Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
TORN being down has...

!frodolives!

Oct 18 2007, 2:35pm

Post #1 of 24 (7925 views)
Shortcut
TORN being down has... Can't Post

finally driven me to the boards... Been a TORN lurker since before Smeagol "found" the ring. All this speculation on the "Hobbit" and potential announcements by TORN are driving me mad.... Crazy

Bring it back up with some cool news, please! My filmstrip souvinir from the original Trilogy showing needs a companion set from the Hobbit movies...

Curious
Half-elven

Oct 18 2007, 2:46pm

Post #2 of 24 (7252 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's some news about The Hobbit. But reliable sources say we shouldn't expect too much from the main page when it comes back up. In the meantime, we're just beginning to discuss LotR in the Reading Room.

deej
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2007, 3:33pm

Post #3 of 24 (7226 views)
Shortcut
Not a bad thing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you made your way here - even if you hadn't planned to. Wink

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Patty
Immortal

Oct 18 2007, 3:52pm

Post #4 of 24 (7260 views)
Shortcut
There's a silver lining to this cloud, then... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad it made you join us at last. Stay awhile, the natives are friendly here.

For Gondor!

ChrisCR
The Shire

Oct 18 2007, 4:09pm

Post #5 of 24 (7280 views)
Shortcut
here I am.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Same here...Lurking since I saw the first movie..I am a guy from sweden 38 year old and just love these movies...And the Hobbit roumers are killing me....

A little back story...I almost didnt know what this LOTR was before the movies..Then I saw the trailer for FOTR and though that OK i might have to see that movie. I went to see it and when it ended I was in chock!!!! Holy sh..When is TTT comming out?? in one year....???

Since then I am totaly a super fan. I have marathons in my homecinema and see all the extended version in a row...I have seen the extra material way to many times. And love this cast so much..And I have met most of them and they are so nice. I know all at Sideshow and visited their workshop several times and still look forward to new collectibles...

So now is the wait and the exiting roumers here again...Love the feeling...And realy hope PJ and Weta gets involved in some way.

Here is a pic of my homecinema. Guess what is my favorite movies? Tongue

Chris
www.cinemareplicas.com

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2007, 4:14pm

Post #6 of 24 (7210 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo! Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's about time you came in out of the shadows :D It's a bummer for the homepage to be awol... but if it brings more people out to play and share in the excitement... then COOL!!!

I'm so glad you've joined us! Welcome, and have fun!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2007, 4:18pm

Post #7 of 24 (7219 views)
Shortcut
Excellent!!! I LOVE your picture [In reply to] Can't Post

from the Lord of the Rings exhibit! WOW! I was able to visit the exhibit when it opened here in the U.S.

These films are just wonderful... and the Sideshow Collectibles are so much fun to gather and display!

Welcome, welcome! It's so great to have you join us... and just in time for helping us share in The Hobbit film excitement!

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

ChrisCR
The Shire

Oct 18 2007, 4:23pm

Post #8 of 24 (7213 views)
Shortcut
Exhibit? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanx..But??

"from the Lord of the Rings exhibit"!??

It is my own homecinema...

Chris
www.cinemareplicas.com

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Oct 18 2007, 4:47pm

Post #9 of 24 (7251 views)
Shortcut
Finally!! [In reply to] Can't Post

*Yooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo, TORn owners, you can turn it back on, he finally signed in!*

If we live in trying times, we must be the ones who try. If the future is looking dark, we must be the ones who shine.

Patty
Immortal

Oct 18 2007, 4:55pm

Post #10 of 24 (7202 views)
Shortcut
It's great that you've joined us, no matter what the cause... [In reply to] Can't Post

I love your home cinema! How big is that screen?

For Gondor!

ChrisCR
The Shire

Oct 18 2007, 5:45pm

Post #11 of 24 (7194 views)
Shortcut
?? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
*Yooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo, TORn owners, you can turn it back on, he finally signed in!*

Dont follow you there...Smile

Chris
www.cinemareplicas.com

deej
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2007, 5:47pm

Post #12 of 24 (7168 views)
Shortcut
Wow - can I come live in that room? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Welcome to the message boards.

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

ChrisCR
The Shire

Oct 18 2007, 5:49pm

Post #13 of 24 (7175 views)
Shortcut
meters [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I love your home cinema! How big is that screen?

