Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
"Kicks In Door!* It's FIESTA FRIDAY!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 7 2012, 4:02pm

Post #1 of 52 (329 views)
Shortcut
"Kicks In Door!* It's FIESTA FRIDAY!! Can't Post

Happy Friday One and All! Our lovely Altaira has been waylaid by grown-up responsibilities, so how 'bout I serve up some interesting concoctions while you tell us about your week and any weekend plans?

The weather is finally cooling off here in Michigan, and I'm off to see my Mom for the weekend after working Saturday morning. LOVE SWEATER WEATHER!!! :D

*slides quarter into jukebox* Bob Seger and his Old Time Rock n' Roll LIVE

sample
sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 7 2012, 4:07pm

Post #2 of 52 (112 views)
Shortcut
Hey gramma! Just stopping by [In reply to] Can't Post

Have to get some work done, but I have time for a quick one. Not much planned for this weekend, after several weeks of travel.

I hosted a couple of the TORN folk this week on their drive back to LA from Dragon Con. They stopped by Wheaton College in the suburbs here and saw JRR Tolkien's desk where he wrote The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings and Quickbeam signed a copy of the People's Guide to Middle Earth. They're in Yellowstone now and it looks like they're having a grand time.

Weather is a little rainy today here, but looks to be nice for the weekend. I'll have a scotch, neat, for now. Have fun with your mom!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 7 2012, 4:08pm

Post #3 of 52 (106 views)
Shortcut
Sweater weather! [In reply to] Can't Post

The weatherpeople here in North Texas all agree that the heat wave will break tonight with a strong cold front, cold being relative, of course. Not that we're getting down to actual sweater weather any time soon, but still, 80s will look a lot better than 100s. And maybe, early in the morning, the temperature will be in the 60s---ah, bliss!

It's funny how even the trees and plants seem to breathe a sigh of relief when fall rolls around.

I'll grab a quick frappuccino please, m'dear. I don't know why my brain insists on dithering around with the to-do list until late morning and/or late afternoon and only then kicks into gear. I'm a natural-born procrastinator, I fear. It's just as well we have no plans for the weekend whatsoever.

Have a great weekend with your Mom!

*stuffs tip jar with football schedules---it's that time of year again*

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 7 2012, 4:13pm

Post #4 of 52 (103 views)
Shortcut
Howdy entmaiden :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I tossed some rocks in there just out of hobbit.

I WISH WISH WISH I could have gone to both conventions! What an adventure! I'd also love to tag-along with those traveller

Have a wonderful weekend!! It's great to see you!

sample
sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 7 2012, 4:16pm

Post #5 of 52 (119 views)
Shortcut
Tolkien's desk? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh my. It must glow in the dark with all the wonderful energy that it absorbed as the good Professor toiled away. Wow.

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 7 2012, 4:16pm

Post #6 of 52 (142 views)
Shortcut
You've been frapped! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Finally a break in the weather!! Wow... I just learned BEST cider mill and apple farm here in mid-Michigan totally lost their crop. I mean, their whole year is all about their farm that's full of rides, games, player-piano, home-made donuts/pies/pastries, and watching the cider press is dead this fall. So sad. I'm SO glad your plant-life (and you) will finally get a break :)

Have a wonderful weekend!!

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 7 2012, 4:19pm

Post #7 of 52 (95 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

How sad to hear about the apple farm. How will all the Merrys and Pippins of the area get along without their apples? I've been buying Braeburns from New Zealand and lingering over every bite, visualizing the Shire.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 7 2012, 4:19pm

Post #8 of 52 (98 views)
Shortcut
I wonder [In reply to] Can't Post

if there are burn marks from his pipe's hot tobacco tipping onto the surface ;)

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 7 2012, 4:20pm

Post #9 of 52 (88 views)
Shortcut
Ohhhh... blissssss.... /// [In reply to] Can't Post

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

sherlock
Gondor

Sep 7 2012, 4:20pm

Post #10 of 52 (108 views)
Shortcut
Wish it was sweater weather here! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's still hot, unfortunately. My granddaughter is coming for a visit & I haven't seen her in two weeks. I can't wait!

