Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
TIME - October 25
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 25 2007, 8:48am

Post #1 of 74 (569 views)
Shortcut
TIME - October 25 Can't Post

Today in Middle-earth (it's a long, long meeting)

October 25, 3018 (S.R. 1418)
(from the appendices)
Council of Elrond.
..."Suddenly as they were talking a single clear bell rang out. 'That is the warning bell for the Council of Elrond,' cried Gandalf. 'Come along now! Both you and Bilbo are wanted.'
...Frodo and Bilbo followed the wizard quickly along the winding path back to the house; behind them, uninvited and for the moment forgotten, trotted Sam...
......Elrond was there, and several others were seated in silence about him. Frodo saw Glorfindel and Glóin; and in a corner alone Strider was sitting, clad in his old travel-worn clothes again. Elrond drew Frodo to a seat by his side, and presented him to the company, saying:
...'Here, my friends, is the hobbit, Frodo son of Drogo. Few have ever come hither through greater peril or on an errand more urgent...' ...And seated a little apart was a tall man with a fair and noble face, dark-haired and grey-eyed, proud and stern of glance... ...He gazed at Frodo and Bilbo with sudden wonder.
...Then all listened while Elrond in his clear voice spoke of Sauron and the Rings of Power, and their forging in the Second Age of the world long ago....

...'...What shall we do with the Ring, the least of rings, the trifle that Sauron fancies? That is the doom that we must deem.
...'That is the purpose for which you are called hither. Called, I say, though I have not called you to me, strangers from distant lands. You have come and are here met, in this very nick of time, by chance as it may seem. Yet it is not so. Believe rather that it is so ordered that we who sit here, and none others, must now find counsel for the peril of the world....'

......Boromir stood up, tall and proud, before them.... '...In this evil hour I have come on an errand over many dangerous leagues to Elrond... ...a dream came to my brother in a troubled sleep; and afterwards a like dream came oft to him again, and once to me. 'In that dream I thought the eastern sky grew dark and there was a growing thunder, but in the West a pale light lingered, and out of it I heard a voice, remote but clear, crying:

Seek for the Sword that was broken:

In Imladris it dwells;

There shall be counsel taken

Stronger than Morgul-spells.

There shall be shown a token

That Doom is near at hand,

For Isildur's Bane shall waken,

And the Halfling forth shall stand..

...Of these words we could understand little, and we spoke to our father, Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith, wise in the lore of Gondor. This only would he say, that Imladris was of old the name among the Elves of a far northern dale, where Elrond the Halfelven dwelt, greatest of lore-masters. Therefore my brother, seeing how desperate was our need, was eager to heed the dream and seek for Imladris; but since the way was full of doubt and danger, I took the journey upon myself. Loth was my father to give me leave, and long have I wandered by roads forgotten, seeking the house of Elrond, of which many had heard, but few knew where it lay.
...'And here in the House of Elrond more shall be made clear to you,' said Aragorn, standing up. He cast his sword upon the table that stood before Elrond, and the blade was in two pieces. 'Here is the Sword that was Broken!' he said.
...'And who are you, and what have you to do with Minas Tirith?' asked Boromir, looking in wonder at the lean face of the Ranger and his weather-stained cloak.
...'He is Aragorn son of Arathorn,' said Elrond; 'and he is descended through many fathers from Isildur Elendil's son of Minas Ithil. He is the Chief of the Dúnedain in the North, and few are now left of that folk.'
...'Then it belongs to you, and not to me at all!' cried Frodo in amazement, springing to his feet, as if he expected the Ring to be demanded at once.
...'It does not belong to either of us,' said Aragorn; 'but it has been ordained that you should hold it for a while.'

