Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Extra confirmation of the end *Spoliers*
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Sep 9 2012, 8:39pm

Post #1 of 35 (3824 views)
Shortcut
Extra confirmation of the end *Spoliers* Can't Post

Apologies if this has been noted but I think this nails it.

This is the original film synopsis released by WB:

“The Hobbit” follows the journey of title character Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman), who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey (Ian McKellen), Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage). Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers"

However the equivalent synopsis from the new app reads just as above (minus the actors names) until we get to:

"Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Sorcerors"

You will note that the Giant Spiders and Shapeshifters are now missing.

LR

(This post was edited by Lacrimae Rerum on Sep 9 2012, 8:41pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 9 2012, 8:41pm

Post #2 of 35 (1573 views)
Shortcut
Stop ruining it for us optimists [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink
Evidence gradually stacking up...

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

imin
Valinor

Sep 9 2012, 9:02pm

Post #3 of 35 (1208 views)
Shortcut
Hmm it does sound like it is all but confirmed now [In reply to] Can't Post

For one i am pleased. I have always felt three films was a terrible idea - for just the hobbit story. I have come around to the idea now that we are getting lots of extra stuff and with that in mind having the split at the escape from Thranduil's halls on barrels is crazy as its way too much for one film in relation to the other two films - my worry being either film 2 or 3 would be mostly filler.

I am disappointed i wont get to see Beorn or Mirkwood but then if it makes a better film overall - i think it will, then i am pleased about it.

Confirming it for the optimists i think! Smile

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Sep 9 2012, 9:04pm

Post #4 of 35 (1422 views)
Shortcut
It's been a good run for those hoping for more... [In reply to] Can't Post

Everyone seemed convinced for a while that a splitting point somewhere in Mirkwood was inevitable, which wouldn't have been too egregious, IMO...but it seems that the light of the "post-Misty Mountains ending for AUJ" star wanes in the growing shadow of Appron. Wink

Ironically, PJ was careful not to fully reveal anything pertaining to "Film 1" in the vlogs...but now quite a bit of what we saw them filming for Film 1 (Mirkwood, Bilbo in the tree/Thorin shooting the stag, Legolas/someone approximating Tauriel fighting Orcs ETC), should have been verboten as it's now going to in Film 2! Cool

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Sep 9 2012, 9:06pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Sep 9 2012, 9:19pm

Post #5 of 35 (1197 views)
Shortcut
Yes we got that for free [In reply to] Can't Post

Since they thougt that would belong to another film order, two instead three. I´m happy however, find Mirkwood in film 2 makes more sense to me. The only worry is that everything happens too fast on film 3, Smaug and BOFA

I can not guarantee his safety - understood...
Nor will I be responsible for his fate - Doh!

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 9 2012, 9:28pm

Post #6 of 35 (1285 views)
Shortcut
The only reasonable explanation is [In reply to] Can't Post

They are planning on making a quadrilogy. You heard it here first!Laugh

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Sep 9 2012, 9:30pm)

imin
Valinor

Sep 9 2012, 9:31pm

Post #7 of 35 (1097 views)
Shortcut
Haha [In reply to] Can't Post

There isnt an emoticon for head exploding but that would be how i would feel if they did decide on four movies Tongue

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Sep 9 2012, 9:31pm

Post #8 of 35 (1043 views)
Shortcut
mmm four movies [In reply to] Can't Post

tastySmile

I can not guarantee his safety - understood...
Nor will I be responsible for his fate - Doh!

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 9 2012, 9:36pm

Post #9 of 35 (1114 views)
Shortcut
We shouldn't joke [In reply to] Can't Post

It might come true!

Liking the new avatar iminSmile. I almost didn't recognise you!

imin
Valinor

Sep 9 2012, 9:41pm

Post #10 of 35 (1079 views)
Shortcut
It may come true [In reply to] Can't Post

From now on with the change from 2 to 3 and then change of endings i am expecting anything could happen!

Oh and thanks, its a picture i have really liked for a while and shows what i think is a great Thorin :) Old Bombadils house was getting a little old.

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 9 2012, 9:45pm

Post #11 of 35 (1124 views)
Shortcut
Doesn't look too dissimilar to Armitage [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially the face. Longer beard and hair on film Thorin and it would be a match.

Certainly would be unexpected if they decided on four films! Perhaps they want to do the bridge film after all. Let the speculation beginWink

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Sep 9 2012, 9:46pm)

macfalk
Valinor

Sep 9 2012, 9:46pm

Post #12 of 35 (1010 views)
Shortcut
I am surprised. [In reply to] Can't Post

I must say, not even in my wildest dreams would I have expected TH to end before Beorn's. Unthinkable. Anywhere between Beorn's or Mirkwood seems like a good split to me...but not before.

