UK!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 5:03pm

Post #24 of 85 (714 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

And enjoy your weekend despite the busy roads. Smile

ShyElf
Lorien

Oct 5 2012, 5:04pm

Post #25 of 85 (771 views)
Shortcut
It did go fast! [In reply to] Can't Post

We got a new fangled PVR just before the series started, so I recorded each episode. Then, the *&(@# cable company did something (still don't know what) and erased all my recordings! Mad

Oh well - we did record the last one (ShyElf The Younger and I both cried!) and I'm sure we'll be able to find the other episodes to watch them again (and again).

But - you know, that's a good idea. Some classic Doctor Who episodes....hmmm, might be just what The Doctor ordered!

Cheers!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.