Since I'm eating chocolate pie & ice cream right now I think I'll skip the drink.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Enjoy your time with your Mom, gramma!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 7 2012, 4:22pm

Post #11 of 52 (146 views)
Shortcut
Hmm...let's see...how about a mocha frappuccino? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's in the 80's here today, and muggy - send some of that nice cooler Autumn air our way, please, gramma! Laugh

Oh, good, you'll get to see your mom this weekend! I'm going to relax, do some housework and a bit of outdoors work, and keep an eye on how things are with my eldest - her ageing, sweet calico kitty has a quickly-growing tumor, and she's at the stage of keeping her pain-free and comfortable. This is the hardest part of being a pet-owner, our "final obligation"! Unsure

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 7 2012, 4:22pm

Post #12 of 52 (115 views)
Shortcut
Have a great visit over to mom's gramma:). [In reply to] Can't Post

…they saw Goldberry, now small and slender, like a sunlit flower against the sky; she was standing still watching them, and her hands were stretched out toward them. As they looked she gave them a clear call, and lifting up her hand she turned and vanished behind the hill.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

"The original sin is to limit the Is. Don't" - Richard Bach

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 7 2012, 4:23pm

Post #13 of 52 (119 views)
Shortcut
Whew! Can't believe it's been a week already... [In reply to] Can't Post

...since the first day of LifeLight! Seems like it was just a couple of days ago...

As for the weekend, not much planned aside from probably going through some of the live show pictures that I took there. :)

A Summer Usual, please, gramma; thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 7 2012, 4:24pm

Post #14 of 52 (88 views)
Shortcut
oooo... yummm!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Unless you think you'll need some of this later on ;)

The cooler weather is coming! I PROMISE!

Have a great weekend!

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 7 2012, 4:26pm

Post #15 of 52 (94 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd forgotten that Wheaton had that. What was your impression of it?

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

sherlock
Gondor

Sep 7 2012, 4:27pm

Post #16 of 52 (92 views)
Shortcut
Lol, I may need that. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm looking forward to that cooler weather! Now I need to find some firewood for my wood stove.

DanielLB
Immortal

Post #17 of 52 (112 views)
Shortcut
Manic 30 minutes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I prepared earlier for my Want Hobbit Movie News? thread to be organised, and wanted to post it on the hour. I made it in word, pasted it into the window, only to find out the links didn't work! Spent the last 30 minutes fixing it all. The edit window on the thread has now passed, so it will have to do! Cool

Had a great (but busy) week. Plenty of work done, and now a nice sunny weekend to relax! We saw a man about a house this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed for the time meaning, but another move might be on the cards (this place was only a brief stop off!)

Have a great weekend gramma! Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #18 of 52 (94 views)
Shortcut
Mo-Frap!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Fersher!

I'm so sorry about your daughter's sweetie. That really is the worse part of having a pet... but I'm sure her Calico knows how great she's had it. The best life a kitty could ever hope for.

It was VERY hot and humid here up until today... so it's on the way! Have a peaceful weekend. I'll be thinking of you. *hugs*

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 7 2012, 4:28pm

Post #19 of 52 (91 views)
Shortcut
How weird is that?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just yesterday I was looking at pictures online of Tolkien's desk! I'd be there all the time if I lived there.

Have a lovely weekend entmaiden Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 7 2012, 4:29pm

Post #20 of 52 (94 views)
Shortcut
60 degrees? [In reply to] Can't Post

Time to get out your winter coats! Laugh

We always joke with my Austin brother about that, he has to pull out a sweater when it gets into the 70's. Wink

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Post #21 of 52 (110 views)
Shortcut
Just tea, thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm back from Dragon*Con and I brought some germs home with me. The dreaded con crud has caught up with me!

Dragon*Con was a blast, as always. My luggage didn't arrive the first day, or maybe it arrived but was picked up by someone else, we're still fuzzy on the details. But it showed up Friday morning so all was well.

I have pics from the convention up here, including pics of me in costume: http://s46.photobucket.com/...w2/DragonCon%202012/ I always wish I'd taken more pictures by the end of the weekend. I probably only photograph a tenth of the awesome things I see.

Assuming this cold doesn't kill me, I have to try on bridesmaid dresses this Saturday (and I thought I was done with weddings!) and then Haskell Indian Nations University is having their annual arts & crafts festival on Sunday. Plus I should consider unpacking my suitcase at some point. Laugh

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?
Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home and back by Dec. 2013
Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #22 of 52 (92 views)
Shortcut
Thanks sil! [In reply to] Can't Post

When I called to tell her I was taking the day off on Monday so we could have a goodly visit, she was so surprised! Now I've just got to put together a meatloaf and scalloped potatoes with home-made applesauce to take along ;)

Have a great weekend!

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 7 2012, 4:30pm

Post #23 of 52 (89 views)
Shortcut
Chocolate pie? [In reply to] Can't Post

Save some to share with your granddaughter! Have a great time together!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 7 2012, 4:31pm

Post #24 of 52 (90 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Evey!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you have an awesome weekend :) I'll bet you'll smile more than a couple of times going through your pics :)

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 7 2012, 4:32pm

Post #25 of 52 (90 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

For the drink - and the weather-to-come! Laugh

Yes, I keep telling her to give the kitty hugs and snuggles from me. And the kitty's been so uncomplaining through it all - she knows she's very well loved! Heart

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.