Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
An Unexpected Happening

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 14 2012, 1:28pm

Views: 232
Shortcut
An Unexpected Happening Can't Post

I think this is a question for one of the superusers.

I updated my signature to include a World Hobbit Day image, and the first post I made with the new siggie is in this thread.

I have no idea why it's messed up and shows that "View Threaded" button though. I thought it was a temporary glitch, but now I see my post as the last one in the thread, even though, in the list of thread on Hobbit - Movie, it says Estel87 is (currently) the last poster. Also, another member "The Hutt" replied to my post (I know because I got an email alert), but even clicking on the link does not show me their post. All I see is my post as the last one in that thread.

If I turn my signature off for that post alone, I see further posts, but as soon as I turn it on, mine's the last one.

Fun times Laugh

Subject User Time
An Unexpected Happening Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 14 2012, 1:28pm
    I thought something funny was going on! / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 14 2012, 1:35pm
        I got the mail alert for your reply to my problem post... Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 14 2012, 2:19pm
            No, not a thing. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 14 2012, 2:20pm
                Thanks, I've edited my problem post to remove the signature... Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 14 2012, 2:23pm
                    Working perfectly now! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 14 2012, 2:26pm
                        Yeah, thanks for letting me know it was causing problems for others too :) Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 14 2012, 2:31pm
            did it just resolve? Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 14 2012, 2:25pm
                Yes, I edited that post to take out my footer, and it resolved itself Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 14 2012, 2:30pm
                    * phew * almost broke the Internet SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Sep 14 2012, 3:38pm
                        Yeah, I only noticed it because TheHutt replied to my post and I couldn't access their post.. Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 14 2012, 4:44pm
    Did You Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Sep 14 2012, 3:08pm
        I believe it has to do with the size of the footer pic. dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Sep 14 2012, 3:19pm
            I'm using #13 Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 14 2012, 3:25pm
                And it's 45651 bytes. dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Sep 14 2012, 3:30pm
                    Nope, just this one as it's my lucky number :) Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 14 2012, 3:32pm
        I didn't take out my old footer... Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 14 2012, 3:24pm
            And, you didn't change anything after you got that button in your footer? Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Sep 14 2012, 3:47pm
                Nope... Earl Send a private message to Earl Sep 14 2012, 4:39pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.