Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
A sealed box of The Two Towers Trading cards arrived today! I was lucky.

Gorbag
Rivendell

Aug 24 2012, 11:52pm

Post #1 of 3 (2209 views)
Shortcut
A sealed box of The Two Towers Trading cards arrived today! I was lucky. Can't Post

Ive made a few posts on this section mentioning that i collect the LOTR Topps trading cards from the movies. Ive got a large collection of them, mainly the Autograph cards i collect.

This week i brought a sealed box of Two Towers movie cards. You get 36 packets, and in each of these boxes you are guarenteed at least 1 autograph card. Each autograph card is personally handwritten by the actors/people working on the film. Each card is unique.

Its great fun to open them, one by one, to see which autograph card you will get. In the second pack, i hit the jackpot!

I was lucky enough to get Eowyn (Miranda Otto) which is extremely rare! infact its the single rarest autograph card in the Two Towers set at 1 in every 518 packs! I was very very happy to get it.

So just had to share that little LOTR nerd-dom with you. Laugh

P.S These are currently the Autograph cards i have, if anyone is remotely intrested.

BILBO
FRODO
SAM
PIPPIN
ARAGORN
THEODEN
EOMER
EOYWEN
HALDIR
FARAMIR
DENETHOR
GOLLUM
WITCH-KING
GORBAG
MORANANNON ORC
RICHARD TAYOR

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 25 2012, 12:53am

Post #2 of 3 (1899 views)
Shortcut
Cool. [In reply to] Can't Post

The thrill of the hunt, so to speak.

I'm not a big autograph hound but I wouldn't turn down a Craig Parker card. :-)

(that wasn't a hint, or anything... just saying I'd rise above my so-so interest in his case)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Gorbag
Rivendell

Aug 25 2012, 1:03am

Post #3 of 3 (2091 views)
Shortcut
The thrill of the hunt is the best part! [In reply to] Can't Post

Its alot of (Nerdy) fun to open the packets and see what you get, that is until you end up with a Figwit autograph card Wink (Though i do actually want a Figwit card).

The Craig Parker/Haldir card is a nice one, he took care signing the cards he did.

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.