Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Will there be one more trailer before December 14th?

Morok Cloudkeeper
Rohan

Sep 22 2012, 7:19pm

Post #1 of 25 (1334 views)
Shortcut
Will there be one more trailer before December 14th? Can't Post

I'd hate this to be the last one before the release of the movie. Frown I remember that there were several for FOTR before it was released.

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.

Elutherian
Rohan

Sep 22 2012, 7:20pm

Post #2 of 25 (579 views)
Shortcut
There will be TV spots.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I don't think there'll be another theatrical trailer.

The Grey Pilgrim, they once called me. Three hundred lives of men I walked this earth, and now I have no time...

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Sep 22 2012, 7:23pm

Post #3 of 25 (520 views)
Shortcut
Hope so! {NT} [In reply to] Can't Post

Ardamírë
Valinor

Sep 22 2012, 7:29pm

Post #4 of 25 (569 views)
Shortcut
I think there will be [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably about a month before, so sometime in November.

Promotion is starting to heat up. So exciting!

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 22 2012, 7:32pm

Post #5 of 25 (499 views)
Shortcut
Heaps more! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Sep 22 2012, 7:38pm

Post #6 of 25 (517 views)
Shortcut
trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

WE WANTS IT!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Sep 22 2012, 7:53pm

Post #7 of 25 (502 views)
Shortcut
Agreed we'll probably see one in November...or at least I certainly hope so! [In reply to] Can't Post

And yep, we'll also be getting TV Spots, another vlog or two, perhaps some clips posted online as was the case with LotR. Should be fun!

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Danielos
Rohan

Sep 22 2012, 7:54pm

Post #8 of 25 (474 views)
Shortcut
Silly! [In reply to] Can't Post

If people like you got your way, we would have seen the entire movie in endless trailers by now. Don´t you want the experience of seeing the movie to be as fresh and unspoiled as possible?

A few minutes of trailers are quite enough to wet our appetites!

Escapist
Gondor

Sep 22 2012, 7:55pm

Post #9 of 25 (472 views)
Shortcut
for sure [In reply to] Can't Post

there will be two more trailers (for the other movies)

Valandil ed Imladris
Lorien

Sep 22 2012, 8:59pm

Post #10 of 25 (439 views)
Shortcut
I want one more Videoblog [In reply to] Can't Post

but no more trailers. We've seen plenty until now. It's hard to wait, but not thaaaat long anymore.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Sep 22 2012, 9:45pm

Post #11 of 25 (402 views)
Shortcut
The thing is... I want another trailer, but at the same time I don't want another trailer... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't like wanting something, but don't wanting it at the same time :(

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 22 2012, 9:57pm

Post #12 of 25 (384 views)
Shortcut
But surely... [In reply to] Can't Post

that just means that you'll be happy whatever happens, and that's good, isn't it? Wink

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Sep 22 2012, 11:16pm

Post #13 of 25 (343 views)
Shortcut
Or that I will be disappointed whatever happens ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

I like your version better, but I tend to know myself too well Frown

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

(This post was edited by painjoiker on Sep 22 2012, 11:19pm)

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Sep 23 2012, 3:40am

Post #14 of 25 (313 views)
Shortcut
I am convinced there will be a third [In reply to] Can't Post

The Official Hobbit site calls the first teaser the "Announcement Trailer," and the second one "Trailer 1."

This seems to suggest that there will be a "Trailer 2," non?

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Sep 23 2012, 9:27am

Post #15 of 25 (259 views)
Shortcut
C'mon, It's Warner Bros! [In reply to] Can't Post

How many trailers did The Dark Knight Rises have again?? Wink

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Sep 23 2012, 11:51am

Post #16 of 25 (211 views)
Shortcut
Exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

Four.

Why should we expect less for the Hobbit, their winter piece de resistance?

