Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
How I want the beginning of The Hobbit to unravel...

revecus
The Shire

Aug 31 2012, 11:13am

Views: 1414
Shortcut
How I want the beginning of The Hobbit to unravel... Can't Post

Well, for the past months I was brainstorming on how I personally want the beginning of The Hobbit to play out...

What if, we are presented with the world of creationism (the first part from The Silmarillion, Ainulindalė and Valaquenta) Just like in The Lord of the Rings, we would have sequences of short intercepting narratives of how Middle-Earth was created; and the races subsequently... specifically concentrating on the hobbits (having in mind that the trilogy is called The Hobbit) We would have glimpses of the Holy Ones, the first elves, the dwarves etc.

This would be maybe the initial set up for a possible future Silmarillion adaptation. This sort of pre-prologue would be narrated by Bilbo Baggins (because he is a hobbit and once again, the movie is called The Hobbit) disclosing Frodo of this myth of creation. He then goes on telling Frodo of the adventure at hand as the movie opens up completely.

Mind, this is not how I THINK the movie will begin, but how I would like for it to begin. Maybe it is too far fetched for Peter having in mind that he is not keen on seeing magic in its full form (thus there might be a challenge to present the creationism as real as it can be)

How do you want the beginning to (prologue) to play out? Should there be a link to The Silmarillion in some way?

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it.
Pippin: What? Gandalf?... See what?
Gandalf: White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: [smiling] Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: [softly] No... No it isn't.

(This post was edited by revecus on Aug 31 2012, 11:14am)

Subject User Time
How I want the beginning of The Hobbit to unravel... revecus Send a private message to revecus Aug 31 2012, 11:13am
    Sounds similar to FotR's alternate opening // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 31 2012, 11:18am
        The rights.. TariArFiniel Send a private message to TariArFiniel Aug 31 2012, 11:32am
            Oh yes revecus Send a private message to revecus Aug 31 2012, 11:42am
            Well, I was referring to the alternate prologue QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 31 2012, 11:57am
                Ah! You're right! TariArFiniel Send a private message to TariArFiniel Aug 31 2012, 12:03pm
    Nah Crunchable Birdses Send a private message to Crunchable Birdses Aug 31 2012, 12:12pm
        Well, one of the things I like about... mandel Send a private message to mandel Aug 31 2012, 3:25pm
            Totally agree... adnan Send a private message to adnan Aug 31 2012, 8:13pm
    Dwarves Lost Hobbit Send a private message to Lost Hobbit Sep 1 2012, 1:48am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.