The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Couple of Screenshots from Lord of the Rings Online

Eothain
The Shire

Feb 26 2007, 3:02am

Post #1 of 19 (5176 views)
Shortcut
Couple of Screenshots from Lord of the Rings Online Can't Post

My Rohirrim outside the main entrance to The Prancing Pony in Bree, the Hobbit entrance is round the other side.

Interior shot - Prancing Pony.

Eothain
The Shire

Feb 27 2007, 1:41am

Post #2 of 19 (4619 views)
Shortcut
Elven Refuge [In reply to] Can't Post

The Elven refuge of Lin Giliath

priell3
Lorien

Feb 27 2007, 3:17pm

Post #3 of 19 (4603 views)
Shortcut
Installed Last Evening [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice screen shots.

I installed the Beta last night. It was late so I only toyed with it for a short time. My son is eager to get his hands on it.

Eothain
The Shire

Mar 1 2007, 4:51am

Post #4 of 19 (4584 views)
Shortcut
Rivendell [In reply to] Can't Post

The Last Homely House

Eothain
The Shire

Mar 1 2007, 4:53am

Post #5 of 19 (4578 views)
Shortcut
Inside [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hall of Fire

SandWitch King
Rohan

Mar 1 2007, 5:01pm

Post #6 of 19 (4569 views)
Shortcut
I LOVE all these shots [In reply to] Can't Post

I am going to be playing this game before long and really digging into it. Thanks a lot for sharing these shots.

Once upon a time I was MrCere. I still am but this name is for posting and being part of the community while that one is for official business. 8-)

diedye
Grey Havens

Mar 2 2007, 4:03am

Post #7 of 19 (4598 views)
Shortcut
Keep 'em coming!... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not a gamer, but I love the screenshots (minus the characters)... they are a work of art in their own right.

Thanks a lot for this... and I hope to see more of these! *cough*hint*Rivendell/Lothlorien*cough*hint*Smile

Eothain
The Shire

Mar 2 2007, 7:33am

Post #8 of 19 (4581 views)
Shortcut
If only...... [In reply to] Can't Post

The original release will only cover Eriador so sadly no Lothlorien yet.......I agree about the artwork though, it's truely amazing.

Eothain
The Shire

Mar 2 2007, 4:46pm

Post #9 of 19 (4565 views)
Shortcut
The Old Forest [In reply to] Can't Post

Old Man Willow

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Mar 2 2007, 4:53pm

Post #10 of 19 (4534 views)
Shortcut
re [In reply to] Can't Post

That pic doesn't do justice to how enormous Old Man Willow is in the game. Next time you're in the Forest, get a pic of Goldberry and one of Tom outside his house.

Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament... There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man's heart desires.

--J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter #43, to his son Michael

diedye
Grey Havens

Mar 2 2007, 8:27pm

Post #11 of 19 (4543 views)
Shortcut
Old Man Willow... [In reply to] Can't Post

Got these on-line...

http://www.stratics.com/...I_Old_Man_Willow.jpg

http://lotro.gamepressure.com/pic/2pic41.jpg

SandWitch King
Rohan

Mar 2 2007, 8:53pm

Post #12 of 19 (4544 views)
Shortcut
So I will be playing the game in a few weeks [In reply to] Can't Post

What do you recommend I do? I would love tips from FoP or anybody else with a little experience in the game, specific or general.

Once upon a time I was MrCere. I still am but this name is for posting and being part of the community while that one is for official business. 8-)

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 3 2007, 8:03pm

Post #13 of 19 (4545 views)
Shortcut
Question [In reply to] Can't Post

I think these screen shots are really lovely. But I wonder if I'd really like playing it. I'm not at all interested in fighting. I've played a lot of adventure games (like Myst...) but they are harder to find these days. My sons are big gamers and one had me create a character for World of Warcraft and play for a while. But it just doesn't appeal to me. Is this game battle/fight oriented like WoW?

no longer just aMagpie... I'm now *the* Magpie

Eothain
The Shire

Mar 4 2007, 12:53am

Post #14 of 19 (4556 views)
Shortcut
Depends what you mean [In reply to] Can't Post

There is an extensive crafting system if thats what you like. For roleplayers the taverns/Inns are fully interactive with seating & a range of drinks that do actually get your char drunk (different drinks even have different strengths) and there is an extensive list of emotes. For the entertainers there is a music system which really allows you to play music.....equiping an instrument assigns notes to your keyboard. All classes can play one instrument, but Minstrels can play any instrument in the game. There are 'mini' games too such as 'tag' and Devs have said that more of these will be added later (fishing has been mentioned) Much emphasis is also placed on exploration and learning the lore of Middle Earth.

Other players cannot attack you in open play. The Devs made it clear from the start that there would be no lore-breaking sights such as Elves hacking away at Hobbits in the Shire, so pvp is dealt with in the form of Monster Play. At level 10 you can log into the Ettenmoors area and become an Orc,Uruk,Spider or a Warg and fight against other players (you can take your player char' to the Ettenmoors once it reaches level 50) in sieges there.

Turbine (who run the US servers) have said that they will not dedicate a server to roleplay but Codemaster (who run the servers in Europe) seem quite keen on doing so.

Eothain
The Shire

Mar 4 2007, 5:01am

Post #15 of 19 (4622 views)
Shortcut
Rivendell [In reply to] Can't Post

Looking down into Rivendell Valley

(This post was edited by Eothain on Mar 4 2007, 5:01am)

Eothain
The Shire

Mar 5 2007, 1:35pm

Post #16 of 19 (4551 views)
Shortcut
Lone Lands [In reply to] Can't Post

Weathertop

Eothain
The Shire

Mar 14 2007, 3:40pm

Post #17 of 19 (4553 views)
Shortcut
Hobbiton [In reply to] Can't Post

Bywater Bridge & Sandymans Mill.

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 14 2007, 3:56pm

Post #18 of 19 (4558 views)
Shortcut
these are so pretty... has anyone done wallpaper sized images of these? n/t [In reply to] Can't Post

Asfaloth
The Shire

Apr 17 2007, 5:59pm

Post #19 of 19 (4932 views)
Shortcut
Does this game work on a Mac? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was wondering if anyone has played this game and how it compares to World of Warcraft online? It looks really cool though!

Noro Lim!
- Asfaloth

http://www.stormcrowpictures.com

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.