3 Hobbit Films Confirmed
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jul 30 2012, 4:09pm

Post #51 of 378 (21640 views)
Shortcut
I would guess [In reply to] Can't Post

That there is likely to be more filming next year - at least three months worth - added to what has already been shot. There will also now be two years open for pick-ups, if needed.

Honestly, I think this will result in markedly better films.

Apexman13
Bree

Jul 30 2012, 4:10pm

Post #52 of 378 (21799 views)
Shortcut
agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

I was really looking forward to the end. This whole thing is just a reason for Warner Bros to cash in big time. So are we going to have to wait till 2014 to see the end? Or will it be some type of bridge film involving various plot elements from the appendices? Can we trust Peter to stretch this fairy tale? will the ending be worth it? This is going to be an interesting turn of events for sure.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 30 2012, 4:11pm

Post #53 of 378 (21690 views)
Shortcut
I think Xzibit says it best... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yo dawg, I heard you like splitting up movies, so we split up an already split up movie so you could have a split up movie that's split up.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jul 30 2012, 4:11pm

Post #54 of 378 (21901 views)
Shortcut
I'm betting [In reply to] Can't Post

Film two arrives in December 2013, and film three in the summer of 2014. Sort of the Harry Potter solution.

I doubt they'll take three years to tell the story. Would dissipate momentum, I think.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 30 2012, 4:12pm

Post #55 of 378 (21586 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad you are pleased SA! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have your ears been burning yet?

Ardamírë
Valinor

Post #56 of 378 (21668 views)
Shortcut
I understand that. And I love the appendices. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I don't think that everything in them is needed to tell this story. And I don't think that they couldn't have given us two beautiful films using some of the material.

Right now, I'm just nervous about how this will turn out. I'm sure I'll love the films, but what's the point of speculation if you can't freak out a little? Wink

nobofthepony
Lorien

Post #57 of 378 (21891 views)
Shortcut
I guarantee you, the death of Smaug made this necessary [In reply to] Can't Post

People were complaining about multiple endings in LOTR. Imagine if Smaug gets killed and there's another hour and a half of movie left.

So my prediction is that Dol Guldor will be the climax of film 2. We will see Bilbo enter Lonely Mountain and rouse Smaug. Smaug will leave Lonely Mountain and fly down to Laketown, and Film 2 will end there.

THAT way Smaug dies at the beginning of the 3rd movie and there is no chance of anyone mistaking that for the end of the movie. Then the third film is all BO5A.

Lily Brambleburr
The Shire

Jul 30 2012, 4:13pm

Post #58 of 378 (21679 views)
Shortcut
Reply [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, I'm quite unimaginative when it comes to titles, oh and a bit too excited to think.

Anyway, let's just hope that Peter Jackson has more talent than me when he's naming the 3rd movie. Blush

"Courage is found in unlikely places." - J.R.R Tolkien

DanielLB
Immortal

Post #59 of 378 (21669 views)
Shortcut
I think they were filming for 3 months next year regardless [In reply to] Can't Post

I expect this to go up!

Curious
Half-elven

Post #60 of 378 (21692 views)
Shortcut
Some day they will have to reshoot LotR as nine films!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Erufaildon
Bree

Jul 30 2012, 4:14pm

Post #61 of 378 (21720 views)
Shortcut
3rd movie out summer 2014 [In reply to] Can't Post

http://collider.com/the-hobbit-3-trilogy-2014/184894/

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #62 of 378 (21574 views)
Shortcut
Done... [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I can't do anything about movie titles, I can change thread titles! Good idea, and you can thank your friends over on Feedback for pointing this out! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

DanielLB
Immortal

Post #63 of 378 (21938 views)
Shortcut
Depending on the split [In reply to] Can't Post

It could be Xmas 2012, Summer 2013, Xmas 2014?

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 30 2012, 4:15pm

Post #64 of 378 (21623 views)
Shortcut
Cheers, SA... [In reply to] Can't Post

It isn't often we're in this much agreement! Wink

imin
Valinor

Jul 30 2012, 4:15pm

Post #65 of 378 (21647 views)
Shortcut
I think this is true [In reply to] Can't Post

they must either just be out to get as much cash as they can - i am positive that's the studios involvement. I would like to think PJ is doing it for reasons other than money. At this point he has millions, got oscars and directed the films he wants to, so i doubt for him at least its because of money.

