The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
World Fantasy Convention

Aragorn'sSexyScar
Rohan

Oct 31 2007, 7:48pm

Post #1 of 6 (1190 views)
Shortcut
World Fantasy Convention Can't Post

Will anyone here on TORn be going to the WFC in Saratoga Springs, N.Y?

Scott Lynch's 'The Lies Of Locke Lamora' is nominated for Book Of The Year and the man himself may read two excerpts from his third, and highly anticipated, 'Gentleman Bastards' novel 'The Republic Of Thieves.I'd love to be in the audience for that!

'The Lies Of Locke Lamora and its sequel 'Red Seas Under Red Skies' are my two favourite books of 2007.I hope Scott winsCool

weaver
Half-elven

Oct 31 2007, 8:06pm

Post #2 of 6 (862 views)
Shortcut
Dates? [In reply to] Can't Post

And you might have a better response to this if you post it on TORN Moots...

Do you have a link to a site on this?

Weaver

Aragorn'sSexyScar
Rohan

Nov 1 2007, 6:04am

Post #3 of 6 (846 views)
Shortcut
The Convention [In reply to] Can't Post

The WFC takes place from Nov. 1-4th.Scott Lynch will give a reading tomorrow at 4:30pm.

Aragorn'sSexyScar
Rohan

Nov 1 2007, 6:11am

Post #4 of 6 (843 views)
Shortcut
Here's a link [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.worldfantasy.org/awards/

weaver
Half-elven

Nov 1 2007, 9:38pm

Post #5 of 6 (860 views)
Shortcut
thanks... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been out of the "con" scene for awhile, but since I actually could get to Saratoga Springs, I thought it wouldn't hurt to find out more on this one.

If you go or talk to some who do, please share a report if you like -- I checked out the program and there were lots of good authors represented and the one Tolkien session I spotted looked intriguing!

Weaver

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Nov 27 2007, 5:37pm

Post #6 of 6 (1076 views)
Shortcut
I would enjoy such an event [In reply to] Can't Post

Scott Lynch is an up-and-comer for certain and I generally look geek gatherings. Sadly I will not be attending.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.