Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
World Hobbit Day Party Lineup & Update!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 15 2012, 4:08pm

Views: 618
Shortcut
World Hobbit Day Party Lineup & Update! Can't Post

We're a week away from Saturday, September 22nd and Bilbo and Frodo's birthday party!! The festivities this year have grown into World Hobbit Day as we also celebrate Tolkien Week AND the 75th anniversary of The Hobbit publication [Which is actually the September 21st (1937;) but we can give them some leeway] How cool is it that the party is happening over the weekend!?!?

Below is a list of party activities fellow TORnsibs have volunteered to share. The games/activities/fanfic will be spread across 3 Discussion Boards: Main, Off Topic, and The Lord of the Rings Movie. Sadly, the Hobbit Discussion Board will not be one of the party-stops. That place is just way too busy! :) But I will definitely post a heads-up in there!

So none of the Boards get overwhelmed with posts that can force activities off the page too fast, I've taken the liberty to offer suggestions of where each activity can be found. Contributors, please feel free to post anytime during the day or night. *whispers* The earlier, the better ;)

After all of the activities are posted, I'll collect all the links and put them into one place to share with all of the Boards so everyone can play along. We encourage anyone who is inspired to contribute a game/activity to the party to feel free to do so, but please post them on the LotR Discussion Board to avoid overloading Main/Off Topic :)

Let me know if I've forgotten anyone or if you would like to add to the party :)

THANKS ALL!

MAIN DISCUSSION BOARD

"Hobbit eds Footers/Avatars" by Magpie Our creative comrade has already given us this incredible list of options. You've already seen them pop up everywhere! Go right here to collect your own footer and celebrate the day :)

"Guess the Phrase" game by DanielLB

"Mad Lib" by dernwyn

"Pun Parameters" by Ethel Duath

"GTKYT" by TomthePilgrim (Get To Know Your TORnsib)

THE LORD OF THE RINGS DISCUSSION BOARD

"Eye Spy game" by Delrond

"Drabble / Haiku Challenge" by grammaboodawg

"Panted Hobbit Lines" by grammaboodawg

OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION BOARD

"Bilbo's Brainteasers" by dernwyn

"Trivia game" by DanielLB

"Six Subject Line Challenge" by weaver AND SirDennisC (a two-fer :)

"Musical duet" by Quacking Troll & Ruxendil_Thoorg

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Sep 15 2012, 4:12pm)

Subject User Time
World Hobbit Day Party Lineup & Update! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 15 2012, 4:08pm
    D'oh SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Sep 15 2012, 4:12pm
        No Worries! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 15 2012, 4:17pm
            Thanks gramma SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Sep 15 2012, 4:37pm
                *nods enthusiastically* I bet you're right :D // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 15 2012, 9:24pm
                I would be glad to have a co-line-picker! weaver Send a private message to weaver Sep 16 2012, 1:49am
    Is it ok to spread over the 21st and 22nd? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 15 2012, 5:27pm
        Sure :D Go for it! // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 15 2012, 9:23pm
            Thanks gramma :-) DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 15 2012, 9:36pm
            My thought was to throw the GTKYT out Friday, also . . . TomthePilgrim Send a private message to TomthePilgrim Sep 16 2012, 4:00pm
                Sounds GREAT!! :D Thanks Pilgrim :) // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 16 2012, 8:00pm
        I like the idea of starting sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Sep 16 2012, 10:17am
            You might me in luck sherlock DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 16 2012, 3:03pm
    Looks like great fun! zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Sep 16 2012, 6:57am
    This looks promising! One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Sep 16 2012, 1:53pm
    Wowza thanks Gramma, I can't wait!! Also ecstatic to see that QT-Rux's piece has come to fruition! Can't wait to see it :D// Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Sep 16 2012, 5:20pm
        *gasp* There's a claymore on that Hobbit cover! *saves link location* =) // Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Sep 16 2012, 7:38pm
    World Hobbit Day - Avatars for you to use Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 17 2012, 4:34pm
        Fabulous, Magpie!! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 17 2012, 4:41pm
        At last! The avatars I have been waiting for all of my TORn life! weaver Send a private message to weaver Sep 17 2012, 4:49pm
        Decisions, decisions! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 17 2012, 7:46pm
            I think those of us who use an avatar... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 17 2012, 8:47pm
    **REMEMBER to put "WORLD HOBBIT DAY PARTY" in your subject line!!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 17 2012, 4:37pm
        Must remember! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 17 2012, 7:52pm
            Nope :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 18 2012, 12:52am
                Just checking! Thanks gramma :-) DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 18 2012, 7:24am
                    On a walk? grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 18 2012, 11:29am
                        Electronics imin Send a private message to imin Sep 18 2012, 12:45pm
            You and me both . . . TomthePilgrim Send a private message to TomthePilgrim Sep 20 2012, 4:46am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.