Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Dark Side of the Moon/ The Wizard of Oz
Poll: Dark Side of the Moon/ The Wizard of Oz
Intentional
Coincidence
It doesn't sync at all
I've never witnessed this
View Results (16 votes)

Longbottom Leaf
Rivendell

Sep 12 2012, 1:53am

Post #1 of 12 (417 views)
Shortcut
Dark Side of the Moon/ The Wizard of Oz Can't Post

I recently watched The Wizard of Oz while listening to Pink Floyd's album Dark Side of the Moon. While I have done this many times in the past 15 years it has been quite a few years since the last time and once again I was blown away. Not only because of the ridiculous manner in which the two sync up but also because I'd nearly forgotten how unbelievably incredible that album is. So anyway just about every time I've done this ( about a bakers dozen or so ) it's been with different people and the age old debate always comes up. Was this done intentionally or is it just a strange coincidence? Some folks might even say that I'm nuts and that the two have no correlation whatsoever. In my opinion the two definitely sync up and I believe that it is not too farfetched to say it was intentional. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Escapist
Gondor

Sep 12 2012, 2:03am

Post #2 of 12 (181 views)
Shortcut
I lean towards intentional. [In reply to] Can't Post

It is unlikely that such a thing would happen by coincidence - although I think there is enough reasonable doubt to avoid conviction, it seems.
But what does it mean? That part - the interpretation of what statement is being made in such a coordination - is not as obvious and we may never know for sure. It isn't even obvious that it is supposed to mean anything at all. But it might.

macfalk
Valinor

Sep 12 2012, 6:45am

Post #3 of 12 (153 views)
Shortcut
Option 5! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have never seen The Wizard of Oz, nor have I heard the any songs from that album! Cool

Spencissimus
Lorien

Sep 13 2012, 12:31am

Post #4 of 12 (103 views)
Shortcut
You haven't seen the Wizard of Oz?!? [In reply to] Can't Post

Macfalk, you must get on to that right away! You're missing out on one of the greatest films ever made!

Longbottom Leaf
Rivendell

Sep 13 2012, 1:10am

Post #5 of 12 (108 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's all I can say!

Longbottom Leaf
Rivendell

Sep 13 2012, 1:15am

Post #6 of 12 (135 views)
Shortcut
Yeah it's true [In reply to] Can't Post

There's no way of knowing for sure, but it does seem to be quite a bit for coincidence to explain. As far as what it means...hmm. I never really thought of that before. Probably nothing. It's just a really cool thing

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 13 2012, 8:46am

Post #7 of 12 (118 views)
Shortcut
Just don't watch the "sequel" ... / [In reply to] Can't Post

sam90
Lorien

Sep 16 2012, 6:06pm

Post #8 of 12 (91 views)
Shortcut
Wizard Of OZ [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha! just happen to have seen The Wizard Of Oz for the first time yesterday. I understand now why it is a classic that is not forgotten. I was surprised of the result for a 1939 movie. I don't really know why but somehow some of the green munchkins almost made me think of old Tom Bombadil! Well, I am glad to have seen it, it is since childhood that I've heard of TWOO without knowing exactly what the story (of the book & film) was about...

(This post was edited by sam90 on Sep 16 2012, 6:08pm)

wendy woo
Rivendell

Sep 18 2012, 12:39am

Post #9 of 12 (98 views)
Shortcut
They used Eclipse in the Olympic Opening Ceremonies [In reply to] Can't Post

If you saw the Opening ceremonies, you would have heard Eclipse at the very end of the performance right before the fireworks. It was very effective, especially since the organizers made a point of highlighting Brit Pop and Rock from the '60's to the present day.

Longbottom Leaf
Rivendell

Sep 18 2012, 2:41am

Post #10 of 12 (127 views)
Shortcut
Nice! I didn't catch that// [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 26 2012, 5:44pm

Post #11 of 12 (51 views)
Shortcut
Coincidental [In reply to] Can't Post

Strange and interesting, but that's kind of how a lot of coincidences are.

P.S. Totally agree on the album! Still incredible after all these years.

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Sep 26 2012, 6:30pm

Post #12 of 12 (199 views)
Shortcut
Neither Heard Nor Seen? [In reply to] Can't Post

Those two claims together are so unbelievably unlikely and, frankly, socially and culturally unforgivable, that anything you say going forward is utterly suspect. Tongue

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.