Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Opens Fiesta bar doors wide* - Hurry in! It's Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:01pm

Post #1 of 61 (527 views)
Shortcut
*Opens Fiesta bar doors wide* - Hurry in! It's Fiesta Friday! Can't Post

How about that! It's Friday (or Saturday where you might be) and we all made it through another week in one piece! Temperatures are getting civilized again here in Colorado, and our state is living up to it's nickname 'Colorful Colorado' with all the leaves changing colors. Brilliant time of year. Smile

Anyway.... come on in and join us with a little chit-chat and catching up with each other. The bar and buffet are well-stocked, as usual, so dive in!

*kicks juke box* - "Friday, I'm in Love" by The Cure starts to play

Happy, fun weekend, everyone!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 28 2012, 4:08pm

Post #2 of 61 (318 views)
Shortcut
Nobody get too close! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm ill. Frown

Haven't been right since I came back from my first aid course last weekend. Must've caught something then. Though, to be honest, it's more of a case of "man flu" than actually being really ill Wink. Still, there's nothing worse than being bunged up.

I'll be feeling sorry for myself for the rest of the weekend, so feel free to pass lots of treats my way. Wink

Have a great weekend everyone!

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:09pm

Post #3 of 61 (278 views)
Shortcut
Dare I even ask? [In reply to] Can't Post

What is 'man flu'?

Whatever it is, I hope you get over it soon, and get lot's of sympathy until you do. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 28 2012, 4:10pm

Post #4 of 61 (257 views)
Shortcut
Happy weekend, everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's supposed to rain here this weekend, and cool back down to seasonal (which are still pretty warm) temperatures. The Gaffer and I looking forward to a peaceful weekend at home with rain pattering on the roof and a pot of coffee keeping warm in the kitchen.

Ah, fall colors! Usually it's November before we get any here, and that depends on whether there have been any freezes. Even then, our trees are lacking the shades of red. But we're planning a trip to Virginia over Halloween, where the trees can be spectacular.

Fall is my favorite season. Smile Heart Evil

I'll grab my usual frappuccino and get back to work, thanks Altaira.

*stuffs tip jar with late-blooming purslane, cosmos, and periwinkles---the flowers ranged along the front of our house*

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 28 2012, 4:12pm

Post #5 of 61 (271 views)
Shortcut
Awww, I'm sorry! [In reply to] Can't Post

Would some virtual chocolate-chip cookies (or biscuits, in your part of the world) make you feel better? My sons and grandkids love them, so they must be pretty good.

Take care of yourself!

*pats DLB on the head and hands over cookies*

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 28 2012, 4:13pm

Post #6 of 61 (250 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps it's only a British thing [In reply to] Can't Post

"Man flu" refers to how men tend to exaggerate how bad their cold/flu is, in the hope of getting plenty of sympathy. Wink

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Sep 28 2012, 4:19pm

Post #7 of 61 (274 views)
Shortcut
I might need to buy a long-sleeved jogging shirt soon [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so much nicer to run in this weather compared to the 100+ degree heat I was running in this summer, but the sidewalks are so much more crowded.

I haven't decided whether to take it easy this weekend or have myself a little shopping spree. A friend and I had arranged to shop together as we both need fall clothes, but her work schedule changed and we had to take a rain-check. I think I'll wait and see how the weather looks.

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 28 2012, 4:19pm

Post #8 of 61 (239 views)
Shortcut
They'll do very nicely! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Lily, Cool

I love Fall/Autumn too. Mainly because Winter is creeping closer! Have a great relaxing weekend. Smile

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:20pm

Post #9 of 61 (234 views)
Shortcut
Same to you, Lily! [In reply to] Can't Post

We just got over a few days of intermittent hard rain. Unusual for Colorado, but it's so good for the grass and plants about to go into dormancy for the winter. Sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned. Enjoy! Smile

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Sep 28 2012, 4:22pm

Post #10 of 61 (298 views)
Shortcut
I hope you have plenty of hot soup on hand [In reply to] Can't Post

and that you get over your man-cold soon! Should we sign a collective Get Well Soon card to send along?

