Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
**** Pre-game Six Subject Line Challenge (SSLC) ****

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Sep 15 2012, 2:12pm

Views: 289
Shortcut
**** Pre-game Six Subject Line Challenge (SSLC) **** Can't Post

Just to get you warmed up for World Hobbit Day, here's a traditional TORn game thread that Weaver posts every so often.

Below are six subject lines from posts currently on the board -- what can you do with them?

The Six Subject Lines:

- You can see the wheels turning behind his eyes
- Give me Radagast or give me Death!
- I didn't say anything about making it deeper
- You sound like you know something but
- sure, if I can push the "norse" theme into the surreal
- It's accurate enough for me

The Challenge:

Use one, some or all of the subject lines to make poetry, a drabble, a bit of doggerel, a very short story, a riddle, a parody, whatever -- just let your creative side out and have fun!

Smile

Want a The Hobbit cover of your own for World Hobbit Day? Click Here
Thank you Magpie!

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Sep 15 2012, 2:14pm)

Subject User Time
**** Pre-game Six Subject Line Challenge (SSLC) **** SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Sep 15 2012, 2:12pm
    This is an awesome idea DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 15 2012, 3:06pm
    bit by bit Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Sep 15 2012, 3:29pm
    Gandalf on the pinnacle of Orthanc Noel Q. von Schneiffel Send a private message to Noel Q. von Schneiffel Sep 15 2012, 3:48pm
        Excellent! SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Sep 15 2012, 4:35pm
        Hahahah! Love it! :) // Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 16 2012, 11:45pm
    You can never have enough subjects! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 15 2012, 4:15pm
    oh, why not... SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Sep 15 2012, 4:33pm
    A Hobbit Named Norse walks into Gandalf's Car Dealership... weaver Send a private message to weaver Sep 16 2012, 3:41am
        Brilliant! / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 16 2012, 8:49am
        Heee! "sitting behind the driver's seat -- Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 16 2012, 11:52pm
    Making of The Hobbit Movie: Behind the Scenes with the Dwarves Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 16 2012, 11:43pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.