Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Stamps and Coins to Features Elves, Men and Dwarves

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 11 2012, 9:01am

Post #1 of 16 (469 views)
Shortcut
Stamps and Coins to Features Elves, Men and Dwarves Can't Post

From New Zealand Post

New Zealand Post is set to produce stamps and commemorative coins featuring some of the unique characters of Middle-earth later in the year.

And the first stamp has been revealed.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 11 2012, 1:03pm

Post #2 of 16 (183 views)
Shortcut
Coins [In reply to] Can't Post

Ill probably get a couple of stamps as well as a coin or two if they do different ones. Maybe if they do a coin for each character they will do a set where you can just buy them all and save $.

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 11 2012, 4:25pm

Post #3 of 16 (159 views)
Shortcut
I know I won't be able to resist ;-D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 11 2012, 4:30pm

Post #4 of 16 (222 views)
Shortcut
Agreed :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 13 2012, 11:07am

Post #5 of 16 (156 views)
Shortcut
Those coins will be freakishly expensive... [In reply to] Can't Post

... with The Hobbit having a primary cast of 15 characters, as opposed to LOTR's 9, I expect the set to be quite expensive Frown

The Plan 9 Interview... in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the release of The Fellowship of the Ring.

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 13 2012, 11:18am

Post #6 of 16 (139 views)
Shortcut
That's true [In reply to] Can't Post

This set won't be cheap at all. It will be something put together over time if it's close to affordable if not I'll just get a couple and call it a day. Weta is going to keep me busy the hobbit collecting wise.

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 13 2012, 11:38am

Post #7 of 16 (133 views)
Shortcut
Lock up our bank cards! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's the only way!

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 13 2012, 12:39pm

Post #8 of 16 (148 views)
Shortcut
That's no joke. lol [In reply to] Can't Post

iandea14
Rivendell

Sep 13 2012, 5:24pm

Post #9 of 16 (154 views)
Shortcut
U.S.? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's awesome, is there anyway to get some of those in the United States?

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 13 2012, 6:39pm

Post #10 of 16 (138 views)
Shortcut
I would think so [In reply to] Can't Post

Youll just have to buy it from that site or at worst eBay.

iandea14
Rivendell

Sep 13 2012, 11:32pm

Post #11 of 16 (115 views)
Shortcut
Yup [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll just have to find a way! It'll be worth it!

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 13 2012, 11:35pm

Post #12 of 16 (146 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

the_argonath
Lorien

Sep 14 2012, 8:38pm

Post #13 of 16 (130 views)
Shortcut
I wonder if... [In reply to] Can't Post

... there will be a presentation stamp pack like the LotR ones? It'd be nice to get my hands on a set before they become incredibly rare like the FotR set.....

~*Haudh-en-Ndengin the Elves named it, the Hill of Slain, and Haugh-en-Nirnaeth, the Hill of tears... the earth beneath which the swords of the Eldar and the Edain crumbled into rust*~

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Sep 16 2012, 9:27pm

Post #14 of 16 (155 views)
Shortcut
presentation sets [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope so, too. I missed out on the FotR stamp set, though I did get the TTT and RotK presentation packs, as well as a couple of the coin sets. I managed to get the stamps through a company that had a LotR collectibles hour on QVC at the time - I forget its name, though.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

the_argonath
Lorien

Sep 18 2012, 1:04pm

Post #15 of 16 (138 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

I managed to get TTT, RotK & a NZ one on ebay and only ever seen one FotR one on there which went for a ridiculous amount of money Unsure

~*Haudh-en-Ndengin the Elves named it, the Hill of Slain, and Haugh-en-Nirnaeth, the Hill of tears... the earth beneath which the swords of the Eldar and the Edain crumbled into rust*~

Ann Kalagon
The Shire

Sep 26 2012, 5:26am

Post #16 of 16 (264 views)
Shortcut
stamping bonuses [In reply to] Can't Post

After the item appeared in TORN news, I registered at the New Zealand post website for news of the stamp issues.

Today, I got a packet in the mail (intended for stamp collectors), with a couple brochures about other issues. One was Maori art and another was Tiki Tours. Good stuff.

And, they put in a bonus of two complementary stamps: a 2010 Year of the Tiger stamp and a (2003?) Monarch butterfly.

For those who missed the LotR movie issues, NZ, Isle of Man, etc., you can get them on ebay if you are patient and search and watch for the right bargain for you.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.