Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Kicks in Doors* It's FIESTA TIME!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 3:59pm

Post #1 of 76 (344 views)
Shortcut
*Kicks in Doors* It's FIESTA TIME!! Can't Post

Once again it's my privilege to quench your thirst and lend an ear while our lovely Altaira is busy with RL distractions. I want to welcome and toast all of our Newbies who have wisely found their way to TORn and now to FIESTA FRIDAY where we share drinks and tales!!!

So what will you have today?

*cranks up jukebox* How 'bout some Dancing in the Streets with Bowie & Jagger?

sample
sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:06pm

Post #2 of 76 (173 views)
Shortcut
Instead of your ear ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Could you lend me your hands? Laugh Moving house a week Sunday, but the majority of it is going into storage this Sunday. So any help packing and moving would be much appreciated Wink. Especially this pesky 200L fish tank!

That's going to take up my weekend, and the rest of next week. Hope everyone else has something fun planned!

I can still feel some exiciting news coming ... just in time for all the new users. Smile

What about you gramma, do you have anything planned for the weekend and week ahead?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:10pm

Post #3 of 76 (159 views)
Shortcut
*raises hands* I'll help! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm bringing along some friends :D

I'm going down to Mom's for part of the weekend and then the 2 of us going to my brother's step-son's open house. *rereads* Yeah... that's it :)

I hope you have loads of fun *kaff* unpacking, DanielLB!

sample
sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Aug 17 2012, 4:16pm

Post #4 of 76 (148 views)
Shortcut
Hey, gramma! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have a Summer Usual, please. :)

Thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend! *hugs*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:19pm

Post #5 of 76 (143 views)
Shortcut
Hey Evey!! :D *waves madly* [In reply to] Can't Post

Here ya go! And some ice in case you want it cold ;)

I hope you have an AWESOME WEEKEND!!! Cheers, m'dear!

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 17 2012, 4:20pm

Post #6 of 76 (164 views)
Shortcut
Coffee. Strong. [In reply to] Can't Post

A big mugful - with a splash of Bailey's tossed in, please! Laugh

'Twas the week before the teachers returned, and all through the school
All the staff was going crazy, trying to make the place look cool...

What a mess it is here now, with last-minute room changes and cleanings and supplies still coming in! Better make that a triple-caffein! Wink

Up to my Dad's this weekend for his 90th birthday. My brother's up from Texas, and nephew and his family will join us for a birthday dinner in his honor. So I have to bake a cake tonight: zucchini chocolate cake, moist but not too sweet, the way Dad likes them! Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

RosieLass
Valinor

Aug 17 2012, 4:20pm

Post #7 of 76 (167 views)
Shortcut
Well, my sister is in Canada. [In reply to] Can't Post

Her bathroom is torn down to the wall studs.

And my mother is thinking up ways to monopolize all of my time.

Tongue

If I make it to September with my sanity intact, it will be a miracle.

After the Rapids game Saturday night, they're having a charity soccer match between Denver cops and Denver firefighters, and I'd love to stay and watch, but it will be 9:00 before it starts, and I don't know if I have that much energy.

I also need to order some more stuff for my bathroom, for when my sister's is finished.

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 17 2012, 4:21pm

Post #8 of 76 (142 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Any "Who" plans for the weekend? Wink

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 17 2012, 4:22pm

Post #9 of 76 (150 views)
Shortcut
That's a double-move! [In reply to] Can't Post

There, and there again! Laugh I hope it goes smoothly, and the fish survive! Crazy

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:23pm

Post #10 of 76 (140 views)
Shortcut
That is a lot of hands! Thanks gramma ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a great weekend Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 17 2012, 4:23pm

Post #11 of 76 (154 views)
Shortcut
Canada? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a long way to go, to use a bathroom...

Wink

Do you have to oversee the installation of all the new fixtures?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:24pm

Post #12 of 76 (150 views)
Shortcut
You bet! [In reply to] Can't Post

Coffee! Strong!

