Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
question

oburi

Aug 2 2012, 7:09pm

Views: 422
Shortcut
question Can't Post

Hello. I'm a brand spankin new member and I had a quick question that I was hoping someone could answer for me. Its bothering me for some time since I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

The sword that Merry uses to hurt the Witch King. He gets it from tom bombadil in the barrow downs. But he is eventually captured by the Uruks along with pippin. Its says the Uruks threw away their belongings because they feared them or something (from what I remember). Yet at some point Merry gets the Westernesse blade back? When does this happen.

I watched the movie and noticed this plothole, because the movie dosnt explain it all. But when I looked into the books for answers I couldn't find any there either. Now its really bothering me. Did I miss something?

Subject User Time
question oburi Send a private message to oburi Aug 2 2012, 7:09pm
    You won't find any answers in the films DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 2 2012, 7:23pm
        In the films, it wasn't a Barrow blade sador Send a private message to sador Aug 6 2012, 6:18am
            Confused DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 6 2012, 7:15am
                What I meant was sador Send a private message to sador Aug 6 2012, 8:08am
                    Oh I see - yes, my mistake for calling them Barrow blades :-) / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 6 2012, 8:11am
    answer... :-) geordie Send a private message to geordie Aug 2 2012, 7:41pm
        thank you oburi Send a private message to oburi Aug 2 2012, 7:57pm
    In Flotsam and Jetsam, PhantomS Send a private message to PhantomS Aug 6 2012, 4:11am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.