Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Lovely Bones Images

calisuri
PTB

Oct 27 2007, 4:07pm

Post #1 of 5 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Lovely Bones Images Can't Post

Lovely Bones FilmingRinger Beorn's Mom sends in this heads up concerning Peter Jackson's 'Lovely Bones' Production:

I thought some of your website visitors might be interested in this slide show of the Lovely Bones film shoot not far from my home in Chester County, PA (but not close enough for me to sneak over, unfortunately!). [Lovely Bones Gallery]

I work with a few Tolkien Geeks in southern Chester County and we are completely thrilled that PJ is in the neighborhood. We are really hoping that the environment make him think Hobbit - we have a Brandywine River, the mushroom capitol of the world complete with annual mushroom festival in Kennett Square, and some very beautiful rolling countryside with "well-tilled" earth and plenty of hobbit- and dwarf- ready ponies. Lots of creepy, Mirkwood-ish forests and low-lying, potentially troll-infested hills and caves are all within a couple of hours' drive.

If anyone with links to PJ hears that there is anyone in the crew looking for a place to spend Thanksgiving - send them over, I'm about 3 miles from the film location!

The Mysterious Calisuri

JRandomRohirrim
Rohan

Oct 27 2007, 4:50pm

Post #2 of 5 (456 views)
Shortcut
Wow, if you're only 3 miles away and YOU don't think you can sneak in... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm about 300 miles away, so I don't have a hope in hell of sneaking in!

The Inquirer has had some interesting photos, and the unofficial movie blog linked to these, too.

Hey, it looks like I may be able to kill the the boycottnewline.com domain in the not-too-distant future!

Elven
Valinor

Oct 28 2007, 2:04am

Post #3 of 5 (412 views)
Shortcut
Thankyou! // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Road Goes Ever On and On ...
Happy 70th Birthday to The Hobbit!!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
..*sing & sway* "All we are saying ..Is Give Pete A Chance" ...
"Your friends are with you Peter"
Let the Hobbit Happen!!!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 28 2007, 12:26pm

Post #4 of 5 (406 views)
Shortcut
OMG! I'm so excited !! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Three miles away!? *spasm* How the heck can you sleep at night!!!!????

These are awesome pictures! You're SO COOL to get these to us!

I'll betcha Peter chose this spot precisely BECAUSE of the River the Mushrooms and the fantastic lands :D

This is awesome... they have the elbow-DOG TOO!! *squeeee*

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

Eregian
The Shire

Oct 28 2007, 1:12pm

Post #5 of 5 (403 views)
Shortcut
Spot on [In reply to] Can't Post

The neighborhood look is perfect Tongue

Exactly as I imagined a middle class suburbia in 70ies America. And how indeed can you sleep at night! One of PJ's projects may incorporate World War 1, so I hope he'll visit Belgium one day too, even if it is only for scouting purposes.

I do feel like a geek at the moment Sly

Run you pigeon's, it's Robert Frost!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.