Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
FotR, TT, and RotK 5 disc blu-ray sets
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Aug 26 2012, 3:53am

Post #1 of 60 (1461 views)
Shortcut
FotR, TT, and RotK 5 disc blu-ray sets Can't Post

I know they were talked about a while ago when they were first announced, but I haven't noticed anyone posting this yet.

http://www.wbshop.com/...Adventure&OYTSFI

It looks like they're using the same covers as the Limited Edition dvd releases.

I'm curious to find out if the FotR still has the green tint...

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Aug 26 2012, 3:55am)

Junesong
Rivendell

Aug 26 2012, 4:03am

Post #2 of 60 (871 views)
Shortcut
What's the difference? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was looking at this earlier - I have the Extended Edition Blu Ray in the goldish box thing. Looks like this is the same except without the behind the scenes?

I'm still waiting for the day when they can put the EE on ONE DISC. Maybe it's just extreme laziness but I don't like getting up to switch the discs.

"Tim... Canterbury... Canterbury Tales... Chaucer... Shakespeare."

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Aug 26 2012, 4:14am

Post #3 of 60 (859 views)
Shortcut
It's the same thing. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's just the same material from the box-set split into three. I'm pretty sure it has the bonus features, or each set wouldn't be five discs.

The only only difference I think there could possibly be would be a sneaky fix for the green tint.

So that would make THREE blu-ray releases with super double dipping with the bonus features...

When are we going to get the unreleased deleted scenes and bloopers?Mad

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Aug 26 2012, 4:15am)

Buchanicus
Lorien

Aug 26 2012, 4:33am

Post #4 of 60 (843 views)
Shortcut
Same as the box set [In reply to] Can't Post

These are the exactly the same as the box set from last year, just split into 3 sets with new art and packaging. Nothing new...although the packaging is nice and different, but the only reason you would need to get these sets would be if you were a completest wanting all of the different designs. (like me Smile)

TORn member formally known as ryan1976.

Spaldron
Rivendell

Aug 26 2012, 4:41am

Post #5 of 60 (834 views)
Shortcut
I hope they don't [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm still waiting for the day when they can put the EE on ONE DISC.

They could've done it but PJ insisted on two discs so as to not compromise the quality of the films by cramming them onto a single disc.

"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Aug 26 2012, 5:05am

Post #6 of 60 (827 views)
Shortcut
I think Junesong means [In reply to] Can't Post

That she or he hopes to see the day when the technology has advanced enough that you could fit the same amount of information on one disc, that you previously had to spread over two.

Junesong
Rivendell

Aug 26 2012, 7:53am

Post #7 of 60 (819 views)
Shortcut
Yup that's exactly what I mean [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't want to compromise quality either but I just thought on bluray that maybe I would finally have the whole move on one disc. I guess I'll have to wait for the next tech step.

"Tim... Canterbury... Canterbury Tales... Chaucer... Shakespeare."

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 26 2012, 9:10am

Post #8 of 60 (799 views)
Shortcut
Who's going to buy FOTR first to let us all know? ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Kendalf
Rohan

Aug 26 2012, 9:58pm

Post #9 of 60 (824 views)
Shortcut
I don't hold out any hope whatsoever... [In reply to] Can't Post

Considering the phenomenal ruckus on the internet (over a year ago now!) when these were first released, I'd have exected WB to make some sort of subtle, low-level announcement that this individual release was going to rectify the colour issue (they wouldn't want to promote it too vigorously in order to save money, obviously).

Nope, this single FotR will have exactly the same colour issues as last year's FotR. I'd bet my limbs on it. Frown

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Aug 26 2012, 10:19pm

Post #10 of 60 (790 views)
Shortcut
I thought you said [In reply to] Can't Post

'I will buy it. I will give my money to PJ, though I do not know the price.'

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 27 2012, 11:13am

Post #11 of 60 (768 views)
Shortcut
I will end up buying it regardless [In reply to] Can't Post

I cannae help myself Wink!

I was just wondering if anyone will have it in the near future?