Like you said it does show the team have great confidence in what they have filmed so far that they think they can change it from 2 films to 3. Maybe they just realised they have filmed way too much for 2 films and the running times would be too long, so they figure split it into 3 films and then we only need to add a little more and they are up to a decent length?

These for me will either come out as really very good movies - with the story being given time to have slower, quieter moments which i think all films need to a certain extent, which i felt LOTR, especially TTT and ROTK were lacking at times. This would be great.

However it could go the other way and feel like its too padded out - i am not really bothered if joe public likes it - i am more concerned if we on TORn (as in big fans) like it. I know they arent making it for us as we are a tiny proportion of the people who will watch it but i think if it feels padded out to us then it may feel that way to joe public.

For me it could go either way - I am really really hoping it goes the way of allowing slower character moments, with less reliance on fan fic that would be great :)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 30 2012, 4:16pm

Post #66 of 378 (21582 views)
Shortcut
Where did they get 2014 from? That seems like guesswork / [In reply to] Can't Post

Foromir
Rivendell

Post #67 of 378 (21679 views)
Shortcut
"Then the third film is all BO5A." Shudder to think of it....// [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Then the third film is all BO5A.

Curious
Half-elven

Post #68 of 378 (21549 views)
Shortcut
That makes sense. [In reply to] Can't Post

Where do you think the first film will end?

BeornBerserker
Lorien

Jul 30 2012, 4:17pm

Post #69 of 378 (21622 views)
Shortcut
I knew WB would have nixed this if totally rumor [In reply to] Can't Post

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Jul 30 2012, 4:18pm

Post #70 of 378 (21602 views)
Shortcut
I know what you mean... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll say it here and now... I'm becoming more and more convinced that new footage is being shot for the new version of Lord of the Rings.

I fully expect three things in particular:
  1. Martin Freeman in the prologue
  2. Balin scenes with the Balrog
  3. The War in the North in Return of the King

Visit Mexico from A to Z! Index to the whole series here.
Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

nobofthepony
Lorien

Jul 30 2012, 4:19pm

Post #71 of 378 (21598 views)
Shortcut
Film 1 - I'm thinking will end after Mirkwood and the dwarves getting captured// [In reply to] Can't Post

Vangalad
Lorien

Post #72 of 378 (21920 views)
Shortcut
Oi! Oi! [In reply to] Can't Post

Concerned as well... And never took it seriously all this time, but here we go again!
My query is about PJ's words about the filmed material, that after a viewing it seemed incomplete?so more filming ahead?

We know how much of the story of Bilbo Baggins, the Wizard Gandalf, the Dwarves of Erebor, the rise of the Necromancer, and the Battle of Dol Guldur will remain untold if we do not take this chance

Really, how much of Bilbo's story needs further telling than in two movies, or the Guldur plot and the dwarves in Erebor (at the bo5a or after it )?
So many questions and contradictions out there that can't win, for me at least, the title of a tremendous announcement.
We'll see...

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Post #73 of 378 (21787 views)
Shortcut
I knew it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I knew they would go that route.

Excellent news. That will be an exciting winter and summer!

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Jul 30 2012, 4:20pm

Post #74 of 378 (21872 views)
Shortcut
I'm on board with this [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm more interested in seeing as much of this universe as possible than I am in getting to see a tight and refined adaptation. The more footage they shoot, the happier I'll be. A few years down the line, there's always the possibility that they could remove the additional material, and present us with a shorter, more faithful version – but that doesn't work in reverse. It's now or never.

Filming as many scenes as possible just seems to be the route while leaves the most doors open for the future. We'll never have to look back and say, 'I wonder how that third film would have worked out?', and for that I'm grateful.

Curious
Half-elven

Jul 30 2012, 4:20pm

Post #75 of 378 (21732 views)
Shortcut
Will this cause any contract problems, I wonder? [In reply to] Can't Post

Presumably the actors signed up for two films, and were paid accordingly. I wonder if any of them will demand more money if it becomes three films?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.