Owain
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2012, 3:54pm

Post #17 of 25 (149 views)
Shortcut
I think there will be more trailers as well. [In reply to] Can't Post

The announcement trailer got the movies back on the general public's radar last year and the VLOGs have kept the fans entertained.

I think Trailer 1, during Tolkien Week, got everyone talking... Tolkien and movie fans alike. Every major news syndication has an article about the first movie (as well as the trilogy) and websites, social networks were abuzz.

TV spots will definitely start popping up (I expect around some of the bigger holidays when eyes are on TV and Movie screens) and additional trailers will begin to pop up as well. Judging by the tone of the first 2, it look's like they are trying to give people different look's. (Announcement was dramatic and Trailer 1 was both dramatic and comedic).

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Owain
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2012, 3:56pm

Post #18 of 25 (150 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. [In reply to] Can't Post

And the create your own version was an interesting idea. It definitely got the fans involved and talking.

I would be interested to see how many plays each of those distinct trailers got.

Amusings
The Shire

Sep 23 2012, 4:13pm

Post #19 of 25 (151 views)
Shortcut
I can't see another theatrical trailer being released... [In reply to] Can't Post

This was about the same time the full-length trailers for the Rings trilogy were released, I just can't imagine another different trailer being released so close to the films launch.

Perhaps alternating versions with the different endings attached to different films just to keep things fresh?

Trailer breakdown for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey now live!
http://www.wtfoosh.blogspot.co.uk/...09/test-article.html

Owain
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2012, 4:20pm

Post #20 of 25 (138 views)
Shortcut
Hello Amusings! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to tORN!

You may be right. Part of me thinks with such a large investment and massive property as The Hobbit, we will see a bit more promotion before the first movie's release.

Everything, besides the Announcement Trailer about a year ago and now this trailer, have really been for the hardcore fans. While that base is huge, I imagine the invitation to the general audience who has no knowledge of the Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, or anything Tolkien will be repeatedly extended... possibly through the alternate versions you are speaking of... but part of me hopes for another look or tone to complement the first 2.

Smile

Amusings
The Shire

Sep 23 2012, 4:30pm

Post #21 of 25 (137 views)
Shortcut
Hi Owain! [In reply to] Can't Post

Many thanks for your welcome! I've been visiting the site for literally years, and with my excitement for The Hobbit reaching boiling point, and the site I run looking set to do quite a few Hobbit articles prior to release, I thought it wise to finally register and starting posting with my fellow enthusiasts!

You may very well be right with a final trailer being released but I personally think it is very doubtful, particularly with the mash-up option of the different endings. There'll no doubt be a slew of alternate TV spots etc. closer to release.

Regardless, Warner Bros. are going to market the hell out of this, much like they did with Harry Potter, Dark Knight Rises etc.!

Trailer breakdown for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey now live!
http://www.wtfoosh.blogspot.co.uk/...09/test-article.html

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Sep 23 2012, 5:50pm

Post #22 of 25 (126 views)
Shortcut
5 according to Alberta [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/...includetrailers=True

And goodness knows how many posters! I'm sure there's plenty more footage to come, we still need the first post-production vblog yet!

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2012, 5:54pm

Post #23 of 25 (114 views)
Shortcut
This could very well be the last trailer (not counting TV spots) [In reply to] Can't Post

As you said, the final LOTR trailers were released right around the same time. On the other hand, WB put out another trailer for Dark Knight Rises about one month before release. My money is on last one but i hope we get another one, just because i'm not 100% satisfied with this one.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2012, 5:56pm

Post #24 of 25 (118 views)
Shortcut
Four [In reply to] Can't Post

The prologue they showed exclusively in IMAX theaters is not really a trailer.

Sam20
Lorien

Sep 23 2012, 7:06pm

Post #25 of 25 (137 views)
Shortcut
Trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

I would be surprised if there is another trailer. That would be ''An Unexpected Trailer'' to me. More seriously as we draw near December I think it more likely that TV spots will be on your screens at home instead.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.