Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Wellington's Hobbit premier preparations

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 17 2012, 12:02am

Post #1 of 6 (382 views)
Shortcut
Wellington's Hobbit premier preparations Can't Post

A snippet of new information in this story about the recently released Hobbit photos:

Preparations for the film's November 28 premiere are also under way at Wellington City Council, which has set aside $1.15 million for the premiere.
Next month, the council will discuss road closures planned to be in place from 9pm on Tuesday, November 27, to 5.30am on Thursday, November 29. The current plan will see parts of Courtenay Place and Tory St, and several adjoining streets, closed.
Jackson has promised the premiere will be a "huge party", and several stars, such as Freeman and Lord of the Rings stalwarts McKellen and Orlando Bloom, are expected to attend.

I wonder if that money will cover will cover just what we saw last time - an enormously long red carpet, security, sound equipment etc - or if WCC has something additional planned?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 17 2012, 1:22am

Post #2 of 6 (224 views)
Shortcut
Just a little gathering, eh? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh geez... I'm thinking if they put together the party like they did before.... and change the name of Wellington to Middle-earth again... I'm thinking that would be just dandy :D

*twitch*

This is gonna be GREAT!!!

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

What I'm wondering is if any TORnsibbies has reserved TORn's seat at the Embassy (J31) and who that could be ;)

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Sep 17 2012, 1:23am)

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Sep 17 2012, 5:36am

Post #3 of 6 (222 views)
Shortcut
Yes, what is Wellington City Council planning, [In reply to] Can't Post

and what will the money go for on the premier? I've talked to the events office at WCC twice, and they say Warners has hired an events planner to handle it. (Huh?! ) WCC is handling permits and logistics - and road closures, it seems - but so far they say that they as the City Council are not yet preparing any special events. We at Welly-moot, the Tolkien Society in Wellington, have been put on their notification list for events, so should I post here if I hear anything? We're sort of hoping that there could be more info coming out with the new trailer this week. Your article is the first actual news announcement on preparation.

Businesses - cafes, bars and restaurants - along Courtney Place are waiting for a go-ahead from Warners before they can start planning and advertising their own participation, but TORn and Red Capet Tours are moving ahead in planning the party for Nov. 26. PJ has promised a great time for Wellington, and he usually delivers. No question, I plan to be somewhere along the red carpet!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 17 2012, 7:05pm

Post #4 of 6 (161 views)
Shortcut
Heck yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
We at Welly-moot, the Tolkien Society in Wellington, have been put on their notification list for events, so should I post here if I hear anything?

Any information gratefully received!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Sep 17 2012, 7:07pm

Post #5 of 6 (176 views)
Shortcut
Okee dokee. [In reply to] Can't Post

And since I know you are right here, I'll ask: wouldn't this thread be better on The Hobbit forum, madam admin?

Garfeimao
Rohan

Sep 18 2012, 5:24am

Post #6 of 6 (201 views)
Shortcut
Event planners are necessary for most events [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially big events. There is a corp of staff planning TORn's Oscar party, and then there is the Event Planning company we are working with because they know everything needed about Liquor licenses, offsite parking locations, hiring shuttles, security, sound and lights technicians, etc. WB puts on some of the biggest events in Hollywood and I believe they have their own in-house event planning team for that, but when you plan outside of your own country, it helps to have boots on the ground from a local planner as well.

And yes, keep any news you hear coming, I am one of a flood of people coming down to party in the Streets of Welly-wood.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.