Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
World Hobbit Day “Picture Riddle” Game

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 31 2012, 9:09am

Views: 343
Shortcut
World Hobbit Day “Picture Riddle” Game Can't Post

In preparation for World Hobbit Day (22nd September), and since Delrond’s preview was so successful, I thought I would test my “Picture Riddle” game.

There are a couple of reasons for testing before the main event. Firstly, I want to make sure everyone understands the game - it would be awful if everyone was confused on the day! Secondly, I want to make sure that I have a mixture of easy and hard, and that the harder ones are not impossibly difficult. I also want to make sure that they are not too cryptic, and that the pictures are sufficient size for everyone to see. And thirdly, I want to make sure people enjoy it!

The aim of the game is to guess the character, location/place, or part of a well known sentence/poem, from the picture riddles. Some of them are (very) easy - you just have to literally take the pictures as the actual words (see example below). Some of the riddles require thinking outside of the box, or having an imagination (adding “ing” onto the end of words, for instance). Likewise, the riddles do not contain (common) words like: the, of, and, a, to, are ... and so on, so bare this in my mind.

I have tried to make them so that if you can guess at least half of the pictures, you should be able to deduct the rest. You may need your book handy for the more difficult ones.

Here is an example (in case all of the above has just gone “whoosh” over your head):

Answer below
Reading this literally, one would get | BARRELS | OUT | (james) BOND |. After a bit of thinking, you will eventually get “Barrels Out of Bond”, which, as we all know, is a chapter in The Hobbit.

All the riddles below are from The Lord of the Rings. I’ll be saving my Hobbit ones for a couple of weeks time. Smile

Understood? Good! I’ll start posting some of the riddles below. They’ll be separated into several posts, just to keep within TORn guidelines. Each post will have a mixture of easy (*), average (**), and hard (***) picture riddles.

I hope everyone enjoys, and feedback is most welcome. Especially if they are too cryptic and/or the pictures are too small.

Subject User Time
World Hobbit Day “Picture Riddle” Game DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 31 2012, 9:09am
    Round 1 DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 31 2012, 9:13am
        Hmmm. Delrond Send a private message to Delrond Aug 31 2012, 11:41am
        I'll give it a shot. Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Aug 31 2012, 1:27pm
        I am sure I nailed this! weaver Send a private message to weaver Sep 5 2012, 2:40am
    Round 2 DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 31 2012, 9:18am
        Hmm Don't know F QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 31 2012, 12:18pm
            Oh... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 31 2012, 12:34pm
            You got them all a lot quicker than I was expecting ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 31 2012, 1:24pm
                Well, they're certainly not too easy :P QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 31 2012, 1:29pm
                    Aha!! QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 31 2012, 1:33pm
                        Ding ding ding! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 31 2012, 1:41pm
                            I never would have guessed that. Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Aug 31 2012, 1:48pm
                                I'll have to be careful with Britisms! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 31 2012, 1:52pm
                                    I would think "Britishisms" should be perfectly allowable tennie75 Send a private message to tennie75 Aug 31 2012, 7:57pm
                                        only!! elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Aug 31 2012, 8:00pm
                                            there are rules? lol// tennie75 Send a private message to tennie75 Aug 31 2012, 8:02pm
                                                only if Daniel says there are, I say game on// elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Aug 31 2012, 8:04pm
                                On F QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 31 2012, 2:01pm
        Let's keep going. Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Aug 31 2012, 1:39pm
        Bam! Nailed them again! weaver Send a private message to weaver Sep 5 2012, 2:47am
            weaver, these answers are hilarious! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 5 2012, 7:30am
            Hahahaha! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 22 2012, 11:49pm
    Round 3 DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 31 2012, 1:59pm
        *studies up on British-isms* :-D Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Aug 31 2012, 2:08pm
            Why are we the only 2 playing?? This is fun // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 31 2012, 2:13pm
                Everyone else is scared! // Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Aug 31 2012, 2:15pm
                just now saw the thread, its a tough temptation not to look at the answers before I post elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Aug 31 2012, 6:17pm
                Try these ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 31 2012, 7:23pm
                    wow elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Aug 31 2012, 7:31pm
                    Twist my arm. Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Aug 31 2012, 7:42pm
                        *Humph* DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 31 2012, 7:48pm
                            WREN!!! thats the word I was looking for. FAIL for me// elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Aug 31 2012, 7:57pm
                            What is that from? Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Aug 31 2012, 10:49pm
                                It's a line in Beren's farewell song to Luthien DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 31 2012, 10:57pm
                Alassëa is right! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 22 2012, 11:58pm
        Um... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 31 2012, 2:12pm
            Your getting these all far too quick! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 31 2012, 2:22pm
                On the day, you should throw one in that doesn't mean anything... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 31 2012, 2:26pm
        I should be working elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Aug 31 2012, 6:15pm
        don't encourage me! :) weaver Send a private message to weaver Sep 5 2012, 2:46pm
            A serious laugh out loud DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 5 2012, 3:43pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.