Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Rate the new Hobbit Trailer
Poll: Rate the new Hobbit Trailer
View Results (54 votes)

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 21 2012, 3:29pm

Post #1 of 18 (946 views)
Shortcut
Rate the new Hobbit Trailer Can't Post

I double-dog dare ya.

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 21 2012, 3:46pm

Post #2 of 18 (364 views)
Shortcut
No half votes? ;-P / [In reply to] Can't Post

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 21 2012, 4:00pm

Post #3 of 18 (423 views)
Shortcut
Here at Tim's poll we care about our participants. [In reply to] Can't Post

I provide a money-back guarantee if not satisfied with this poll.

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 21 2012, 5:58pm

Post #4 of 18 (356 views)
Shortcut
How much do I get then? ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 21 2012, 7:38pm

Post #5 of 18 (338 views)
Shortcut
I just sent you the ten seconds of my life it took to make this poll [In reply to] Can't Post

Use it in good health. Laugh

Ardamírë
Valinor

Sep 21 2012, 8:42pm

Post #6 of 18 (323 views)
Shortcut
I gave it a 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

I enjoyed seeing the footage, but I didn't think it was a good trailer. It didn't build to a climax or anything. And the end scene was ridiculous - just like any other popcorn flick trailer.

The first trailer was astounding! And all the LOTR trailers were brilliant and epic in their own right. Compared to all those great trailers, this one was awful.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 21 2012, 9:03pm

Post #7 of 18 (320 views)
Shortcut
I gave it a nine. [In reply to] Can't Post

The jump-around visuals stopped me giving it a perfect score.

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 21 2012, 10:14pm

Post #8 of 18 (299 views)
Shortcut
I gave it an 8 [In reply to] Can't Post

I enjoyed it but a few things could have made it more enjoyable so I held back from a perfect score.

I know I would have gone mad crazy with new Hobbit music by Shore (or even a recap of the Misty Mountain theme we heard before). I don't fault them for not using it but I know I'd have been over the moon had they.

So far, I've had to watch it on my computer and that's not giving me the best picture. The same trailer on a better screen might get a higher rating. But I can't rate what I can't see or fully appreciate.

And like Ataahua, I'm not a big fan of the millisecond length of some shots. It's all the rage now... but any trailer using that technique won't get the highest marks from me.

Remind me the rules of double-dog dares. I think the stakes can be quite high if one takes on that sort of dare. :-)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Sep 21 2012, 10:24pm

Post #9 of 18 (336 views)
Shortcut
I love the millisecond flashes [In reply to] Can't Post

I find them very tantalizing.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Sep 21 2012, 10:25pm

Post #10 of 18 (294 views)
Shortcut
This is off topic [In reply to] Can't Post

But I've always wondered how to pronounce your name... Blush

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Sep 22 2012, 6:47am

Post #11 of 18 (309 views)
Shortcut
Loved Bilbo's "I'm going on an adventure!" as he runs down the lane [In reply to] Can't Post

There were some nice moments like the one mentioned above and the glimpses of him at The House of Elrond, but on the whole, I *much* prefer the first trailer. But then, I'm not a major TH fan; I'm mainly looking forward to the film to revisit beloved characters and Middle earth.

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 22 2012, 8:22am

Post #12 of 18 (310 views)
Shortcut
They're tantalizing, but I get very little from quick flashes [In reply to] Can't Post

All the time you're wondering: "what was that?, "did I just see xxx?" "what on earth?".

I'd be happier with a muuuuuch longer trailer. Say, 3 hours? Wink

Ardamírë
Valinor

Sep 22 2012, 2:36pm

Post #13 of 18 (296 views)
Shortcut
3 hour trailer indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

But yeah, I like wondering what I just saw and seeing a bunch of glimpses of a lot of scenes. It's real fun.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 23 2012, 3:29am

Post #14 of 18 (261 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

there are four syllables, with the emphasis on the double A. The A vowel is the same as in 'far', and 'u' is as in 'flute' or 'boot'. Does that help?

Ardamírë
Valinor

Sep 23 2012, 6:04pm

Post #15 of 18 (305 views)
Shortcut
Many thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds very foreign to my ears, but I think I've managed it well enough Smile

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 26 2012, 6:39pm

Post #16 of 18 (202 views)
Shortcut
I gave it an 8 and just wish it had HS music [In reply to] Can't Post

But I would have gone into a complete geek-squee-spasm if it had, so, it's just as well Sly.

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 26 2012, 7:30pm

Post #17 of 18 (228 views)
Shortcut
I really liked that too [In reply to] Can't Post

As I've been thinking back on which scenes I liked, I realized that moment stands out. Surprising, but I remembered it as opposed to the more epic scenes. I loved the energy and throwing caution to the wind feeling in it. And the phrase itself. It really sets the mood.

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 27 2012, 4:46am

Post #18 of 18 (536 views)
Shortcut
The rules are pretty strict [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Remind me the rules of double-dog dares. I think the stakes can be quite high if one takes on that sort of dare. :-)

but it's still not as severe as a triple-dog-dare!!! Shocked

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.