new trailer???
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cameragod
Lorien

Aug 23 2012, 7:52am

Post #1 of 31 (3756 views)
Shortcut
new trailer??? Can't Post

Well not really NZ Tourism campaign 100% Middle Earth http://tvnz.co.nz/...home-hobbits-5043014

All artists are prepared to suffer for their work, but why are so few prepared to learn to draw? :BANKSY

"A Cameraman without a camera is just a man." Stephen Press

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Aug 23 2012, 8:00am

Post #2 of 31 (1922 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

An Ian Holm voice-over. Nice touch.

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 23 2012, 8:11am

Post #3 of 31 (1911 views)
Shortcut
I think it's a great trailer! [In reply to] Can't Post

Certainly makes me want to visit even more! Great touch with Ian, and can't wait to see it on TV. Laugh

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Aug 23 2012, 8:13am

Post #4 of 31 (1957 views)
Shortcut
umm [In reply to] Can't Post

you might want to re-titled your thread, just because most people will be thinking you're referring to the next trailer for The Hobbit not a NZ tourist commercial. (it is a cool tourism spot and i'm not trying to be a troll its just that you got me excited there for a second!)

From the bottom of the Long-Lake a dragon shall be possessed...green lights glowing out of the deep waters shall be seen where the dragon fell...reanimated shall be Smaug that was killed...and the Dark Lord will fly over Middle-Earth unopposed...raining fire down upon his enemies...

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Aug 23 2012, 8:15am)

cameragod
Lorien

Aug 23 2012, 8:26am

Post #5 of 31 (1846 views)
Shortcut
sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

I only meant to tease not get anyone's hopes up :-)

Here some more in the news story

http://tvnz.co.nz/...mpaign-video-5043008

All artists are prepared to suffer for their work, but why are so few prepared to learn to draw? :BANKSY

(This post was edited by cameragod on Aug 23 2012, 8:34am)

TomthePilgrim
Rohan

Aug 23 2012, 2:10pm

Post #6 of 31 (1671 views)
Shortcut
ohhhhhhhh!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

that's mean . . . but not in the way you think. I've always wanted to visit NZ . . . all the way back to when I was a wee one. 6th grade geography . . . choose the country you want for your final . . . I picked NZ and it's been love ever since. While in the AF, kepy trying to get one of the few assignments available at Christchurch (poor Christchurch . . .). Hope to someday go to visit, and then sneak off and open a book store in Richmond . . . or Dunedin . . . or Hastings-Napier . . . or, now, Matamata. ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Nice ad . . .

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,

"Thorin sat up with a start. 'Something is not right,' he muttered to himself as he stood up and
looked towards the mirror . . . . . . . . . 'Durin's bones', he gasped, 'what's happened to my beard?'"

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Aug 23 2012, 3:05pm

Post #7 of 31 (1621 views)
Shortcut
News At Eleven [In reply to] Can't Post

new trailer??? Well not really...

Is that like "Will the world end at 10 PM tonight?! Watch Action News at Eleven to find out!"

I really don't enjoy such things and I don't tune in to any media that plays those tricks. Which means my choices of broadcast media are slim these days.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Aug 23 2012, 4:29pm

Post #8 of 31 (1563 views)
Shortcut
I am starting to think [In reply to] Can't Post

That a lot of TORN members would be excellent online communications professionals. Draw them in with the headlines, and increase the click-through rate! Smile

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Aug 23 2012, 4:34pm

Post #9 of 31 (1529 views)
Shortcut
yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Somehow...my instincts didnt bought it...so all good i didnt get to experience that disappointment..

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23 2012, 7:30pm

Post #10 of 31 (1380 views)
Shortcut
Brilliant. [In reply to] Can't Post

That is really, really well done. Heck it makes *me* want to travel around the country and I live here!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 24 2012, 12:49am

Post #11 of 31 (1315 views)
Shortcut
I wonder if this was shot at 48fps... [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks very much like RED footage. I have a suspicion that this will be shown at 48fps in front of The Hobbit, to help people's eyes 'adjust', followed by a short introduction from PJ explaining the technology. Smile

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Aug 24 2012, 7:26am

Post #12 of 31 (1285 views)
Shortcut
A wonderful ad [In reply to] Can't Post

Better than most travel ads out there. New Zealand looks wonderful!