And here's something to help you shovel through the gruel.
And also there to make your mouth drool.
The things we suffer to get ready for school!
*high five* Have a great time with your Dad and Family :D That cake sounds YUMMY! *joins in drool-session*

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:26pm

Post #13 of 76 (161 views)
Shortcut
Zucchini chocolate cake?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Would love to see your recipe! Do they really go together? Laugh

Happy Birthday to your Dad - what an achievement to reach 90 Smile Have a great weekend, and hope next week isn't too hectic for you!

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:28pm

Post #14 of 76 (148 views)
Shortcut
The fish survived a 3 hours move last time [In reply to] Can't Post

And they're only going an 1 hour away this time, so fingers crossed. They're going to my parents house as our temporary accommodation is uhm .... very limited ... Unsure

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:28pm

Post #15 of 76 (169 views)
Shortcut
Yikes! You needs something to bolster you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Partake in any order your need to!

I think the games are what you need more than anything else! You tell them your gramma said you have to save some energy for that very important meeting... and enjoy the games :)

Have a great time, RosieLass. And PACE YOURSELF!

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 17 2012, 4:29pm

Post #16 of 76 (140 views)
Shortcut
Heh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Perfect, thank you, gramma!

And I see you're spending the weekend with your Mom - have a wonderful time together! Heart

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 17 2012, 4:31pm

Post #17 of 76 (149 views)
Shortcut
I'll post the recipe [In reply to] Can't Post

when I get back home. It's one my mom-in-law gave me years ago, and is great for using up excess zucchinis! Laugh

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:34pm

Post #18 of 76 (136 views)
Shortcut
*slaver slurp* // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

DanielLB
Immortal

Post #19 of 76 (145 views)
Shortcut
Thanks dernwyn [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not a big fan of courgettes (*cough*their proper name*cough*) Laugh, but I sure love chocolate. I'm really intrigued now. Will be much appreciated.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Post #20 of 76 (153 views)
Shortcut
Well, I'm not new, but I'm new to fiestas! [In reply to] Can't Post

I lurk the fiesta thread every Friday, though! This week I'm celebrating a new life as a student. Had an interview for a Media course yesterday and got accepted, so really looking forward to that. I think my tutor is already sick of me talking about The Hobbit just from the interview Laugh

RosieLass
Valinor

Aug 17 2012, 4:37pm

Post #21 of 76 (147 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

She's meeting a friend from Alaska there. I guess that was their idea of "meeting halfway."

I hope I don't have to do much overseeing of anything. We discussed the general design with the contractor and ordered all the stuff. The bathrooms are pretty small, so there isn't a lot of room to "change" anything. So it should just be a matter of putting new baths, toilets, sinks in where the old ones were and updating the tiles and mirrors and other decorative bits.

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:40pm

Post #22 of 76 (146 views)
Shortcut
I'll drink to that! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats on getting school all lined up! EXCELLENT!!!! :D Sure sign of fall coming up quick :)

Fantastic news, QuakingTroll... and don't worry about your tutor. We'll have him geeked out in no time!

Have a great weekend!

sample
sample

Unused Scenes

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 17 2012, 4:42pm

Post #23 of 76 (142 views)
Shortcut
Can I come to the house-warming party? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll bring a bottle of Dorwinion!

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:42pm

Post #24 of 76 (152 views)
Shortcut
That's great news! Congratulations QuackingTroll! [In reply to] Can't Post

When do you start the course? And do you know if there are any pieces of coursework that you can weave Tolkien into? Wink No doubt there will be plenty of oppurtunites!

I even tried it in my Atmospheric Science MSc degree. We had to choose a topic to write an essay on - the only requirement was that it was original and related to air pollution. I started off writing about film sets (concentrating on LOTR) and how they contributed to local air pollution. I couldn't make an essay out of it in the time given. Unsure I ended talking about Arctic Reindeer and moss ...

Sure you will have a great time on your new course.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 17 2012, 4:50pm

Post #25 of 76 (140 views)
Shortcut
We're only staying there for a short period [In reply to] Can't Post

But maybe the next house move Laugh Then you can bring as much Dorwinion wine as you like ... I'll have a working bathroom then, especially if it goes to your head quickly Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.