Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
**** Pre-game Six Subject Line Challenge (SSLC) ****

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Sep 15 2012, 2:12pm

Post #1 of 12 (311 views)
Shortcut
**** Pre-game Six Subject Line Challenge (SSLC) **** Can't Post

Just to get you warmed up for World Hobbit Day, here's a traditional TORn game thread that Weaver posts every so often.

Below are six subject lines from posts currently on the board -- what can you do with them?

The Six Subject Lines:

- You can see the wheels turning behind his eyes
- Give me Radagast or give me Death!
- I didn't say anything about making it deeper
- You sound like you know something but
- sure, if I can push the "norse" theme into the surreal
- It's accurate enough for me

The Challenge:

Use one, some or all of the subject lines to make poetry, a drabble, a bit of doggerel, a very short story, a riddle, a parody, whatever -- just let your creative side out and have fun!

Smile

Want a The Hobbit cover of your own for World Hobbit Day? Click Here
Thank you Magpie!

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Sep 15 2012, 2:14pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 15 2012, 3:06pm

Post #2 of 12 (118 views)
Shortcut
This is an awesome idea [In reply to] Can't Post

I shall have a think.

Though, I was trying to figure out who on earth had typed I didn't say anything about making it deeper and in what context. Then I realised it was me ...

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Escapist
Gondor

Sep 15 2012, 3:29pm

Post #3 of 12 (122 views)
Shortcut
bit by bit [In reply to] Can't Post

You can see the wheels turning behind his eyes

Gears within gears turn
Connecting inside and out
Which are in control?

Noel Q. von Schneiffel
Rivendell

Sep 15 2012, 3:48pm

Post #4 of 12 (114 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf on the pinnacle of Orthanc [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf on the pinnacle of Orthanc

Gandalf: I want my phone call.
Saruman: Oh really. And who would you call?
Gandalf: Well, Radagast comes to mind. He could send a giant eagle to rescue me from your evil clutches.
Saruman: See, this is why I'm more successful than you. You're far too honest.
Gandalf: If you don't let me, I'll jump. Do you really want my blood on your white hands?
Saruman: You're bluffing.
Gandalf: GIVE ME RADAGAST OR GIVE ME DEATH!
(Gandalf jumps and dies.)

The Glorious Truth of J.R.R. Tolkien
Radiates from his Holy Writings

http://www.tolkientruth.info/

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 15 2012, 4:15pm

Post #5 of 12 (109 views)
Shortcut
You can never have enough subjects! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I love these things!

We've also got weaver lined (pardon the pun) up for a subject game, and I think it's awesome! These are so much fun, I think getting our creative juices flowing is always a very good thing!

This is gonna be one hoppin' party!!! :D

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Sep 15 2012, 4:33pm

Post #6 of 12 (119 views)
Shortcut
oh, why not... [In reply to] Can't Post

Though not required of participants, I'll try to use as little additional text as possible.

Overheard on Set

In honour of finding King Richard III's remains, Sir Peter asked Sir Ian to work a little Shakespeare into his performance...

Sir Ian: ...sure, if I can push the "norse" theme into the surreal... (ahem) "Give me Radagast or give me Death!"
Sir Peter: You sound like you know something, but I didn't say anything about making it deeper.
Sir Ian: (brows furrowed) ...
Sir Peter: (You can see the wheels turning behind his eyes) ah, It's accurate enough for me, check the gate!

Thank you Magpie!

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Sep 15 2012, 4:34pm)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Sep 15 2012, 4:35pm

Post #7 of 12 (105 views)
Shortcut
Excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great comedic timing there.

Thank you Magpie!

weaver
Half-elven

Sep 16 2012, 3:41am

Post #8 of 12 (113 views)
Shortcut
A Hobbit Named Norse walks into Gandalf's Car Dealership... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hobbit -- "I'm looking for a nice car for myself, my wife, our five hobbit children and our dog..."

Gandalf -- "Of course you are. But are you sure you wouldn't want something a little more...adventurous?"

Hobbit -- "You sound like you know something, but really, no, I just need something to get me to Bywater and back."

Gandalf -- "Certainly! We have some nice cozy little hobbit station wagons over here...they're rather boring, of course, but if that's what you want..."

Hobbit -- "Who said anything about boring? Just because we Norse hobbits have never had any adventures or done anything unexpected does not mean that we only want to see cars that are boring!"