[Gandalf spoke] 'I was lulled by the words of Saruman the Wise; but I should have sought for the truth sooner, and our peril would now be less.'
...'We were all at fault,' said Elrond, 'and but for your vigilance the Darkness, maybe, would already be upon us. But say on!'
...'From the first my heart misgave me, against all reason that I knew,' said Gandalf, 'and I desired to know how this thing came to Gollum, and how long he had possessed it. So I set a watch for him, guessing that he would ere long come forth from his darkness to seek for his treasure. He came, but he escaped and was not found. And then alas! I let the matter rest, watching and waiting only, as we have too often done.
...'Time passed with many cares, until my doubts were awakened again to sudden fear. Whence came the hobbit's ring? What, if my fear was true, should be done with it? Those things I must decide. But I spoke yet of my dread to none, knowing the peril of an untimely whisper, if it went astray. In all the long wars with the Dark Tower treason has ever been our greatest foe.
...'That was seventeen years ago. Soon I became aware that spies of many sorts, even beasts and birds, were gathered round the Shire, and fear grew. I called for the help of the Dúnedain, and their watch was doubled; and I opened my heart to Aragorn, the heir of Isildur.'
...'And I,' said Aragorn, 'counselled that we should hunt for Gollum, too late though it may seem. And since all seemed fit that Isildur's heir should labour to repair Isildur's fault, I went with Gandalf on the long and hopeless search.'
...Then Gandalf told how they had explored the whole length of Wilderland, down even to the Mountains of Shadow and the fences of Mordor. 'There we had rumour of him, and we guess that he dwelt there long in the dark hills; but we never found him, and at last I despaired. And then in my despair I thought again of a test that might make the finding of Gollum unneeded. The ring itself might tell if it were the One. The memory of words at the Council came back to me: words of Saruman, half-heeded at the time. I heard them now clearly in my heart.
...'"The Nine, the Seven, and the Three," he said, "had each their proper gem. Not so the One. It was round and unadorned, as it were one of the lesser rings; but its maker set marks upon it that the skilled, maybe, could still see and read..."

...'...Very well, very well, Master Elrond!' said Bilbo suddenly. 'Say no more! It is plain enough what you are pointing at. Bilbo the silly hobbit started this affair, and Bilbo had better finish it, or himself. I was very comfortable here, and getting on with my book. If you want to know, I am just writing an ending for it. I had thought of putting: and he lived happily ever afterwards to the end of his days. It is a good ending, and none the worse for having been used before. Now I shall have to alter that: it does not look like coming true; and anyway there will evidently have to be several more chapters, if I live to write them. It is a frightful nuisance. When ought I to start?'
...Boromir looked in surprise at Bilbo, but the laughter died on his lips when he saw that all the others regarded the old hobbit with grave respect. Only Glóin smiled, but his smile came from old memories.'
...'Of course, my dear Bilbo,' said Gandalf. 'If you had really started this affair, you might be expected to finish it. But you know well enough now that starting is too great a claim for any, and that only a small part is played in great deeds by any hero.'

... ...The noon-bell rang. Still no one spoke. Frodo glanced at all the faces, but they were not turned to him. All the Council sat with downcast eyes, as if in deep thought. A great dread fell on him, as if he was awaiting the pronouncement of some doom that he had long foreseen and vainly hoped might after all never be spoken. An overwhelming longing to rest and remain at peace by Bilbo's side in Rivendell filled all his heart. At last with an effort he spoke, and wondered to hear his own words, as if some other will was using his small voice.
...'I will take the Ring,' he said, 'though I do not know the way.'"
[to be continued]

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 25 2007, 12:11pm

Post #2 of 74 (361 views)
Shortcut
A chance-meeting in Rivendell [In reply to] Can't Post

Borrowing from the title of Aunt Dora's story, if I may! But that's what this is: a "chance-meeting", which really is not by "chance", rather they were each placed in circumstances which caused them to be at a certain place at a certain time.

Aragorn has returned to his "incognito" guise! As if he were someone unimportant, a servant among the nobles. And it's almost as if Frodo's eager to give up the Ring to Aragorn, once he's told of his lineage; can't say that I blame him, at this point!

Boromir has so much yet to learn - about Hobbits, about ultimate duties, and about his own deepest desires. I wonder what he was thinking, in those still moments before Frodo said "I will take the Ring..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Morwen
Rohan

Oct 25 2007, 6:30pm

Post #3 of 74 (367 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Boromir's getting an education. [In reply to] Can't Post

No wonder he's amazed and doubtful when he learns of Aragorn's lineage. He may have thought the shabby man in the corner was there to take notes and fetch coffee. I don't think Boromir's accustomed to attending meetings in which he's not in a position of leadership, and this is his first encounter with hobbits. How is he supposed to know what to make of Bilbo's brave and simple offer? The man of Gondor did have a lot to think about.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've heard your anguish, I've heard your hearts cry out
We are tired, we are weary, but we aren't worn out
Set down your chains, until only faith remains
Set down your chains--Jewel

artaheri_elv
The Shire

Oct 25 2007, 7:46pm

Post #4 of 74 (373 views)
Shortcut
I always feel my heart tremble when I read Frodo's words: [In reply to] Can't Post

"'I will take the Ring,' he said, 'though I do not know the way.'" I always wonder how much or how little did he understand the scope of events he thus involved himself into. Was he even thinking about them? Was he wondering where these words would take him? And if he did, then one can only image how much courage it took to speak them.

