First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 14 2012, 3:52pm

Post #1 of 49 (392 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to Fiesta Friday! Can't Post

Hello, everyone, and welcome to Fiesta!

The bar is well-stocked as usual and the buffet looks especially tempting today. So, help yourselves to a little drink, a little nibble and some great conversation!

This will be a self-serve Fiesta today, so feel free to help yourself to your favorite libation and serve a few to someone else too (or serve one to a few someone elses, lol Laugh).

Throws quarters on juke box - play your favorites and have a great weekend, everyone! CoolHeartSmile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 3:56pm

Post #2 of 49 (220 views)
Shortcut
My first taste of parenthood ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Lots of fizzy drinks and sweets for me please Altaira. I've been baby-sitting my nephew today - had a great time - been to a petting farm, went on a tractor ride, saw a bird show, and made cookies Wink. Even if he didn't enjoy it, I had a great time! Always great to let the inner child out!

Next week is going to be very busy for me. I have a trip coming up, and have to do a health and safety course from Sunday to Sunday. 8am to 8pm everyday ... that'll be fun Tongue. I'll end up missing The Hobbit trailer, probably.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Smile

And Hobbit Headlines will probably be delayed until this evening.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Sep 14 2012, 4:02pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 14 2012, 4:10pm

Post #3 of 49 (212 views)
Shortcut
*helps self to iced tea* [In reply to] Can't Post

Try to not work too hard, Altaira - and we'll keep the drinks on ice for you!

I just got back to my desk from yet another farewell luncheon...this time, one of the teachers I'm closest to here has accepted a postion that's in another town, and it's what she's wanted to do, and pays a lot more than here. So this is great for her, but sad for us. Unsure

I think I'll visit my Dad this weekend. It would have been my Mom's 91st birthday Monday, so a bit of familiy reminiscing will be nice! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 14 2012, 4:12pm

Post #4 of 49 (188 views)
Shortcut
What fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's been one of the "perks" of being a parent: going ahead and doing all that fun kid stuff with them! Cool

12 hours each day for the course? That's intensive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 14 2012, 4:12pm

Post #5 of 49 (231 views)
Shortcut
The bathroom reno is coming along! [In reply to] Can't Post

He started tiling yesterday, and the shower door is ready to be picked up from from the home improvement store.

I had a minor surgical procedure done Monday morning (just a cyst removal, so nothing alarming), so now I have a pretty incision with stitches on my leg, along with the concomitant colorful skin decorations. (I took a picture, if anyone wants to see it. TongueLaugh)

Other than that, it has been a pretty uneventful week. We got rain on Wednesday, which we desperately needed. It's a good thing I hadn't tried to catch the earlier bus that morning, though, because when I got to the stop for the 7:55 bus, all the people for the 7:25 were still waiting. Apparently the earlier bus simply didn't show up.

And then you couldn't sit in a bunch of the seats because the bus roof was leaking... Unimpressed

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 14 2012, 4:14pm

Post #6 of 49 (213 views)
Shortcut
Being and aunt/uncle is better! [In reply to] Can't Post

You can send the little nippers home when you get tired of 'em.

When they're yours, you have to keep 'em. Crazy

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Sep 14 2012, 4:15pm

Post #7 of 49 (203 views)
Shortcut
It's cold here today [In reply to] Can't Post

So I started my day with a Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks. With whipped cream. Not so good on the diet, but perfect for a blustery day.

I'm down to just the last lingering traces of my cold and now that Dragon*Con's over I'm not sure what to do with myself. I should probably unpack and clean up my house...

I guess that I do have a homecoming party to attend for a friend who's completed his time in the army. It'll be great to see him again.

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 14 2012, 4:15pm

Post #8 of 49 (186 views)
Shortcut
Have fun with your dad! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was going through some old Facebook posts, and I ran across the one where I let people know about my dad's passing two years ago. I got a little misty-eyed.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 4:16pm

Post #9 of 49 (200 views)
Shortcut
Howdy All! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for setting us up so well, Altaira! :) You always take such good care of us...

This time next week (Saturday, to be exact) we'll be getting ready for our World Hobbit Party!! So put on your thinking caps and get ready for some fun!

I'll be doing some prep throughout the weekend, and getting ready for some minor surgery on Tuesday. Nothing earth-shattering... a bit of a thing on my lower lip at the edge of my mouth that they think needs to go. Anything to get a couple of days off work ;) My daughter says she can't wait to question me on things that have perplexed her for years while I'm coming out of the anesthetic. Uh oh.....

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!! *sneaks a lemonade from behind bar* STAY SAFE! :)

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 4:18pm

Post #10 of 49 (184 views)
Shortcut
Hehe! I know, I've already said I'm glad to be going home soon! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad the bathroom is coming along - so is ours. Wink The tiling just needs finishing.

I'm no good with operations, so no pictures please, but do get well soon! Have a great (and relaxing) weekend RosieLass Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 4:18pm

Post #11 of 49 (207 views)
Shortcut
That's why we have youngsters around [In reply to] Can't Post

Gives us a reason to be a kid ourselves without anyone shaking their heads at us. ;) I'm so glad you had so much fun!

I love your link to your Weekly Hobbit Headlines! Great idea!!

