Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
How friendly are the forums?

Gorbag
Rivendell

Aug 25 2012, 8:36pm

Views: 635
Shortcut
How friendly are the forums? Can't Post

Im not sure if this is the right place for this, sorry if it isnt.

Im reasonably new to these forums, so im not sure if this is how its always been like this or not.

From the time ive started on these forums, mant times ive seen the ''Tone'' of discussions very quickly turn to bikering, and quite aggresive exchanges between people who differ on opinions. I know people are passionate about their views and Tolkiens work etc, but i just find the tone of the discussions get bitter on a lot of occasions.

Usually it seems to be the same people argueing points, on various topics. Most of the times the harsh/unfriendly exchanges seem to be over the most minor of things. You may well say ''Welcome to the internet!'' but i did think that TORn would be different in that aspect. I would have thought that a site made for fans of Tolkien wouldnt have this passive-aggresive exchanges over the most minor of points that you find on every message board on the internet.

If you look in The Hobbit forum, there are quite a few intresting discussions going on. But, within these discussion are people being pretty harsh with each other. I just dont understand why people feel the need to be so abrasive in their discussions with each other. Passion about what you love is great, but not passion to the point where discussions turn into a boxing match. I wish people could tone it down a little, and be more gentle with each other.

Sorry for the babble, and this isnt a call for the Mods to crack down on people or anything, its just some feedback.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Subject User Time
How friendly are the forums? Gorbag Send a private message to Gorbag Aug 25 2012, 8:36pm
    TORN has been a very friendly place Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Aug 25 2012, 8:46pm
    Yeah, what Silverlode said! Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Aug 26 2012, 12:09am
        Yeah, i was hoping this isnt the ''Norm''. TORN is a great place. Gorbag Send a private message to Gorbag Aug 26 2012, 12:23am
    Can't help but wonder SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Aug 26 2012, 12:30am
        Oh no, not at all SirDennisC. Gorbag Send a private message to Gorbag Aug 26 2012, 12:36am
            I've not been here that long... Donry Send a private message to Donry Aug 26 2012, 6:22am
    My opinion DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 26 2012, 9:21am
        I'm normaly friendly cameragod Send a private message to cameragod Aug 26 2012, 10:51am
            I take the silence as a form of agreement... SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Aug 26 2012, 2:09pm
                We need a icon cameragod Send a private message to cameragod Aug 26 2012, 6:35pm
                    We have one, kind of. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Aug 27 2012, 7:46pm
    I've been lurking around the edges for over ten years sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf Aug 26 2012, 8:18pm
        Beyond The Illusion JWPlatt Aug 26 2012, 8:25pm
            The shining face, it burns us. DesiringDragons Send a private message to DesiringDragons Aug 26 2012, 8:37pm
                Whups, I think that should be "yellow face". DesiringDragons Send a private message to DesiringDragons Aug 26 2012, 9:05pm
        I'll admit grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Aug 26 2012, 8:56pm
    It is tricky to interpret blog posts sometimes Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Aug 26 2012, 9:16pm
    If you visit the other areas of TORn, RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Aug 27 2012, 8:02pm
    Many apologies. Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Aug 28 2012, 10:14pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.