Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Grýma Wormtongue

sam90
Lorien

Aug 2 2012, 11:23pm

Views: 606
Shortcut
Grýma Wormtongue Can't Post

I was just thinking, it would be interesting to know more of this character (however foul he is and of no great importance) before the story of the LOTR. I mean we know that he was once a man of Rohan but how did enter into the service of Saruman and thereafter becoming closest into the counsel of king Theoden? Wormtongue isn't 'such' an important character I think, still he is the one who has poisoned the ears or Theoden and contributed to the idleness of the king while Rohan was becoming weaker every day. He's also the one who kill Saruman (in a treacherous way) and so ending for good the War of the Ring. Since Tolkien has writted about many things for the background of LOTR and The Hobbit I am a bit surprised that this character has no previous tale concerning him at least not that I am aware of.

What's you thought on this?

(This post was edited by sam90 on Aug 2 2012, 11:26pm)

Subject User Time
Grýma Wormtongue sam90 Send a private message to sam90 Aug 2 2012, 11:23pm
    Grima son of Galmod geordie Send a private message to geordie Aug 3 2012, 8:54am
        I've given some thought to this character in my time sador Send a private message to sador Aug 5 2012, 7:54am
    Good question Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Aug 4 2012, 12:18am
        I always took this to mean Seaber Send a private message to Seaber Aug 4 2012, 1:39pm
            The Wormtongue sam90 Send a private message to sam90 Aug 4 2012, 10:38pm
            yes, that could be Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Aug 8 2012, 3:37am
                Grima's eyes sam90 Send a private message to sam90 Aug 8 2012, 11:25pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.