"<...> only a small part is played in great deeds by any hero" - I've always felt this to be one of the little messages conveyed by the whole story. We have a proverb - "vienas lauke ne karys", which translates something like this "a lone man on a battlefield is no warrior". You need others to constitute an army, just as you need others to accomplish deeds that are to great for a single pair of hands. Though maybe I'm pushing this too far.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 26 2007, 2:34am

Post #5 of 74 (337 views)
Shortcut
"Take notes and fetch coffee"! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Can you just imagine, how different this Council is, from any council he's had to attend! He's probably already feeling out-of-place with the Elves and Dwarves there, and then to have it begin to dawn on him, that these Hobbits, although the size of children, are more assuredly mature and serious folk!

Not at all Gondorian high-society, I think!

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 26 2007, 2:45am

Post #6 of 74 (360 views)
Shortcut
No, not at all! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not pushing it at all! So many accomplishments in LotR would not have happened, had people acted alone.

Pippin could not have saved Faramir without Beregond; Éowyn could not have slain the Witch-king without Merry; and at the end, without Sam, and Gollum as well, Frodo could not have completed his Quest. All along the way, from that first moment in Bag End when Frodo knew he had to leave the Shire, someone has been there beside him, or meeting him and offering aid.

Yes, it took a Fellowship, and more, to carry out the destruction of the Ring!

And welcome to these Boards! Have you lived in Latvia all your life? Are you a book-firster or movie-firster?

artaheri_elv
The Shire

Oct 26 2007, 7:44am

Post #7 of 74 (348 views)
Shortcut
movie firster... [In reply to] Can't Post

and always a bit shy of this... Smile though I got the books and read them first thing after I saw FotR.

I'm not absolutely new here, just haven't been around for several years and decided to make a fresh beginning with a new nickname. It's so fun seeing so many of the "old crowd" here.

And you're quite good with your geography, though it's actually Lithuania (yeah, I was born here). I had to look up a map to find Connecticut, and I must admit I was sure it was somewhere near Texas... don't hit me... *cringes*

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Oct 26 2007, 7:54am

Post #8 of 74 (338 views)
Shortcut
Don't cringe: [In reply to] Can't Post

I would be willing to bet that a lot of people (far too many) born in the U.S. couldn't find Connecticut on a map either!

artaheri_elv
The Shire

Oct 26 2007, 8:17am

Post #9 of 74 (336 views)
Shortcut
Thanks. much relieved now [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 26 2007, 8:42am

Post #10 of 74 (344 views)
Shortcut
TIME - October 25 (continued) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thursday in Middle-earth... the sequel.

