Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
''At your service'' touch

daddytwofoot
The Shire

Sep 21 2012, 6:14pm

Post #1 of 19 (1645 views)
Shortcut
''At your service'' touch Can't Post

I am glad they did not cut that out

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 21 2012, 6:17pm

Post #2 of 19 (785 views)
Shortcut
There are many things I'm glad they're not leaving out ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Not just this.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Snaga
Lorien

Sep 21 2012, 6:36pm

Post #3 of 19 (760 views)
Shortcut
Yes, but will we see the proper form in his reply? [In reply to] Can't Post

"At yours and your family's" or something along those lines.

I also remember how Tolkien went into a little detail about Gandalf following the proper etiquette when talking to the eagles. Any guesses about whether or not that will be in the movies as well? I seem to recall that happened as they were preparing to part company with them so I reckon it would push it to the second film. Also, there's the question about whether there will be actual dialogue with the eagles and what form it will take. All neat stuff to wonder about and anticipate.Wink

"Alas for Boromir! It was too sore a trial!"

-Faramir

burgahobbit
Rohan

Sep 21 2012, 6:40pm

Post #4 of 19 (784 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo's line about the mountain [In reply to] Can't Post

Has to be in! I really love that part:

"Is that The Mountain?" asked Bilbo in a solemn voice, looking at it with round eyes. He had never seen a thing that looked so big before.
"Of course not!" said Balin. "That is only be the beginning of the Misty Mountains, and we have to get through, or over, or under those somehow, before we can come into Wilderland beyond. And it is a deal of a way even from the other side of them to the Lonely Mountain in the East where Smaug lies on our treasure."

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on Sep 21 2012, 6:41pm)

burgahobbit
Rohan

Sep 21 2012, 6:48pm

Post #5 of 19 (632 views)
Shortcut
I hope so [In reply to] Can't Post

But actually he is so shocked and flustered at first that he just says "Thanks!" and only later he remembers the proper reply which I think you've nailed.

I bet the eagles will talk since the wargs and trolls are going to, but then again they may not as I cannot imagine them letting the spiders talk...we'll have to wait and see! But I think that the eagles should leave at the end of film 1, and Gandalf should announce his departure that will take place very soon. If it ends while the eagles are in the air I will be somewhat dissapointed, so during that actual sequence I'll probably be thinking, "Land! Land! Land!"

FiliSonOfDis
Rivendell

Sep 22 2012, 4:12am

Post #6 of 19 (397 views)
Shortcut
I want to see mountains again, mountains gandalf! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope so it's a great line and it will make that line from LOTR better

burgahobbit
Rohan

Sep 22 2012, 12:19pm

Post #7 of 19 (266 views)
Shortcut
You're right it would [In reply to] Can't Post

In The Hobbit Bilbo is fearful of the mountains but now in LOTR he really wants to see mountains again!

Good point, FiliSonOfDis. I really like your username, Fili is going to be great!

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Sep 22 2012, 2:05pm

Post #8 of 19 (268 views)
Shortcut
Wargs will talk? [In reply to] Can't Post

Since when is that confirmed?

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Sep 22 2012, 3:46pm

Post #9 of 19 (236 views)
Shortcut
It was confirmed that they will talk in their own language! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would assume that is barking and other wolf-sounds :)

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

burgahobbit
Rohan

Sep 22 2012, 5:14pm

Post #10 of 19 (216 views)
Shortcut
Link: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/..._latest_reply;so=ASC;

The wargs will speak!

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Sep 22 2012, 5:25pm

Post #11 of 19 (204 views)
Shortcut
I remember that now. [In reply to] Can't Post

Like it has been said, though, it'll probably more resemble a growling rather than human language.

burgahobbit
Rohan

Sep 22 2012, 7:22pm

Post #12 of 19 (194 views)
Shortcut
I think it'll sort of be a mix [In reply to] Can't Post

Of growling and human language.

In The Hobbit movie we will find probably another language constructed specially for the films. It will be Wargs’ tongue. The chief of the Wargs, giant white wolf will comunicate with his Wargs in a simple gluttal language.

Like you said, it will probably more resemble a growling noise, but it will be very unique and interesting.

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on Sep 22 2012, 7:23pm)

Escapist
Gondor

Sep 22 2012, 7:35pm

Post #13 of 19 (180 views)
Shortcut
I think it would be believable if the wargs were just a little bit better than these guys at English: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXo3NFqkaRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riT6ku1DoJI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQCCsBpwTPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqQzHsnGaP4&feature=fvwp&NR=1

Just good enough to understand words or short phrases ... I think it could work (except that these dogs sound like pansies).

Escapist
Gondor

Sep 22 2012, 7:37pm

Post #14 of 19 (171 views)
Shortcut
Or this [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRw-lfXy_tQ&feature=relmfu

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Sep 22 2012, 9:51pm

Post #15 of 19 (193 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps the Warg's language will be a debased form of the Black Speech. [In reply to] Can't Post

That would make a certain amount of sense and would stilll be impossible for the audience to understand without translation. It would also explain how Gandalf understands it.

'Thus spake Ioreth, wise-woman of Gondor: The hands of the king are the hands of a healer, and so shall the rightful king be known.' - Gandalf the White

burgahobbit
Rohan

Sep 22 2012, 9:58pm

Post #16 of 19 (152 views)
Shortcut
That would be interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

And it is possible, but I'm thinking it will be something completely new and I personally am looking forward to it! Smile

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Sep 22 2012, 11:36pm

Post #17 of 19 (132 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

Love it.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Sep 23 2012, 1:58am

Post #18 of 19 (137 views)
Shortcut
Hadn't even noticed. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'm glad it's there, too!

"Now this babe was of greatest beauty; his skin of a shining white and his eyes of a blue surpassing that of the sky in southern lands - bluer than the sapphires of the raiment of Manwë; and the envy of Meglin was deep at his birth, but the joy of Turgon and all the people very great indeed." -The Fall of Gondolin

Lost Hobbit
Rivendell

Sep 23 2012, 10:40am

Post #19 of 19 (159 views)
Shortcut
Introductions [In reply to] Can't Post

I think, considering book, it took a long time before all dwarves gathered. With that, scenes of Bag End will be too long. So I expect just appearance of quick cuts through dwarves standing at the door and introducing themselves. Maybe that scene from teaser, where Gandalf introduces all of them, was intended just for trailer.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.