Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
"The Trouble of the Rings" - a Russian LOTR trilogy parody

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 19 2012, 10:55am

Post #1 of 2 (1150 views)
Shortcut
"The Trouble of the Rings" - a Russian LOTR trilogy parody Can't Post

I wonder how many here ever heard of "The Trouble of the Rings": a trilogy of parody films which started out as early as 2002 (Part 1) and was finished by 2004 (Part 3). And I suppose it might be just about the first parody of PJ's LOTR movies out there.

Throughout 2002-2004 the filmmakers undertook their own little journey to Middle-Earth, through the means of parody. The result were 3 movies with runtime of 3x75 minutes, with an original soundtrack and some hilarious concepts (like the means of transportation). The filming took place in and around of Moscow, with the pompous University main building standing in for Moria, Minas Tirith and other sites, a city junkyard standing in for Mordor, and an abandoned subway station playing the Crack of Doom...

Here's a "Trilogy Supertrailer".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agj8RerEq0s

And, here you can actually watch all three films on Vimeo (with English subtitles):
- The Trouble of the Rings: The Fellowship
- The Trouble of the Rings 2: The Towers
- The Trouble of the Rings Returns: King-Size

Now I wonder what your opinion is on this matter. :)

Russian LotR/Hobbit Site: henneth-annun.ru

(This post was edited by TheHutt on Aug 19 2012, 10:56am)

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 27 2012, 9:44pm

Post #2 of 2 (767 views)
Shortcut
So I suppose just everyone has seen it?.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Russian LotR/Hobbit Site: henneth-annun.ru

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.