The script Holm reads is a tad clunky, however...

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 24 2012, 2:50pm

Post #13 of 31 (1227 views)
Shortcut
That sounds like [In reply to] Can't Post

Sir Ian Holm!!! That would be so cool :)

I also love how the slash mark at the 100 % is the map of NZ :D Very cool!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Aug 24 2012, 4:02pm

Post #14 of 31 (1241 views)
Shortcut
NZ is full of 23 year old models!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can imagine the pitch for a radical new tourism campaign
"OK, this time we're NOT going to insult the intelligence of the viewer...." I admit it's not really going to happen - except in my own private fantasy world.

MTRougeau
Bree

Aug 24 2012, 4:48pm

Post #15 of 31 (1249 views)
Shortcut
It most definitely is RED. [In reply to] Can't Post

In fact, judging by the camera angles, movements, etc., I think the filming was directed by Sir Peter himself. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. PJ indicated on Facebook that this campaign was produced pretty much in conjunction with The Hobbit. So I bet he took a little time to capture these beautiful landscapes with the RED cameras. I mean, there are some very Jacksonesque flyovers in the ad, don't you agree?

MTRougeau
Bree

Aug 24 2012, 4:50pm

Post #16 of 31 (1274 views)
Shortcut
Just FYI, there is an extended edition of this ad.... [In reply to] Can't Post

that runs for over 2 minutes, as opposed to just 1 minute. It's posted on the official website of this marketing campaign. Here is the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64qx95Ckrwc

(This post was edited by MTRougeau on Aug 24 2012, 4:52pm)

MTRougeau
Bree

Aug 24 2012, 4:55pm

Post #17 of 31 (1223 views)
Shortcut
I see children and older folks all throughout this ad... [In reply to] Can't Post

??? Or maybe it's just the extended one or something.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 24 2012, 4:58pm

Post #18 of 31 (1217 views)
Shortcut
I suspct that's who it's aimed at [In reply to] Can't Post

If you watch any advert that shows off a country/holiday location, they always use younger actors.

Noel Q. von Schneiffel
Rivendell

Aug 24 2012, 8:30pm

Post #19 of 31 (1190 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I totally believed for a moment... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that you were asking for our advice on getting a new trailer home Cool

(I wouldn't be able to help there. I live in a cave.)

The Glorious Truth of J.R.R. Tolkien
Radiates from his Holy Writings

http://www.tolkientruth.info/

imin
Valinor

Aug 24 2012, 10:01pm

Post #20 of 31 (1211 views)
Shortcut
I want to go there right now!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Everyone i have known who has been to New Zealand says its one of the best places they have ever been (and better than Australia :P).

Its a shame that being in the UK it is so expensive in just getting there - one day though and i cant wait for that day!

cameragod
Lorien

Aug 24 2012, 10:15pm

Post #21 of 31 (1192 views)
Shortcut
hey I want to go there... [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'm already here. :-)

imin
Valinor

Aug 24 2012, 10:17pm

Post #22 of 31 (1182 views)
Shortcut
Lucky you! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Aug 24 2012, 10:59pm

Post #23 of 31 (1198 views)
Shortcut
Not really [In reply to] Can't Post

Honestly, many of the shots in this ad seem far superior to the often half-baked flyovers that we saw from the LOTR films.

Showing us dramatic vistas from the ground is usually far more awe-inspiring than heli-shots (as people don't usually see things from helicopters, and it serves to make mountains and terrain smaller, rather than bigger). I saw more of the former in this ad, and I hope PJ gives us more of that in the Hobbit.

MTRougeau
Bree

Aug 24 2012, 11:10pm

Post #24 of 31 (1206 views)
Shortcut
C'mon [In reply to] Can't Post

The crane shots, the slo-mo you hate, it's all there! :) Besides, who is Jackson going to lend his Red Epic to to shoot this stuff, eh? Andy Serkis, maybe?

(This post was edited by MTRougeau on Aug 24 2012, 11:16pm)

djinni

Aug 26 2012, 12:26am

Post #25 of 31 (1129 views)
Shortcut
I'm token older asian in this ad [In reply to] Can't Post

if you watch very carefully, you'll see there's even not-white people in nz, but not really. it was fun doing the trip just to shoot that 1/2 second

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.