Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Musical remixes and guitar versions of Misty Mountains

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Aug 9 2012, 3:38pm

Post #1 of 11 (773 views)
Shortcut
Musical remixes and guitar versions of Misty Mountains Can't Post

Had to post this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuVFcgXBZIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCtgpLic1K8&feature=related

And my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2KZoWQS7g&feature=related

Quite haunting and moody this one! If you watch it on your HD tv at night....oh boy...dwarven ecstasy! Wink

imin
Valinor

Aug 9 2012, 3:49pm

Post #2 of 11 (217 views)
Shortcut
really good! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the second and third links. I know the second link - the metal one isnt anything like what shore will do but it still sounds great, the guy really pulled it off, the start was brilliant.

The third link - obviously much more like the actual song - i liked the more drawn out - on - and - in - parts if people know what i mean, lol.

I have listened to the guitar one about 5 times already, haha.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Aug 9 2012, 4:08pm

Post #3 of 11 (198 views)
Shortcut
yep [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes imin if the last video only had a smoother and slower transition to the end..the beginning is so much better...i like that we can really hear the fireplace cracking! Gives me goosebumps..

Maybe on the dvds we will get the dwarves doing some rock solos with this song!

The first one is not quite so good, but my fellow countryman did a good job...theres something about the tone that i really like...

Crunchable Birdses
Rohan

Aug 9 2012, 4:58pm

Post #4 of 11 (184 views)
Shortcut
the first was pretty dire tbh. [In reply to] Can't Post

but the second and third were wunderbar!

* crunch *

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Aug 9 2012, 5:10pm

Post #5 of 11 (179 views)
Shortcut
indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

tbh?

dalecooper
Rivendell

Aug 9 2012, 5:20pm

Post #6 of 11 (204 views)
Shortcut
I think the first is a valiant effort (until the house beat kicks in)... [In reply to] Can't Post

but it needs better mixing. The 2nd is fun, the 3rd is AWESOME.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Aug 9 2012, 5:22pm

Post #7 of 11 (205 views)
Shortcut
dalecooper [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes i could easily do without the house beat...

The third is brilliant! Well, almost...until the editing gets a bit screwy

TomthePilgrim
Rohan

Aug 10 2012, 1:04am

Post #8 of 11 (156 views)
Shortcut
The Misty Mountains dance mix? [In reply to] Can't Post

yuck! Crazy
The guitar version was well done, but not my style.
The third was by far the best, although it was better heard and not seen . . . the slow motion dwarves were a bit disconcerting . . .

Thanx for posting those, Lusitano . . .

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,

"Thorin sat up with a start. 'Something is not right,' he muttered to himself as he stood up and looked towards the mirror . . . . . . . . . 'Durin's bones', he gasped, 'what's happened to my beard?'"

TomthePilgrim
Rohan

Aug 10 2012, 1:15am

Post #9 of 11 (157 views)
Shortcut
This brings up a running discussion I'd joined on another topic . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been hoping that PJ and the gang will include many, if not all, of the songs that Tolkein wrote in the Hobbit . . .
The fact that the powers that be may have started working on the songs as long as a year or so ago, as is partially indicated by 'Misty Mountains' song being included in an early trailer, gives me hope that Philippa, Fran and Howard have been hard at work with the uninentional intent of making my dreams come true . . . . . . . . . Smile

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,

"Thorin sat up with a start. 'Something is not right,' he muttered to himself as he stood up and looked towards the mirror . . . . . . . . . 'Durin's bones', he gasped, 'what's happened to my beard?'"

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Aug 10 2012, 2:52am

Post #10 of 11 (273 views)
Shortcut
welcome [In reply to] Can't Post

Without the house beat beat , it would be better...but theres another house remix way more bombastic than this one my friend!

I actually love seeing the third, up until the video is poorly edited and is not as smooth...disconcerting...for me, its very haunting...

Well, as far as 2010 , Ian mckellen grumbled that he wanted Gandalf to have some sort of song...so, we will get many many songs...i always imagine the dwarves singing while travelling or eating and drinking...

huinare

Sep 8 2012, 6:54am

Post #11 of 11 (220 views)
Shortcut
\m/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Loved the 2nd one. Amusing yet utterly awesome too.

On another note, I stumbled upon this (maybe it's been posted before, if so sorry...I just got here), a much longer and more soothing version. It's not just the verse used in the trailer, but apparently every verse of all the Dwarven songs in the book, sung to the tune of the trailer music.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.