Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
It's that time of year again

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Sep 30 2012, 1:33pm

Views: 341
Shortcut
It's that time of year again Can't Post

when I bring you a birthday mathom. As usual, it's not much, but I figured I'd share one of the presents I got: a stick dulcimer My playing is pretty amateur, but that's the whole point of a stick dulcimer, that they make beginners sound good. I learned the tune from Bob McNally. I feel a little guilty that I didn't buy one of his instruments, but the competitor undercut him by a rather huge margin (without outsourcing; the Rock-it Stick is advertised as made in the USA).

Edit: While I'm on the subject of huge margins, I also found this little guitar at Goodwill for $7 and strung it with three banjo strings :-D

After church we're off to see the aspens. So I guess I'll also share, from a previous year, some of my photos of Lothlorien

By the way, this year is kind of special because my age is the last two digits of the year I was born. I'm not sure if there's a name for that, but there should be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Sep 30 2012, 1:40pm)

Subject User Time
It's that time of year again Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 30 2012, 1:33pm
    Happy birthday my birthday peep. :-) Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 30 2012, 1:36pm
        Roses are red, violets are blue Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 30 2012, 1:41pm
    Happy Birthday, Aunt Dora! Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Sep 30 2012, 1:56pm
    Happy Birthday Aunt Dora Baggins! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 30 2012, 2:06pm
    A happy, happy birthday! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Sep 30 2012, 2:26pm
    Many happy returns of your birthday, Aunt Dora! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Sep 30 2012, 11:39pm
        Ha! The black keys, yes! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Oct 1 2012, 1:42am
        Bonnie Doon Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 1 2012, 9:33pm
    I wondered if that tune was Mairi's Wedding Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 30 2012, 11:46pm
        My school string group did a version Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Oct 1 2012, 1:06am
        We used to dance Mairi's Wedding. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 1 2012, 11:22am
            were they RSCDS? Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 1 2012, 2:00pm
                No, they were an international group. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 1 2012, 3:07pm
    To another very caring person Happy Birthday Aunt Dora! silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 1 2012, 12:50am
    Happy, Happy Birthday! And here is *your* cake! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Oct 1 2012, 1:14am
        How nice! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 1 2012, 11:25am
    Music and nature, that's you! weaver Send a private message to weaver Oct 1 2012, 2:51am
    Happy Birthday Auntie D! Kelvarhin Send a private message to Kelvarhin Oct 1 2012, 5:13am
    Happy Birthday Aunt Dora :D have a wonderful time, and thanks for sharing that stuff with us! // Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Oct 1 2012, 8:51am
    Happy birthday, Aunt D! Kimi Send a private message to Kimi Oct 1 2012, 8:57am
    Happy Birthday Aunt Dora, musician extraordinaire./ Patty Send a private message to Patty Oct 1 2012, 1:34pm
    Happy birthday Aunt Dora and Magpie! // macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Oct 1 2012, 2:15pm
    Thank you for sharing the photos SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Oct 1 2012, 3:59pm
    Thanks, everybody, for your warm wishes. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 1 2012, 5:28pm
        Well..... silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 2 2012, 1:17am
    *applause* Happy Birthday Auntie!! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Oct 2 2012, 2:33am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.