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Aug 27 2012, 3:18pm

Post #12 of 60 (754 views)
Shortcut
Tomorrow [In reply to] Can't Post

The single extended edition blu-rays will be available tomorrow.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 27 2012, 5:03pm

Post #13 of 60 (769 views)
Shortcut
Be cool if anyone could let us know what it's like... [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if it's nothing new, it'd be cool to actually know what they include.

elevorn
Lorien

Aug 27 2012, 6:18pm

Post #14 of 60 (770 views)
Shortcut
green [In reply to] Can't Post

I know this has been talked about in other threads but I have the EE blu ray and I see no green tint to any of them. Got them for my birthday last year, watched them all in one weekend right after I had watched the EE dvd's. So idk if it is the TV's or the players people are using and seeing a green tint, or maybe I'm going color blind. The blu ray looks fantastic and yes it is that much better than the DVD, so however you do it buy the blu ray version. One of the biggest differences I notices was the sound quality.

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

imin
Valinor

Aug 27 2012, 6:31pm

Post #15 of 60 (771 views)
Shortcut
I am unsure if this is true or not but [In reply to] Can't Post

from some people who have bought the blu-rays in the UK say they are different to the ones released in USA. I have no knowledge of whether this is true or not just from what people are saying on other forums.

I dont think it is a tv issue as it would effect other blu rays people are watching but it doesnt. It also shouldnt affect this many people.

This is where you say you are not from the UK and make me look silly, haha.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 27 2012, 9:08pm

Post #16 of 60 (737 views)
Shortcut
In all honesty ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Whenever I've watched my FOTR blu-ray I've not noticed anything. I've said before, I'm only going to notice with side-by-side comparions Cool

Do you have it on blu-ray imin?

imin
Valinor

Aug 27 2012, 9:20pm

Post #17 of 60 (760 views)
Shortcut
nope :P [In reply to] Can't Post

i dont even own a blu-ray player but a fair few of my friends do, as did every housemate i have had so i have seen plenty of blu-ray dvds. I have a massive dvd collection and as i dont have a tv of my own i felt i would just wait and get a blu-ray player when i could afford a tv (probably be holographics by then, haha).

I had heard rumours of the green tint on the lotr dvds but my friends didnt have the EE so i cant say from first hand knowledge, i became much more aware of the problem when coming on here more.

I think there is a problem on some of the FOTR EE (maybe on all and the people saying its not on UK discs have it wrong) but like you i think most of the time i would not be too aware of the problem.

In any case i have pretty much made my mind up that for blu rays im going to wait for the super deluxe of the LOTR and TH both in EE so there is (hopefully) no chance of any green tint controversy, im guessing it will hit the shops around 2016, lol.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 27 2012, 9:27pm

Post #18 of 60 (715 views)
Shortcut
FYI - I'm from the UK and my EEs have a green tint // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 27 2012, 9:28pm

Post #19 of 60 (764 views)
Shortcut
2016 might be realistic ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

5 years ago we didn't even know if we were getting The Hobbit. Laugh

I'd wait for the super-uber-triple-amazing-special-extended DVD as well. Think of all that juicy goodness! We might be able to download it into our brains then. Then we can put whatever colour overlay we like on it - pink, orange, xanadu (it's a colour ... apparently!)

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 27 2012, 9:45pm

Post #20 of 60 (735 views)
Shortcut
Double-dip, here we go... [In reply to] Can't Post

Although the covers do look kinda nice.

Russian LotR/Hobbit Site: henneth-annun.ru

imin
Valinor

Aug 27 2012, 9:45pm

Post #21 of 60 (745 views)
Shortcut
Guess some of those peeps on blu-ray forum were misleading me [In reply to] Can't Post

or they just didnt notice it. I thought it sounded a bit far fetched but if it were true then its a nice easy answer as to why some see it and some dont. oh well silly me Blush

imin
Valinor

Aug 27 2012, 9:48pm

Post #22 of 60 (743 views)
Shortcut
downloading to our brains, lol! [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah that would be awesome to have for many things, so much time saved - would be like what they have in the Matrix movies :P

There will be around 365 days worth of extras on the blu-rays when released in 2016 for the super-uber-triple-amazing-special-extended dvds, cant wait!

as for xanadu im a guy so i see about 5 colours, haha.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 28 2012, 9:35am

Post #23 of 60 (720 views)
Shortcut
Shame we can see in green [In reply to] Can't Post

That would remove the problem! Wink

imin
Valinor

Aug 28 2012, 10:14am

Post #24 of 60 (714 views)
Shortcut
haha that is true! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 29 2012, 12:46am

Post #25 of 60 (705 views)
Shortcut
Got mine [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the TE blus and they look great, got the all-in-one EE set and they look great, and becaus I'm crazy I got these single releases. I'm sure they will look great and I love the cover art they went with plus I have every release DVD or blu so I had to.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.