3 Hobbit Films Confirmed
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

stoutfiles
Rohan

Jul 30 2012, 4:40pm

Post #101 of 378 (19458 views)
Shortcut
Trust in Peter [In reply to] Can't Post

He made three great LOTR films. Academy award winning films. Now you'll all want to lynch the guy for giving us more material on the big screen?

We could have had one Hobbit film that rushed Bilbo and Co. to the mountain and back. We could have two films that fit all of the Hobbit but have little time for anything else. Or, we can have three films that flesh out all the characters and extra scenes such as the White Council destroying Dol Guldur and the Battle of Azanulbizar. I don't care if it's about money, because we're being given more material to enjoy.

Bring on the third film!

RosieLass
Valinor

Jul 30 2012, 4:43pm

Post #102 of 378 (19438 views)
Shortcut
BOO! :( // [In reply to] Can't Post

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Post #103 of 378 (19667 views)
Shortcut
hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you sure? Im not...
Dol Guldur: 15-20 minus
Laketown: 20-30 minus
Trek to LM: 15 minus
LM : 7 minus
Smaug Bilbo chat: 10-15 minus
Smaugs attack: 15 minus
Added chats, flashbacks, history: 15 -20 minus

Maybe i am being a bit conservative with the time...but i dont think theres enough story for a full film...

I like that idea of not compromising and pj taking his time to do it...but i fear even if it reaches the 230 hours or 3 hours , that the character archs and plots wont have the definitive end and conclusion feeling that we get from the trilogy...

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Post #104 of 378 (19488 views)
Shortcut
I whole-heartedly agree [In reply to] Can't Post

Also: you folks all knew that regardless of a third film or not The Hobbit was not going to be like the book AT ALL. Once PJ and Co (along with some of the original actors) signed up to make it they had an obligation to keep The Hobbit in the same world as the Lord of the Rings. The arrival of a third film shows their commitment to this vision and I'm excited they are taking it all the way instead of trying to land halfway in-between.

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 30 2012, 4:46pm

Post #105 of 378 (19477 views)
Shortcut
Are they certain about this? [In reply to] Can't Post

Where are they getting a summer '14 date?

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jul 30 2012, 4:46pm

Post #106 of 378 (19524 views)
Shortcut
A Few Observations [In reply to] Can't Post

The studio must like what they've seen. The general audience probably will too. Studios are usually quick to cut their losses when it's not worthwhile.

The theaters might like how, if each movie will now be shorter, they could fit more shows per day than they could otherwise with three-hour films.

Peter Jackson must not be tired of making this movie. He wants more. That suggests there should be a good energy and quality in these films. I appreciate that he is willing to put more of his life into this for us. The commitment means a little less time for his other projects. That gives me faith it is a priority and will be treated well.

The theaters and studios increase their revenues by 33%, more or less, in the theater and the home video market.

The chance for Oscars also just increased by 33%.

I wish Jackson would comment on The Green Tint (FOTR EE Blu-ray) too.

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 30 2012, 4:47pm

Post #107 of 378 (19435 views)
Shortcut
TORn has confirmed -- Summer 2014! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

BeornBerserker
Lorien

Jul 30 2012, 4:48pm

Post #108 of 378 (19461 views)
Shortcut
whatever else [In reply to] Can't Post

It is an impressive cast that seems to embraced their roles and middle earth and there was probably a desire to strike while the anvil was hot and they were in place.

RosieLass
Valinor

Jul 30 2012, 4:50pm

Post #109 of 378 (19492 views)
Shortcut
People keep saying "Trust Peter." [In reply to] Can't Post

But the fact is that I found the LOTR films only good, not great.

So I don't have the supreme confidence in him that other people do.

He had plenty of original Tolkien material in LOTR to make three films, and he still managed to disappoint me on several occasions.

And now he wants to make three films out of of a book barely needs one?

What part of that am I supposed to trust?

And as for having a negative opinion before I have facts, the people raving about what a fabulous idea this is have no more facts than I do. If their opinions are valid and acceptable, then so are mine.

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

DanielLB
Immortal

Post #110 of 378 (19371 views)
Shortcut
Thanks TORn [In reply to] Can't Post

This is all too exciting!

DanielLB
Immortal

Post #111 of 378 (19396 views)
Shortcut
As others have said in previous threads, I imagine we will get 3 2 hour films, rather than 2 3 hour films! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jul 30 2012, 4:51pm

Post #112 of 378 (19383 views)
Shortcut
hm [In reply to] Can't Post

Summer???

Hunf, i dont watch lotr during the summer time, only in winter, autumn and early spring....hot summer doesnt match with lotr as far as i am concerned...

Oh well, i guess ill go watch it in the Netherlands or Germany Laugh

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Jul 30 2012, 4:51pm

Post #113 of 378 (19421 views)
Shortcut
Intriguing [In reply to] Can't Post

Surely 'Riddles in the Dark' could only refer to the first film? There's no way they'd end it before the encounter with Gollum. Perhaps they're considering ditching 'An Unexpected Journey' as a title?

As for 'The Desolation of Smaug' – I quite like the sound of that, and it could equally refer to either the second or third film, depending on where they choose to make the second split.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 30 2012, 4:52pm

Post #114 of 378 (19384 views)
Shortcut
Any idea why they didn't do 3 Christmas releases like before?// [In reply to] Can't Post

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Post #115 of 378 (19480 views)
Shortcut
'the Battle of Dol Guldur' ? - [In reply to] Can't Post

- so it looks there is going to be a big fight at the Necromancer's fortress.

But I'm a little confused. Are they referring to the White Council's original attack or the battle that took place during the War of the Ring?

tell the full story of the adventures of Bilbo Baggins and the part he played in the sometimes dangerous, but at all times exciting, history of Middle-earth.

Could they possibly be referring to the later history of Middle-Earth?

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Post #116 of 378 (19341 views)
Shortcut
I think three two hour & fifty min. movies.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

Morok Cloudkeeper
Rohan

Jul 30 2012, 4:53pm

Post #117 of 378 (19346 views)
Shortcut
What about 3 3 hour films? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 30 2012, 4:53pm

Post #118 of 378 (19378 views)
Shortcut
As others have suggested, it would be dragging 1 story out over 3 years. [In reply to] Can't Post

It keeps the momentum going (like Harry Potter) if they are released closer together.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 30 2012, 4:54pm

Post #119 of 378 (19397 views)
Shortcut
How does that help fit in the extra material Peter wants to show?// [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 30 2012, 4:54pm

Post #120 of 378 (19380 views)
Shortcut
Or that! ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 30 2012, 4:55pm

Post #121 of 378 (19358 views)
Shortcut
That's very specific Kangi Ska. [In reply to] Can't Post

Any reasoning? Smile

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 30 2012, 4:56pm

Post #122 of 378 (19324 views)
Shortcut
It wasn't a problem with LOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

and I don't see how it would be with the Hobbit.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 30 2012, 4:56pm

Post #123 of 378 (19293 views)
Shortcut
Mathmatically, it is the same yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

But cinematically it makes a very large difference.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 30 2012, 4:57pm

Post #124 of 378 (19271 views)
Shortcut
I don't think I agree// [In reply to] Can't Post

Danielos
Rohan

Jul 30 2012, 4:57pm

Post #125 of 378 (19321 views)
Shortcut
I want 3 hour Hobbit-movies, dammit! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it possible that WB wants shorter movies (more profit?) and does not allow PJ to make 3 hour-movies and that this was the alternative not to lose any material? It would seem extremely sad, silly and cynical if that is the real reason.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.