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

mandel
Rivendell

Sep 9 2012, 10:00pm

Post #13 of 35 (965 views)
Shortcut
Possession [In reply to] Can't Post

In the near future: the spirit of Robert Jordan possesses PJ, and he decides to make a film trilogy for each chapter of TH.

After a decade, with the series still incomplete, Christopher Lee passes away and Ian McKellan becomes too elderly to continue. So, PJ uses cutting edge Tupac hologram technology to press on with their likenesses anyways.

15 years later, each film of each of these trilogies has split into a trilogy, so that now there's a projected trilogy of trilogies for each chapter. Christopher Tolkien is now long dead, and PJ imports flashbacks to each of the major events in the history of Arda from the rest of the legendarium.

10 years after this, PJ himself is dead, and Kevin J. Anderson takes over writing the remaining screenplays, while an elderly but still spry Andy Serkis is promoted from 2nd unit director to film director. By now, cinema has largely become a thing of the past, and the finally completed 171 film series inspires a nostalgic revival of the medium. Each film earns over a billion dollars, and New Line Cinema finally surpasses Apple as the wealthiest corporation on the planet.

The...end

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 9 2012, 10:10pm

Post #14 of 35 (929 views)
Shortcut
Is this before or after the invasion of 3D characters? [In reply to] Can't Post

The technology becomes so amazing that the characters are actually bought to life. Cinemas close after the remake of Free Willy when the audience are crushed from a 3 tonne whale. Luckily, they were able to use the disaster for Free Willy 7: Attack of the Big Willy.

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Sep 9 2012, 10:11pm)

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Sep 9 2012, 10:11pm

Post #15 of 35 (989 views)
Shortcut
Sorry DB [In reply to] Can't Post

Not trying to put the mockers on anything but only just spotted it.

I can't think of any other reason why those two particular terms would be excised from an otherwise identical synopsis, I'm afraid.

LR

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 9 2012, 10:13pm

Post #16 of 35 (983 views)
Shortcut
It doesn't bode well ... [In reply to] Can't Post

You're right - the only reason why they would remove them is if the film has changed Frown

Apexman13
Bree

Sep 9 2012, 10:48pm

Post #17 of 35 (893 views)
Shortcut
So many Negative Nellies around here! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad they are cutting Mirkwood out. There is plenty of material for film 1 and ending it after the Eagle rescue is perfect in my mind.

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 9 2012, 10:59pm

Post #18 of 35 (937 views)
Shortcut
I'm all for a film with no spiders! [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if it means I have to close my eyes in part of the next film.

Crunchable Birdses
Rohan

Sep 9 2012, 11:10pm

Post #19 of 35 (882 views)
Shortcut
Great [In reply to] Can't Post

The film would have been way too bloated with everything up to the elves in it.

Just far too many random encounters with monsters and key characters being introduced late in the film.

* crunch *

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Sep 9 2012, 11:33pm

Post #20 of 35 (878 views)
Shortcut
3 movies was stretching it too thin now you want 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

god help us all Wink Please don't give PJ any ideas DanielLB Crazy

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Foromir
Rivendell

Sep 9 2012, 11:42pm

Post #21 of 35 (942 views)
Shortcut
And even more confirmation... [In reply to] Can't Post

Might have been mentioned before, but in the app they also list all the cast right down to Bret McKenzie, Conan Stevens and Manu Bennett...but no mention of Mikael Persbrandt, Lee Pace or -gasp - Evangeline Lilly anywhere!

Like it or not...the eagle ending is settled folks!

Yngwulff
Gondor

Sep 9 2012, 11:55pm

Post #22 of 35 (866 views)
Shortcut
Mixed feelings [In reply to] Can't Post

Wanted to see more "miles" for the Dwarves, but looking forward to more detail for the "miles" the do travel, so it's all good in da hood.

Take this Brother May it Serve you Well
Vote for Pedro!

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Sep 9 2012, 11:57pm

Post #23 of 35 (830 views)
Shortcut
Just in case [In reply to] Can't Post

Just in case WB hammering us over the head with an image of the ending of the movie wasn't enough, this is kind of like waving a sign in front of our faces.

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

HiddenSpring
Lorien

Sep 9 2012, 11:58pm

Post #24 of 35 (853 views)
Shortcut
Well, good [In reply to] Can't Post

At least now we'll get the 30 minute love scene between Gandalf and Galadriel (in slow mo) that would have otherwise been dumped into the extended edition.

Now all they have to do is turn the encounter with the trolls into a 60 minute battle, and show the Shire scenes in real time, and we might just get an "epic" film that ends at the eagles Smile

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Sep 10 2012, 12:03am

Post #25 of 35 (805 views)
Shortcut
Unfortunatly, you're probably not that far off! ;P // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.