Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
20 more hobbit covers

Noel Q. von Schneiffel
Rivendell

Sep 22 2012, 7:02pm

Views: 372
Shortcut
20 more hobbit covers Can't Post

Here is an article I found in the news today, celebrating the book's 75th birthday. The article itself is in German, but if you don't read that (it doesn't contain anything ground-breaking), you can still click through the picture gallery on top. It has 20 more very cool Hobbit covers from different countries.

I don't know how big the intersection with Magpie's covers is; some will undoubtedly be there too.

http://einestages.spiegel.de/...-hobbit-wird-75.html

Of course, I thoroughly dislike the Vietnamese one, #19 - the only one based on Peter Jackson's imagery. Heretics. (I am also not sure what the Argonath have to do with the Hobbit.)

The Glorious Truth of J.R.R. Tolkien
Radiates from his Holy Writings

http://www.tolkientruth.info/

Subject User Time
20 more hobbit covers Noel Q. von Schneiffel Send a private message to Noel Q. von Schneiffel Sep 22 2012, 7:02pm
    Thanks! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 22 2012, 11:14pm
    Madness! demnation Send a private message to demnation Sep 23 2012, 3:54am
        Bilbo's dwarven armor Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Sep 23 2012, 6:15am
            I am more concerned with the accuracy... Noel Q. von Schneiffel Send a private message to Noel Q. von Schneiffel Sep 23 2012, 6:55am
            Thanks! demnation Send a private message to demnation Sep 23 2012, 10:46am
    ha, ha . . . TomthePilgrim Send a private message to TomthePilgrim Sep 23 2012, 4:45am
    that was a fun end to the party ! weaver Send a private message to weaver Sep 24 2012, 4:47am
    Hobbitus dubulous Send a private message to dubulous Sep 24 2012, 7:14pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.