Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Is PJ independent?

paperC
Rivendell

Aug 15 2012, 6:07pm

Post #1 of 6 (320 views)
Shortcut
Is PJ independent? Can't Post

I saw a doc about Star Wars and how George Lucas got independent after the first Star Wars movie because of the earnings, then produced the next two with his own movie, but letting the studio handle distribution. Is that was PJ has done after LOTR? If not, why not?

paperC
Rivendell

Aug 15 2012, 6:24pm

Post #2 of 6 (151 views)
Shortcut
With his own MONEY** [In reply to] Can't Post

lol, sorry.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Aug 15 2012, 8:44pm

Post #3 of 6 (134 views)
Shortcut
Lucas [In reply to] Can't Post

From what I understand, George Lucas was one of the first to realize the profit potential of owning the merchandising rights for movie related products. Much of his wealth comes from all the posters, toys, t-shirts, etc bought in the wake of Star Wars ' popularity. Plus he soon after created Industrial Light and Magic which did special effects for many other films besides Star Wars.
New Line was probably far less keen to give up merchandising rights, knowing how profitable they can be. And even though PJ has Weta and they do special effects for other films, they are not yet as established as ILM and therefore probably have a much smaller piece of the TX action.

BTW, I'm doing this on my phone, so there may be more mistakes than usual :)-:

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Aug 15 2012, 8:48pm

Post #4 of 6 (163 views)
Shortcut
I meant fx (as in effects), not tx. Oops! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Noel Q. von Schneiffel
Rivendell

Aug 16 2012, 5:29pm

Post #5 of 6 (144 views)
Shortcut
It is much worse than you think [In reply to] Can't Post

The truth is, Peter Jackson is entirely in the pay of the Illuminati. Those have for many centuries sponsored bad directors to create horrible, heretical films. The purpose, of course, is that these films lower the intelligence of the general population, so mankind does not realize the world is secretly run by the lizard-like aliens behind this cult. (The name "Illuminati", on a sidenote, does not refer to "enlightenment", but simply to a lit-up cinema screen.)

They were the ones who financed the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies. Christopher Tolkien knows, and this is why he tried to stop Jackson. But the power of evil is too strong in this world, and Christopher Tolkien was driven back to his estate in the Provence, where only his tame wild boars ensure his safety.

It does not matter how much Peter Jackson earns; he can never break free from Illuminati control, because they keep his soul in a horcrux - an unholy DVD carved from a single diamond which is kept in the deepest vault of Fort Knox. I have once attempted to destroy it, but I was too weak to shovel away the tons of gold beneath which it was buried.

The Glorious Truth of J.R.R. Tolkien
Radiates from his Holy Writings

http://www.tolkientruth.info/

malickfan
Gondor

Aug 18 2012, 12:42pm

Post #6 of 6 (129 views)
Shortcut
Well that's clears it up... [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

‘As they came to the gates Cirdan the Shipwright came forth to greet them. Very tall he was, and his beard was long, and we was grey and old, save that his eyes were keen as stars; and he looked at them and bowed, and said ‘All is now ready.’

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.