Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Movie Music Trivia Game #2

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 26 2007, 4:51am

Views: 1002
Shortcut
Movie Music Trivia Game #2 Can't Post

...although, this isn't a music game this week. There's lots to hear when watching the movies besides music. This week, I concentrated on the sounds associated with the Ring. I have prepared 10 soundfiles, some only a few seconds long, that feature a sound (or series of sounds) associated with the One Ring. (This would have been a good debut quiz for the new forums here at TheOneRing... if I had thought of it then.)

Your task will be to identify what scene or action is happening. In each case, you should be able to specifiy your description to include the Ring. I suspect this may be very hard. I will give some clues and will not consider it a loss in points if you read them. I'm thinking that, even if you can't identify many, it will still be an intriguing endeavor to listen to these sounds more closely than you may have before. But I only know you're participating if you post, so lurkers show yourself and give me a clue that you're out there. Movie Music Mini-Magpie Mathoms go out to all participants.

To get started, visit THIS PAGE to find the links.

Clues:

The first, is obvious... all clips are associated with The One Ring... the Ring... not the website. The rest of the clues are in hidden text below.

• The soundclips are: numbered by order they appear in the movie. #1 is heard first... and #10 last.

• The movies the soundclips are from:
    • FOTR: clips 1 - 5

• TTT: clips 6 - 8

• ROTK: clips 9 - 10

• Places associated with each clip.
  1. Bag End

2. Bag End

3. Rivendell

4. Lothlorien

5. Amon Hen

6. Dead Marshes

7. Henneth Annun

8. Osgiliath

9. Crack of Doom

10. Crack of Doom

Answers will be posted Friday... if I can. Over the weekend if not Friday.

Remember: humorous replies and discussion of sound clips counts as participation!

no longer just aMagpie... I'm now *the* Magpie

Subject User Time
Movie Music Trivia Game #2 Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Feb 26 2007, 4:51am
    Interesting to hear these without other sounds linkin-artelf Send a private message to linkin-artelf Feb 26 2007, 7:16am
    Very cool! weaver Send a private message to weaver Feb 27 2007, 3:14am
        err.. Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Feb 27 2007, 4:29am
    Wow FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Feb 27 2007, 9:59am
    That was fun! Trixie Hobbit Send a private message to Trixie Hobbit Feb 27 2007, 2:32pm
    Excellent! Lossefalme Send a private message to Lossefalme Feb 28 2007, 1:21am
    Answers to Game #2 Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 15 2007, 8:04pm
        test Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 24 2007, 3:00pm
            Altaira said... FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Mar 24 2007, 3:29pm
                ahhh... I got it! Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 24 2007, 3:30pm
                    I know FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Mar 24 2007, 3:45pm
                        which means... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 24 2007, 3:50pm
                            That's right FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Mar 24 2007, 9:07pm
                                lol... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 24 2007, 9:33pm
                                    Cheers! FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Mar 24 2007, 10:01pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.