Ohh..I have the metric system over here so I dont know in inch.Blush

But it is about 2,5 x 1.8 meters.Wink

Chris
www.cinemareplicas.com

weaver
Half-elven

Oct 18 2007, 5:50pm

Post #14 of 24 (7166 views)
Shortcut
ah, a Movie Firster! [In reply to] Can't Post

People like you are in great demand over on the Movie Board...I hope you'll saunter over and join in on the talk there -- a must if you love the films as much as you do!

And welcome to the community!

Weaver

BuckyUnderbelly
Lorien

Oct 18 2007, 5:53pm

Post #15 of 24 (7163 views)
Shortcut
That home theater is ... GORGEOUS! [In reply to] Can't Post

You have great taste!

Patty
Immortal

Oct 18 2007, 6:00pm

Post #16 of 24 (7176 views)
Shortcut
*googles quickly, cause her math is as bad as it can be* [In reply to] Can't Post

1 meter =3.28 feet

okay. so you have about a 7 foot by about a 5 foot--is that right math teachers? It's gorgeous, anyway. And very atmospheric!

For Gondor!

(This post was edited by Patty on Oct 18 2007, 6:01pm)

Garfeimao
Rohan

Oct 18 2007, 6:31pm

Post #17 of 24 (7154 views)
Shortcut
impressed [In reply to] Can't Post

OK, so when are you inviting us all over for a viewing party?

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

ChrisCR
The Shire

Oct 18 2007, 6:35pm

Post #18 of 24 (7146 views)
Shortcut
Sweden [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
OK, so when are you inviting us all over for a viewing party?

Well let me know when your in Sweden. Your welcome.Wink

Chris
www.cinemareplicas.com

Patty
Immortal

Oct 18 2007, 6:38pm

Post #19 of 24 (7138 views)
Shortcut
Yes, cause a screen this big [In reply to] Can't Post

and a setting this intimate would allow me to do what I most love to do with movies--really escape into them. Only if it's a good movie, of course.

For Gondor!

Curious
Half-elven

Oct 18 2007, 6:57pm

Post #20 of 24 (7113 views)
Shortcut
He's just kidding.// [In reply to] Can't Post

And back again
Rivendell

Oct 18 2007, 8:51pm

Post #21 of 24 (7104 views)
Shortcut
Wow, cinemareplicas... [In reply to] Can't Post

that's some home cinema.

When I was a child living at home, I'd often muse on having my very own viewing room for films. Now.. I live in 40 square metres and don't even have a TV.

Luckily, I live near a big cinema.

Unluckily for LOTR, I live in Germany and the cinema that shows films in English is right on the other side of Dusseldorf.

Like you, I hadn't really known much about the books before I saw the trailer and thought I'd give it ago. Gosh.. I remember that trailer.. how exciting it was. I HAD tried reading the books in my teens, but when Gandalf fell into the abyss, I just couldn't go on.

Then I went over to the other side of town to watch FOTR for the first time and I came out reeling - spinning... amazed ...stunned.. literally breathless and I couldn't believe that I was not in Middle Earth.

I think I saw the film in English seven weeks in a row.. and then about 3 times in German.

I was very much 'into' it when the films were coming out. What I liked best what the creation of the world.. all the care that had gone into the props and the details. I think creating something is magical - whether it's painting, costumes, sets.. whatever...

LOTR even led me to finding a Danish boyfriend on these boards and attempting to learn Danish for a couple of years. Sadly, we're not together any more, but I did go to the Danish film club on Wednesday and watched The Black Madonna in Danish! With Tuva Novotny who, I think, is Swedish. I could only understand about a third of the words but I laughed at the visual jokes a lot.

I'm rambling.. it's time for bed.

ChrisCR
The Shire

Oct 18 2007, 9:52pm

Post #22 of 24 (7088 views)
Shortcut
Site up again... [In reply to] Can't Post

Looking good....Heart

Chris
www.cinemareplicas.com

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 19 2007, 8:55am

Post #23 of 24 (7055 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks good enough to belong to The Lord of the Rings exhibit that visited several countries over the last few years. I believe it now rests back in New Zealand.

It's an exhibit of many of the movie props, costumes, artwork and miniatures used in the films. I was fortunate to see it in Indianapolis. Your picture resembles some of their exhibit detail... so I was immediately taken back to that thrill.

Very Well Done!!! :D

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 20 2007, 7:32am

Post #24 of 24 (7229 views)
Shortcut
Indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

And just remember: New Line was going to get rid of all that stuff, until PJ fought for ownership of it. And this wasn't even part of his lawsuit.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.