Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
GIGANTIC LOTR Collection for Sale In Seattle Area

rhiannon

Aug 15 2012, 5:26am

Views: 476
Shortcut
GIGANTIC LOTR Collection for Sale In Seattle Area Can't Post

"It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Greetings dwellers of Middle Earth. I have been putting off making this post for nearly a year as it is a rather emotional thing for me and I wanted to do it right, in memory of my mother.

--

"She should not die, so young and beautiful. At least, she should not die alone." - J.R.R. Tolkien

My mother, who sadly and quite unexpectedly passed away last fall from an embolism, left behind her gigantic Lord of the Rings collection.

Mom was a deeply appreciative fan of the books since her youth in the 60's and really got excited to add items to her collection once the films were released. The LOTR collection was her pride and joy and she had dreams of living in a hobbit-like home someday with plenty of wall space to display her many trinkets.

--

"It must often be so, Sam, when things are in danger: someone has to give them up, lose them, so that others may keep them." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Unfortunately, I am not a huge fan (please don't grunt in protest, ogres) and since I live in Canada and the items are in temporary storage in Issaquah, I have to sell this quickly. Not only do I lack time or capacity to sell each item separately, but for sentimental reasons and to honour the collection as a whole I hope it all goes to a serious collector who plans to cherish it in its entirety. I am sure I would make more money selling the items individually and that these items will be popular once the new Hobbit film is released, but perhaps my loss will be a LOTR fan's gain.

--

"In the end [Bilbo] would only take two small chests, one filled with silver, and the other with gold, such as one strong pony could carry. 'That will be quite as much as I can manage,' said he." - J.R.R. Tolkien

The collection is really big (probably 20 cubit feet of boxes, not just what is in the image here) and there is a lot more than shown in the photos below! Most of the items are WETA (from the film) and Hildebrandt, but there are some much older books and things dating back before the films which I know she has had since before I was born (I was born the year Elvis died and disco was born, if that gives you a general placement on the cosmic timeline).

Contained in her collection is tons of toys/action figures, dolls, books, dvds, cds, posters, framed and limited edition signed prints, clippings of actual film from the editing floor, and even life-sized cutouts, nearly all in mint and still-packaged condition.

The collection is really incredible and would make any LOTR fan jump with joy for all the little details that have been so lovingly collected. **Note the living siamese cats Mom had named "Frodo" and "Arwen" have found homes as they wouldn't keep well in storage...

--

"How on earth should I have got all that treasure home without war and murder all along the way, I don't know. And I don't know what I should have done with it when I got home. I am sure it is better in your hands." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Need to see photos? There are over 160 photos showing the many items in the collection and I could only post 1 here. I am happy to forward all photos to hobbits, elves or humans who are seriously interested.

--

"Since I leave now all gold and silver, and go where it is of little worth, I wish to part in friendship from you, and I would take back my words and deeds at the Gate." - J.R.R. Tolkien

In looking through mom's files I have found many receipts for the larger items ($100-$250 on average per receipt) which makes me suspect she has invested probably far much more into the collection over the years. I know there are 7 signed prints by one or both Hildebrandt Brothers which are worth a great price alone.

--

"Speak politely to an enraged dragon." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Asking price $1590 USD. I am open to offers, but please be realistic in your offer. Trolls need not write, even if you could figure it out or get your Orc friends to do it for you.

--

"May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Thanks for looking and for hearing my story.

See ad online at http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/clt/3206141604.html

Subject User Time
GIGANTIC LOTR Collection for Sale In Seattle Area rhiannon Send a private message to rhiannon Aug 15 2012, 5:26am
    A wondeful collection. Gorbag Send a private message to Gorbag Aug 15 2012, 10:19pm
        Thanks rhiannon Send a private message to rhiannon Aug 16 2012, 12:16am
    Oh wow... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 17 2012, 1:47pm
        Will take payments to a good home rhiannon Send a private message to rhiannon Aug 17 2012, 5:14pm
    I'm so sorry about your Mom :( grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Aug 19 2012, 3:30pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.