Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Trollhunter

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Aug 26 2012, 2:04am

Views: 1019
Shortcut
Trollhunter Can't Post

In the surprisingly entertaining Norwegian film Trollhunter (which I had assumed was a cheesy B-film, but turned out to be funny, startling, and with high production values), we see four different kinds of trolls - some which explode in sunlight, and some which turn to stone. All of the trolls, though particularly the second one on the bridge with the goats, look startlingly real. While I am not the hugest fan of the designs (though again, I love the 2nd one), I have to wonder if PJ has watched the film, and whether or not he will be influenced by it for troll movement, the way in which they turn to stone, etc., etc.

And if you haven't seen the film, give it a look. It will literally feed your yearning for trolls until December rolls around! Smile

Subject User Time
Trollhunter Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Aug 26 2012, 2:04am
    Regarding the designs; Carne Send a private message to Carne Aug 26 2012, 2:09am
    Tone. Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Aug 26 2012, 2:17am
        Agreed Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Aug 26 2012, 2:21am
            yes great trolls Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Aug 26 2012, 2:31am
                Oh, yes Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Aug 26 2012, 2:32am
                    trolls Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Aug 26 2012, 2:42am
                        I agree that the talking lessens the fear factor Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Aug 26 2012, 2:46am
                            agreed that they should be somehow frightening Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Aug 26 2012, 2:54am
                    I thought this was a kids book. Milknut Send a private message to Milknut Aug 26 2012, 7:02am
                "Do you have any more troll stench?" Aitieuriskon Send a private message to Aitieuriskon Aug 26 2012, 2:48am
                    well Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Aug 26 2012, 2:58am
                        I also love the new trolls designs for TH Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Aug 26 2012, 3:23am
    They look real because it was a documentary : - o AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Aug 26 2012, 2:55am
    Loved the film... Spaldron Send a private message to Spaldron Aug 26 2012, 4:54am
        What needed to be explained? Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Aug 26 2012, 5:01am
    Slightly off-topic... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 26 2012, 9:47am
        Apples and oranges Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Aug 26 2012, 4:17pm
            What about high production values? ;-P / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 26 2012, 4:22pm
                Have I ever said Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Aug 26 2012, 4:24pm
                    I don't know - are we using the same definition of "high production value"? / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 26 2012, 4:27pm
                        Another thing I will say Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Aug 26 2012, 4:40pm
                            I loved Trollhunter entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Aug 26 2012, 4:59pm
    As I live in Norway, I've seen this almost two years ago :P painjoiker Send a private message to painjoiker Aug 26 2012, 8:01pm
    Love Trollhunter. Great film!// Owain Send a private message to Owain Aug 26 2012, 8:40pm
    I loved Trollhunter too.... Hamfast Send a private message to Hamfast Aug 27 2012, 3:35am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.