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Post #11 of 61 (285 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like a great excuse for a shopping-spree to me [In reply to] Can't Post

..or at least a mini one. Laugh

Kudos for keeping your running going in 100 degree weather. I can hardly make it to the mailbox and back in weather like that, lol.

Happy weekend, whatever you decide to do!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Post #12 of 61 (270 views)
Shortcut
You were running in heat like that? [In reply to] Can't Post

My goodness, I'm impressed. I can hardly walk out to the mailbox in that sort of heat.

It's much more fun to shop for clothes with a friend, IMHO. There's something you can look forward to.

Have a good weekend!

Edit: I see Altaira and I had the same thought regarding that heat. Great minds, etc. Cool

(This post was edited by Lily Fairbairn on Sep 28 2012, 4:23pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:23pm

Post #13 of 61 (265 views)
Shortcut
Some hot coffee would be nice [In reply to] Can't Post

with a bit of hot cocoa mixed in! Smile It's a pleasantly rainy day in this corner of the Northeast.

Our trees and bushes started to display their Fall colors about a week ago. It's always fascinating to watch as they morph from leaf-tip to trunk. They say the colors here should be vibrant this year!

IMHO, this really is the best time of year to take walks in the woods! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:23pm

Post #14 of 61 (235 views)
Shortcut
Hey, I know what that is [In reply to] Can't Post

BG gets it sometimes. I still hope you get lots of sympathy. He does (even though most of the time I'm on to him Wink Shhhhh).

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 28 2012, 4:24pm

Post #15 of 61 (240 views)
Shortcut
Oooh, a walk in the woods! [In reply to] Can't Post

And coffee and cocoa blended together. Are you ever singing my song!

Have a great weekend, m'dear.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 28 2012, 4:27pm

Post #16 of 61 (283 views)
Shortcut
*Hurries in* :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, the thing I'm most looking forward to, and yet simultaneously kinda *not* looking forward to, this weekend is of course the mid-season finale of Doctor Who :) -- it being both a fantastic-looking episode with the Weeping Angels in New York, but also the final episode with Amy and Rory. So definitely some mixed feelings there, but I'm sure it'll be great no matter what!

I'll have a Fall Usual, please, Altaira... thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:27pm

Post #17 of 61 (244 views)
Shortcut
No not quite - It actually refers [In reply to] Can't Post

to a highly aggressive and debilitive strain of flu, that only effects men, thus them needing the sympathy Wink

" So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:28pm

Post #18 of 61 (260 views)
Shortcut
*signs virtual get-well card* [In reply to] Can't Post

Good idea - is there any way we could send Daniel some hot soup with this cart? Wink

(Feel better soon, Daniel!)

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:30pm

Post #19 of 61 (258 views)
Shortcut
Beer and a boat please [In reply to] Can't Post

Beer because its friday

Boat because its just started raining again Mad We've had an astonishing amount of rain this week with some roads flooded (though still not as bad as some places )

Good weekend all

" So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:31pm

Post #20 of 61 (241 views)
Shortcut
And there's nothing like [In reply to] Can't Post

combining that with the patter of raindrops, and maybe some cookies or bread baking in the oven! Smile

A trip to Virginia? Williamsburg area?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:32pm

Post #21 of 61 (228 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a great weekend - and remember, you can always re-watch the Dr. Who episodes! Wink

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:33pm

Post #22 of 61 (275 views)
Shortcut
Walks in the woods [In reply to] Can't Post

are definitely a treat this time of year. As long as the leaves aren't dripping on your head! Lol. Laugh

Enjoy the weekend, dernwyn!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 28 2012, 4:35pm

Post #23 of 61 (231 views)
Shortcut
You're in Wales. [In reply to] Can't Post

There's any other kind of weather there? Wink

That's one of the great lines from The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain: "What happened to the flagpole?" "Dry rot." "Dry rot? In Wales?"

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Post #24 of 61 (243 views)
Shortcut
Why yes---what a lucky guess :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

The Gaffer and I love Colonial Williamsburg and try to get there every couple of years. This time I won't be doing any research, though, just enjoying. Smile

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Post #25 of 61 (243 views)
Shortcut
Hello, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

*mixes nice, hot chocolate with plenty of miruvor*

Have fun watching the Dr, and whatever else you do this weekend!Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.