Have a great trip, DanielLB :)

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 14 2012, 4:19pm

Post #12 of 49 (208 views)
Shortcut
Just remind her that testimony given under the influence of medications... [In reply to] Can't Post

...is not generally admissible in court. Laugh

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 4:20pm

Post #13 of 49 (202 views)
Shortcut
Very intensive! [In reply to] Can't Post

Luckily, I get to stay in a Cambridge University College for the week! Can't complain Wink

Have a nice weekend dernwyn!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 4:20pm

Post #14 of 49 (185 views)
Shortcut
More changes... [In reply to] Can't Post

:( I know it's good, but it's really not ;)

That's a great idea to see your Dad this weekend. It's a good time to draw together and celebrate the good days past, present and future.

Hang in there, dernwyn... and have a fun weekend :)

Unused Scenes

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 14 2012, 4:21pm

Post #15 of 49 (193 views)
Shortcut
You're allowed a lapse from the diet once in a while. [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially for a pumpkin spice latte. That sounds yummy!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 4:23pm

Post #16 of 49 (190 views)
Shortcut
It will especially be bad [In reply to] Can't Post

if it leaks out that we're really from the planet Nero and we're heading back in the year 2018. SHOCKER!

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 4:31pm

Post #17 of 49 (189 views)
Shortcut
Busing Blues [In reply to] Can't Post

It's bad enough to have to take the bus... mercy!

HEY! I'm having some little stitching on Tuesday! We can compare scars!! :D

Except, mine's on the side of my mouth. But the doctor *ahem* reassured me the scar won't be too noticable since it will fall right in line with my wrinkles.

*pause*

Always a bright side to everything ;)

Have a great weekend, m'dear!

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 4:34pm

Post #18 of 49 (196 views)
Shortcut
*shudder* Clean the house? Really!? [In reply to] Can't Post

NO! Don't do it! It'll all just get messed up again.

Now... Halloween is coming up. You should make a new Hobbity costume for Halloween that you can wear to the first night/viewing of The Hobbit! I'm working on one right now. Planning stages, but I'll have my fingers sewn together soon enough ;)

OH... and I make my own diet Cafe Vienna mixture since General Foods discontinued it (got regular still, but I want diet), and I put pumpkin pie spice in it. Yummy!

Have a great weekend!

Unused Scenes

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 14 2012, 4:36pm

Post #19 of 49 (189 views)
Shortcut
*skids in* :P [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey everyone! :)

Well, I'm definitely looking forward to this weekend-- my best friends just got a MASSIVE flatscreen TV + Blu-Ray + surround-sound + etc. setup, so we're planning out several days' worth of movie-viewing parties (one day a weekend for several weeks)! :D

Oh, and I realized that I forgot to mention Doctor Who last week, too-- the new season has been *amazing* so far, and I can't wait for the next episode! :D

*gets self a Fall Usual, since it's a bit chilly today*

Hope you all have great weekends! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 14 2012, 4:51pm

Post #20 of 49 (188 views)
Shortcut
Whoa, almost forgot Fiesta! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been one of those mornings with a plethora of little odds and ends to take care of. And here I was hoping for a quiet start to an industrious (and also quiet weekend!) Ah well. Evil

I'll fix myself an Irish coffee today, since it's actually COOL outside (by Texas standards at least), not to mention sort of rainy. You'd think it was fall or something. Whee!

Have a great weekend, one and all, and here's hoping we get the new Hobbit trailer next week.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Sep 14 2012, 5:16pm

Post #21 of 49 (214 views)
Shortcut
I really need to dig into my LOTR costume stash [In reply to] Can't Post

I've dieted myself out of my two Eowyn costumes, but I have partial materials for a couple of Arwen's dresses that I always meant to get around to. And I've been digging around for pictures and knitting patterns for Ori's hooded scarf. It just looks like the perfect winter accessory to add to my collection!

So many costumes I want to make and so little time to wear them all!

My Costuming Site

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 5:22pm

Post #22 of 49 (181 views)
Shortcut
Thanks gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

It will be delayed today but will be up this evening Smile

Enjoy your weekend gramma - I hope your operation goes ok. Take care Smile

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 5:23pm

Post #23 of 49 (205 views)
Shortcut
I need coffee! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been watching the Ring cycle on PBS. We don't have a way to record; too much of a mix old and new technology at our house. (And even if we did, if I recorded it, I'd probably never find a way to watch it. The only way is to carve time out of my sleep time.) And it's airing from 9-1 every night. Why they can't do it from 6-10 I don't know.

Anyway, last night was the third one. I get up at 5, so I'm very bleary-eyed. But it's been so much fun. I've been wanting to see the Ring cycle for decades. I came to it first through the book, a very yummy library book illustrated by Arthur Rackham. (You can laugh, but that's how CS Lewis discovered it too.) It took me years to find my own copy. In the meantime, I bought the record album, about 20 vinyl disks, I think. So I was familiar with the story and the music. But I'd never seen a production. I'm having a great time. But I'm soooo sleepy now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Annael
Immortal

Sep 14 2012, 5:42pm

Post #24 of 49 (185 views)
Shortcut
I'll have a mimosa please [In reply to] Can't Post

Sending the LAST CHAPTER of my dissertation off to my chair today!

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Sep 14 2012, 6:00pm

Post #25 of 49 (169 views)
Shortcut
Congrats!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Costuming Site

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.