October 25, 3018 (S.R. 1418)
(not from the appendices—CONTINUED after the Council of Elrond]
"Later that day the hobbits held a meeting of their own in Bilbo's room. Merry and Pippin were indignant when they heard that Sam had crept into the Council, and he had been chosen as Frodo's companion.
...'It's most unfair,' said Pippin. 'Instead of throwing him out, and clapping him in chains, Elrond goes and rewards him for his cheek!'
...'Rewards!' said Frodo. 'I can't imagine a more severe punishment. You are not thinking what you are saying: condemned to go on this hopeless journey, a reward? Yesterday I dreamed that my task was done, and I could rest here, a long while, perhaps for good.'
...'I don't wonder,' said Merry, 'and I wish you could. But we are envying Sam, not you. If you have to go, then it will be a punishment for any of us to be left behind, even in Rivendell. We have come a long way with you and have been through some stiff times. We want to go on.'
...'That's what I meant, said Pippin. 'We hobbits ought to stick together, and we will. I shall go, unless they chain me up. There must be someone with intelligence in the party.'
...'Then you certainly will not be chosen, Peregrin Took!' said Gandalf, looking in through the window, which was near the ground. 'But you are all worrying yourselves unnecessarily. Nothing is decided yet.'
...'Nothing decided!' cried Pippin. 'Then what were you all doing? You were shut up for hours.'
...'Talking,' said Bilbo. 'There was a deal of talk, and everyone had an eye-opener. Even old Gandalf. I think Legolas's bit of news about Gollum caught even him on the hop, though he passed it off.'
...'You were wrong,' said Gandalf. 'You were inattentive. I had already heard of it from Gwaihir. If you want to know, the only real eye-openers, as you put it, were you and Frodo; and I was the only one that was not surprised.'
...'Well, anyway,' said Bilbo, 'nothing was decided beyond choosing poor Frodo and Sam. I was afraid all the time that it might come to that, if I was let off. But if you ask me, Elrond will send out a fair number, when the reports come in. Have they started yet, Gandalf?'
...'Yes,' said the wizard. 'Some of the scouts have been sent out already. More will go tomorrow. Elrond is sending Elves, and they will get in touch with the Rangers, and maybe with Tranduil's folk in Mirkwood. And Aragorn has gone with Elrond's sons. We shall have to scout the lands all round for many long leagues before any move is made. So cheer up, Frodo! You will probably make quite a long stay here.'
...'Ah!' said Sam gloomily. 'We'll just wait long enough for winter to come.'
...'That can't be helped,' said Bilbo. 'It's your fault partly Frodo my lad: insisting on waiting for my birthday. A funny way of honouring it, I can't help thinking. Not the day I should have chosen for letting the S.-Bs. into Bag End. But there it is: you can't wait now till spring; and you can't go till the reports come back.

... When winter first begins to bite
... and stones crack in the frosty night,
... when pools are black and trees are bare,
... 'tis evil in the Wild to fare.

But that I am afraid will be just your luck.'
...'I am afraid it will,' said Gandalf. 'We can't start until we have found out about the Riders.'
...'I thought they were all destroyed in the flood,' said Merry.
...'You cannot destroy Ringwraiths like that,' said Gandalf. 'The power of their master is in them, and they stand or fall by him. We hope that they were all unhorsed and unmasked, and so made for a while less dangerous; but we must find out for certain. In the meantime you should try and forget your troubles, Frodo. I do not know if I can do anything to help you; but I will whisper this in your ears. Someone said that intelligence would be needed in the party. He was right. I think I shall come with you.'
...So great was Frodo's delight at this announcement that Gandalf left the window-sill, where he had been sitting, and took off his hat and bowed. 'I only said I think I shall come. Do not count on anything yet. In this matter Elrond will have much to say, and your friend the Strider."

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 26 2007, 8:53am

Post #11 of 74 (324 views)
Shortcut
I've also thought of [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn changing into his "work" clothes. There is serious business ahead, and he knows as well (or better) than anyone there what's at stake and what sacrifices will be called for. He's in his war-gear; he's prepared for battle; the joy of being with Arwen in that fair house is over. That instant reminds me of later when he's preparing to leave with his head bowed.

I love how Elrond brings them all to note that they should "...Believe rather that it is so ordered that we who sit here, and none others, must now find counsel for the peril of the world...." For those who may not be aware of a higher power and how it works... gird yourselves; for you have been called upon to save the world. "Wow! What? I just came to ask about a dream."

Elrond also places Aragorn in his rightful place. Basically... here's your King. Follow him. Was part of Aragorn's purpose for wearing his work clothes so that these chosen ones would first behold him as a man/warrior of the world rather than a lordling in finery?

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 26 2007, 8:57am

Post #12 of 74 (320 views)
Shortcut
I can just imagine [In reply to] Can't Post

what Boromir was discussing with himself when he went to his quarters; storming about in his dilemma and frustration. His father must have warned him about the Elves. And now they want him to believe this vagrant is a king?

You're right... he is used to being the "best man of Gondor" and the apple of his father's eye. This all was a notch down for him, and it didn't sit too well, I'm thinking.

Hobbits indeed.

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 26 2007, 9:10am

Post #13 of 74 (329 views)
Shortcut
*mods up* Oh, Well said! [In reply to] Can't Post

You just gave me goosebumps. What a fantastic proverb... and it fits so well on the message Tolkien shares that we cannot stand alone, and the great deeds are accomplished only when everyone does their part.

Frodo stepping forward here always gives me a chill. I agree it was so courageous for him to speak those words. It breaks my heart.

