Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Contact Alan Lee by Mail?

wolfgirl27

Sep 10 2012, 4:04pm

Post #1 of 6 (228 views)
Shortcut
Contact Alan Lee by Mail? Can't Post

Hey guys, I'm new to this so hopefully this isn't posted somewhere else...I want to mail a letter to Alan Lee but it seems impossible to find an address to send it to!! Does anyone know how to contact him by mail? Thanks a bunch!!

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 10 2012, 4:50pm

Post #2 of 6 (97 views)
Shortcut
he keeps a pretty low online profile [In reply to] Can't Post

He doesn't have an official site to showcase his work, for example... where Howe and Nasmith do.

Having a low online profile means that finding his management company (should he have one) might be hard. Sometimes you can notify people through their publishers so you could check on recent books he might have published to see if that avenue would work.

The other suggestion is to ask at your library. Those research librarians are whizzes at finding info and they may be able to find an official or professional contact conduit for him.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Sep 10 2012, 4:50pm)

wolfgirl27

Sep 12 2012, 1:48pm

Post #3 of 6 (75 views)
Shortcut
Thanks a lot! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the suggestions! I will contact his publishers and see if they can do it.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 12 2012, 6:05pm

Post #4 of 6 (72 views)
Shortcut
As a general rule, [In reply to] Can't Post

we will not allow personal contact information to be posted on the message boards, in the unlikely event anyone had it. Magpie has some great advice, and good luck contacting Alan Lee through his publisher.

They probably won't give you any personal contact information, either, but they can probably forward any message to him.

wolfgirl27

Sep 12 2012, 8:04pm

Post #5 of 6 (71 views)
Shortcut
Completely understand [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to actually get his personal address. I certainly understand why that shouldn't be posted publicly. I was more so hoping someone may have sent a letter to an organization that worked with him that could pass it along. I've figured it out though :) thanks for the help again and sorry for not making myself more clear.

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 12 2012, 8:36pm

Post #6 of 6 (98 views)
Shortcut
Or they might provide his agent's contact info. [In reply to] Can't Post

Or whatever kind of representation an artist would have.

I just know that's what I've generally been able to get the couple times I wanted to contact a celebrity.

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.