Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
In the category "parents I'd like to slap on the face"

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Aug 26 2012, 2:46am

Views: 418
Shortcut
In the category "parents I'd like to slap on the face" Can't Post

"How can you wear such shabby shoes?!"

"Do you not think at all?! In public!?"

"Have you no shame?!"

"Allways I have to be ashamed of you!"

It went on and on and on. She scolded the poor little girl in a very loud, accusing voice as they walked down the hallway. Shouted at the girl for daring to embarass her by wearing shabby shoes in public. The girl said nothing, just walked along limbly, obediently, like kids do when adults abuse their power over these helpless little humans, incapable of defending themselves, just enduring. And kids endure so much.

It was one of those moments when your mind just goes blank from the inability to realize what you just saw/heard really happened. I want to believe if she wasn't already so far away when I entered the hallway I would have interrupted her and told her she has no right to speak to the child in such an awful manner.

But then again, I never found the courage to stand up in the bus and told the bullies to leave the poor kid alone. I just looked away as it happened, and the moment was over, and another kid cried himself to sleep that night.

I know such action wouldn't stop the bullying, or the scolding, but it would make a difference for the bullied one. It would have made a difference for me if some time, even once, someone from the quiet public would have stood up and said to my bullies "You have no right to treat her in that way and the society around does not accept what's happening to her." Because it's the silent approval of the others that makes it worst. "This is your place in the world. It is fine to the universe that this happens to you. We do not care about you. You have no worth."

Sophie Scholl, give me courage with your unwordly amazingness.

Also. Everytime a crime is commited, shame is born out of that action. But the criminal throws all the shame on the victim. And so it's the victim who has to carry both the weight of the consequences of the crime, and of the shame of what happened.

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Subject User Time
In the category "parents I'd like to slap on the face" Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Aug 26 2012, 2:46am
    I work with students who have been told that a lot in their lives... weaver Send a private message to weaver Aug 27 2012, 2:27am
        Thanks Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Aug 28 2012, 5:54pm
            If that's how the child is being treated in public Gwytha Send a private message to Gwytha Aug 29 2012, 4:16am
                I had a friend who would diffuse situations like this Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 29 2012, 2:08pm
                    Another thought Noel Q. von Schneiffel Send a private message to Noel Q. von Schneiffel Aug 31 2012, 8:31pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.