Welcome! I'm so delighted you're here. What a wonderful, thoughtful post. I'm going to save this and keep it with my notes in my TIME posts :) Thank you!

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

artaheri_elv
The Shire

Oct 26 2007, 10:05am

Post #14 of 74 (334 views)
Shortcut
couldn't have done it without you, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just love your TIME posts, because somehow, when I read the books, I tend to just read them, without much pondering. Your posts really make me concentrate on a little bit at a time, see things I've never noticed before.

So thank you! Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 26 2007, 10:58am

Post #15 of 74 (354 views)
Shortcut
Hey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just shove aside New York, push up Massachusetts, and there it is!

Laugh

Rhode Island's a real problem...don't blink while you're driving on I-91, or you'll miss it...Wink

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 26 2007, 11:11am

Post #16 of 74 (331 views)
Shortcut
Oops! [In reply to] Can't Post

The trio of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia - I got the "L" countries mixed up! Blush That's okay about the location of my state, like Alcarcalime said, a lot of U.S. people can't place where every state is. Although I've got a brother living in Texas, and don't see him as often as I'd like, so yeah, it would be nice if the two states were closer...

What do you think of these new Boards! Go away for a bit, and they re-arrange the furniture, change the carpet, and put up new curtains...Laugh Welcome back!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 26 2007, 11:39am

Post #17 of 74 (349 views)
Shortcut
Someone with intelligence [In reply to] Can't Post

I can see Gandalf giving a twinkling sidelong glance at Pippin as he says, "Someone said that intelligence would be needed..." Wink

Bilbo must have wondered at that: Frodo selling his home - their home - to the S-B's on their birthday? Giving a "present" to someone who's been greedy for it! It ain't natural, and no good will come of it...

The introduction to "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil and other verses from the Red Book" contains this related verse, which Tolkien describes as a "scribble, on the page recording Bilbo's When winter first begins to bite":

...The wind so whirled a weathercock
...He could not hold his tail up;
...The frost so nipped a throstlecock
...He could not snap a snail up.
...'My case is hard' the throstle cried,
...And 'All is vane' the cock replied;
...And so they set their wail up.

Seems like Bilbo also enjoyed a good play-on-words!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 26 2007, 11:47am

Post #18 of 74 (322 views)
Shortcut
It does bring to mind [In reply to] Can't Post

Strider's words to the Hobbits in Bree: "I hoped you would take to me for my own sake". He's presenting himself, as he is: not a man of finery, but a man of travels and travails. Which kind of King do you want!

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Oct 26 2007, 1:41pm

Post #19 of 74 (328 views)
Shortcut
Okey, Dokey... [In reply to] Can't Post

I could find it on a map, though I've never been there. Most of my travelling has been in the western U.S.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 26 2007, 6:38pm

Post #20 of 74 (316 views)
Shortcut
*geeky hand-clapping* [In reply to] Can't Post

That was fun! -- a dillo!

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 26 2007, 7:06pm

Post #21 of 74 (317 views)
Shortcut
I'm trying to guess [In reply to] Can't Post

and having no luck. Any chance of a hint on your old nick? :-) (I was Karen back in the day)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." --Terry Pratchett

artaheri_elv
The Shire

Oct 26 2007, 7:59pm

Post #22 of 74 (318 views)
Shortcut
LilyHill. but that was a long time ago [In reply to] Can't Post

and usually I just "lurked" Smile

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 26 2007, 8:07pm

Post #23 of 74 (315 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad to see you de-lurking now :-) Welcome back!

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." --Terry Pratchett

Morwen
Rohan

Oct 26 2007, 8:12pm

Post #24 of 74 (318 views)
Shortcut
Strider [In reply to] Can't Post

In this matter Elrond will have much to say, and your friend the Strider."

It seems that Gandalf is already acknowledging Aragorn's leadership.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've heard your anguish, I've heard your hearts cry out
We are tired, we are weary, but we aren't worn out
Set down your chains, until only faith remains
Set down your chains--Jewel

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 26 2007, 8:45pm

Post #25 of 74 (314 views)
Shortcut
That's the problem with the eastern states [In reply to] Can't Post

Some of them are so small, it's easy to lose them! (That post above was a jest on my state's size - a take on the old "How did you find your steak, sir?" joke.)

I've had the opportunity to travel out West a couple of times, and have been overawed by how huge it is - both in scenery and in distances.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.