Gandalf -- "Well then, in that case let me show you some of our wizard-mobiles. That brown one over there is a new model called the Radagast. It's quite surreal, and it's just been marked down!"

Hobbit -- "Well, I say. That is a nice car! Will it hold all the Norses? All of them...and me?"

Gandalf -- "Sure!" (To himself: now, if I can push the "Norse "them-me" into the surreal...)

Hobbit (sitting behind the driver's seat -- you can see the wheels turning behind his eyes): "Give me Radagast or give me Death!"

Gandalf -- "Would you like to take it for a spin?"

Hobbit (suddenly suspicious): "Hmm..you seem awfully eager to sell me this car...if I take it for a test drive, you will promise that I will come back?"

Gandalf -- "No....but if you do, you will not be the same."

Hobbit -- "Well...that doesn't sound so great, but there does seem to be enough room in here for all of us and it seems very pet friendly. What the heck! Let's talk about the price...I know you said something about a price cut already, but can you do any better?"

Gandalf -- "I didn't say anything about making it deeper...but how does one bag of jewels sound?"

Hobbit -- "It's accurate enough for me. I'll take it!"

Weaver

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 16 2012, 8:49am

Post #9 of 12 (64 views)
Shortcut
Brilliant! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 16 2012, 11:43pm

Post #10 of 12 (74 views)
Shortcut
Making of The Hobbit Movie: Behind the Scenes with the Dwarves [In reply to] Can't Post

The Barrel Scene:

The actors playing the dwarves, as well as Mr. Freeman, Peter Jackson's assistant on set, and Mr. Jackson himself are discussing the scene in between several takes.

Fili, resting his elbows on his barrel (from the inside) as it bobs and lists slightly, next to several other full barrels, loosely roped together:
"If 'somebody' doesn't make up his mind to figure this out and shoot for the last time, I'm cutting this blasted barrel loose and using Bifur's harpoon-axe-thing to paddle right out of here."

Balin, dangling his legs over the edge of the platform, and watching Jackson sitting with head in hands while perched on an empty barrel behind the set:
"Don't worry, he'll make up his mind any minute. You can see the wheels turning behind his eyes."

Kili, balancing on the side of his barrel and rolling it with his feet all over the platform:
"So that's how he got that idea for Saruman in the E.E."

The assistant is peering nervously over the edge at the choppy waves and at the barrels bouncing around and tilting at crazy angles. He muttered something to Jackson, who replied loudly:
"I didn't say anything about making it deeper."

Bombur sidled over to the assistant, (who quickly moved several inches back from the edge):
"You sound like you know something but . . ."

The assistant, in a loud stage whisper:
"Hush!" Then "out loud": "You can discuss that with your union rep."

Bilbo, wistfully; trying desperately to remain in character:
"Oh where is Gandalf when we need him most."

Thorin:
"The heck with that tattered, blue-hatted meddler. Give me Radagast or give me Death!"

Dori, from deep inside his barrel, stuck in the water between Ori's and Nori's:
"So you think that overgrown Brownie, and a bunch of bunnies hopping around scattering magical herbs and singing the theme from "Never Cry Wolf" would be more help?"

Bilbo, plaintively: "And what about the book?"

Thorin:
"I don't see the problem. It's accurate enough for me!"

Enter Howard Shore who consults with Jackson and the ever more nervous assistant.

Jackson
: What do the two of you think about bringing a few lost Rohirrim into the scene; you know, to give it a more multicultural feel. And continuity, you know . . ."

Shore: "Sure, if I can push the "norse" theme into the surreal!"

Scene fades to black--a trifle too soon--as several soft splooshes followed by frantic splashing and flailing noises are heard in the background, followed by shouts of "Where's my union rep" and "that's not a towel that's Bifur's beard."

Curtain.

- You can see the wheels turning behind his eyes
- Give me Radagast or give me Death!
- I didn't say anything about making it deeper
- You sound like you know something but
- sure, if I can push the "norse" theme into the surreal
- It's accurate enough for me

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 16 2012, 11:45pm

Post #11 of 12 (63 views)
Shortcut
Hahahah! Love it! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 16 2012, 11:52pm

Post #12 of 12 (122 views)
Shortcut
Heee! "sitting behind the driver's seat -- [In reply to] Can't Post

you can see the wheels turning behind his eyes"

Beautiful!Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.